It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy Birthday to Nolan McKenna and Ms. Chantelle Beaton.
Welcome to the following guest staff: Colin Clarke for Isis Fluegge, Harold Brothers for Brian Somers, Garrett Toole for Karen Malone, Kirk White (am) and Michael Brothers (pm) for Donna White.
- Peer Helpers will be having Block Meetings today.
- Trainor’s Science 421 class will meet in Room 119 today.
- Congratulations to Lily Levesque who was invited to perform her spoken word poem “Notes From the One in Three” at the Community Legal Association of PEI Victim’s Service at Marc’s Lounge in Charlottetown this past Friday. The event was organized by C.L.I.A. to acknowledge and support victims and survivors of crime.
- Would the following students, please see Mrs. Hicken some time today: Selina Martens, Rebecca Martens, Kim Lava, Kelly Clements, Ally Clements, Becca Cann, Grace Gormley, Madi Murphy, Maria Ferguson, Ruth Visser, Hannah Aitken, Taylor G. MacDonald, Katie Davidson, and Calista Steele.
- Prom Tickets are on sale today in the Cafeteria from 12:00 to 12:20! Prom contracts must be signed by the student and parent/guardian, then passed in to the ticket seller before a Prom Ticket can be purchased. Tickets will be sold until June 8, 2016. Tickets are $25.00. ALL STUDENT AND ATHLETIC FEES MUST BE PAID AND UNIFORMS RETURNED IN ORDER TO PURCHASE A TICKET!
Outstanding Athletic Fees: (Reminder: These must be paid before purchasing a Prom ticket.)
- Men’s Rugby Fee ($30): Chandler Gordon, Justin McCarthy, Milo Ryan, Alex MacKinnon ($10)
- Women’s Rugby Fee: Ally Clements ($10 balance)
- Women’s Softball Fee: Kirsten Buchanan ($35)
- Track and Field Fee ($10): David Thompson, Bailie Campbell
- Outstanding Fees: Jake Banks ($30), Kyle Parlee ($35), Jacob Bedell ($75)
- Wednesday, June 22, is an activity day for the graduating class.
- 11am – 2pm Brooklyn Paintball, (Students must travel by bus)
- 3 – 5 pm Hypnotist Show in the cafeteria
- 5 – 7 pm Banquet, Grad Slide Show, awards
- Total cost for the day is $30. If students cannot participate in the full day of activities, the paintball activity is $20 and the hypnotist/banquet is $10.
- Money and paintball permission forms will be collected during lunch until June 10, 2016.
- The Cafeteria will be closing on Friday for the school year.
- Grade 12 students are reminded that the green post-secondary form is due into Ms. Victor or Ms. Toombs by Friday, June 10.
- The Women’s Softball Championships have been rescheduled for today at 1:00 and 3:00 pm at City Diamond. The team will be dismissed from class at 11:30 am.
- All PE classes will be going to the driving range again on Wednesday. Students can bring their own clubs if they have them, and should dress for the weather.
- All Track and Field athletes must return their uniforms to the PE office at lunch time this week.
- Today’s Playoff Game: AAA Bronze Medal Match – Women’s Rugby vs Colonel Gray at TOSH 4:00pm. Bus departs at 1:00pm.
- MRHS Juice Box Female Athlete of the Week: Grace Gormley. Grace finished first in Juvenile Girls Triple Jump and anchored both the 4×100 and 4×400 Meter Relay teams to first place at the PEISAA Provincial Track and Field Championships.
- MRHS Juice Box Male Athlete of the Week: Daniel Whalen. Daniel finished first in the Senior Men’s 400 Metre Dash, 2nd in Triple Jump, and 3rd in Long Jump at the PEISAA Provincial Track and Field Championships. He was also a member of the 4×400 Metre and 4×100 Metre Relay teams who finished 2nd and 3rd respectively.
- Thank you to all athletes who competed at the PEISAA Provincial Track and Field Championships this weekend and represented MRHS so well. Congratulations to the following athletes who placed in the top four:
- Juvenile Girls:
- Kelly Clements – 4th Triple Jump
- Grace Gormley – 1st Triple Jump
- Chloe Murphy – 4th 200 Metre Dash
- Emma Stewart – 3rd Long Jump
- 4×100 Metre Relay Team (Chloe Murphy, Sami-Dee Chaisson, Kelly Clements, Grace Gormley) – 1st
- 4×400 Metre Relay Team (Chloe Murphy, Savannah Vandenberghe, Kelly Clements, Grace Gormley) – 1st
- Senior Girls:
- Nadine Blue – 2nd Triple Jump
- Ally Clements – 3rd 1500 Metre Run, 4th 3000 Metre Run
- Sarah MacVarish – 4th 100 Metre Dash, 4th 200 Metre Dash
- Sarah Visser – 2nd Shot Put
- 4×100 Metre Relay Team (Morganne Rice, Nadine Blue, Emma Collings, Sarah MacVarish) – 1st
- 4×400 Metre Relay Team (Amanda Gormley, Sarah Christensen, Alyta VanDenBroek, Lexy Mooney) – 2nd
- Juvenile Boys:
- Denver MacDonald – 2nd Discus, 3rd Shot Put
- Brodie McCarthy – 3rd 800 Metre Run, 3rd Triple Jump
- Kurtis Paula – 3rd 100 Metre Dash, 3rd 200 Metre Dash
- Darian Rice – 4th 2000 Metre Run
- 4×100 Metre Relay Team (Brodie McCarthy, Hunter Pauley, Ryan Lowry, Kurtis Paula) – 3rd
- 4×400 Metre Relay Team (Brodie McCarthy, Hunter Pauley, Evan Stewart, Kurtis Paula) – 3rd
- Senior Boys:
- Matthew Ferguson – 4th Javelin
- Mark Morrison – 3rd High Jump
- David Thompson – 2nd High Jump
- Daniel Whalen – 1st 400 Metre Dash, 2nd Triple Jump, 3rd Long Jump
- 4×100 Metre Relay Team (Daniel Martell, Mark Morrison, Ross Power, Daniel Whalen) – 3rd
- 4×400 Metre Relay Team (Kyle Parlee, Mark Morrison, Ross Power, Daniel Whalen) – 2nd
- Polar Expressions Summer 2016 National Poetry Contest and National Short-Story Contest is now accepting entries. Deadline is July 31, 2016. Please see Mrs. Killeen for more information before June 9 or check the website http://www.polarexpressions.ca/SummerContests.html
- The Job Bank is up and running! Check out the bulletin board across from Student Services.
- Students and staff are reminded all Library materials will be due on Wednesday, June 8.
- Friday Song Requests can be submitted to Ms. Nabuurs or Haley MacLeod.
- Breakfast Club is up and running, and is open for all students.
- The Fitness Centre is open for students Monday to Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 pm.
- Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Christie Beck.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee each year. Payment should be made to the office.