It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to Ethan Jackson Creamer and Topanga MacLean. Belated greetings to Stephen Chandler and John Ployer who celebrated their birthdays over this past weekend.
Welcome to the following guest staff: Adam Clow for Kelly Pike, Harold Brothers for Brian Somers, Sara Stewart for Logan Roche, Emma Donovan for Earl Campbell
- The Prom Committee will be barbecuing hot dogs today at lunch! Come on out and support Prom as this is our last fundraiser! Hot dogs will be $1.00.
- Prom Tickets are on sale today in the Cafeteria from 12:00 to 12:20! Prom contracts must be signed by the student and parent/guardian, then passed in to the ticket seller before a Prom Ticket can be purchased. Tickets will be sold until June 8, 2016. Tickets are $25.00. ALL STUDENT AND ATHLETIC FEES MUST BE PAID AND UNIFORMS RETURNED IN ORDER TO PURCHASE A TICKET!
Outstanding Athletic Fees: (Reminder: These must be paid before purchasing a Prom ticket.)
- Men’s Rugby Fee ($30): Chandler Gordon, Justin McCarthy, Milo Ryan, Alex MacKinnon ($10)
- Women’s Rugby Fee: Ally Clements ($10 balance)
- Women’s Softball Fee: Kirsten Buchanan ($35)
- Banquet Fee ($5):Kai Boyle
- Track and Field Fee ($10): David Thompson, Bailie Campbell
- Outstanding Fees: Jake Banks ($30), Kyle Parlee ($35), Jacob Bedell ($75)
- Wednesday, June 22, is an activity day for the graduating class.
- 11am – 2pm Brooklyn Paintball, (Students must travel by bus)
- 3 – 5 pm Hypnotist Show in the cafeteria
- 5 – 7 pm Banquet, Grad Slide Show, awards
- Total cost for the day is $30. If students cannot participate in the full day of activities, the paintball activity is $20 and the hypnotist/banquet is $10.
- Money and paintball permission forms will be collected during lunch until June 10, 2016.
- All PE classes will be going to the driving range today and Wednesday. Students can bring their own clubs if they have them, and should dress for the weather.
- All Track and Field athletes must return their uniforms to the PE office at lunch time this week.
- Congratulations to the following athletes who have been selected as PEISAA All Stars:
- Women’s Softball: Emily Brothers and Danielle Collings
- AAA Women’s Rugby: Bailie Campbell, Emma Collings, Amanda Gormley, and Sarah Visser
- AAA Men’s Rugby: Isaac Arbuckle, Denver Bastedo, Tanner Crant, and Mark Morrison
- Today’s Playoff Games: Semifinal in Women’s Softball vs. Bluefield at Kiwanis Field 4:00pm. Gold and bronze medal games to follow at 6:00pm. Women will depart at 2:00pm.
- Also Today: AA Gold Medal Match – Men’s Rugby at Bluefield 7:00pm. Bus departs at 4:30pm
- Tuesday’s Playoff Game: AAA Bronze Medal Match – Women’s Rugby vs Colonel Gray at TOSH 4:00pm. Bus departs at 1:00pm.
- Polar Expressions Summer 2016 National Poetry Contest and National Short-Story Contest is now accepting entries. Deadline is July 31, 2016. Please see Mrs. Killeen for more information before June 9 or check the website http://www.polarexpressions.ca/SummerContests.html
- The Job Bank is up and running! Check out the bulletin board across from Student Services.
- Students and staff are reminded all Library materials will be due on Wednesday, June 8.
- Mindful Mondays: helping teens de-stress. Meeting on Mondays in the Library Conference room from 12:00 to 12:30pm.
- Friday Song Requests can be submitted to Ms. Nabuurs or Haley MacLeod.
- Breakfast Club is up and running, and is open for all students.
- The Fitness Centre is open for students Monday to Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 pm.
- Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Christie Beck.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee each year. Payment should be made to the office.