It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy Birthday to Nathan Messer and Earl Campbell.
Welcome to the following guest staff: Garrett Toole for Glenda McInnis (am) and Karen Malone (pm), Dean Lackie for Natasha Nabuurs, Kirk White for Michael Brothers (am), Adam Clow for Kelly Pike, Amy McCarron for Charlie Trainor, Denise McGillivray for Gail Johnston (pm), Ralph Jamieson for Jill Power (am) and Tim Lea (pm), Mark Gregory for Trisha Burrows.
- Yoga at lunch with Ms. Toombs in Room 201. Mats are provided.
- Logan Robertson: See Mrs. Killeen in the Library today, please!
- Prom Tickets are on sale today in the Cafeteria from 12:00 to 12:20! Prom contracts must be signed by the student and parent/guardian, then passed in to the ticket seller before a Prom Ticket can be purchased. Tickets will be sold until June 8, 2016. Tickets are $25.00. ALL STUDENT AND ATHLETIC FEES MUST BE PAID AND UNIFORMS RETURNED IN ORDER TO PURCHASE A TICKET!
Outstanding Athletic Fees: (Reminder: These must be paid before purchasing a Prom ticket.)
- Men’s Rugby Fee ($30): Chandler Gordon, Justin McCarthy, Milo Ryan, Alex MacKinnon ($10)
- Women’s Rugby Fee: Ally Clements ($10 balance)
- Women’s Softball Fee: Kirsten Buchanan ($35)
- Banquet Fee ($5):Kai Boyle
- Track and Field Fee ($10): David Thompson, Bailie Campbell
- Outstanding Fees: Jake Banks ($30), Kyle Parlee ($35), Jacob Bedell ($75)
- The Prom Committee will be barbecuing hot dogs Monday at lunch! Come on out and support Prom as this is our last fundraiser! Hot dogs will be $1.00.
- Wednesday, June 22, is an activity day for the graduating class.
- 11am – 2pm Brooklyn Paintball, (Students must travel by bus)
- 3 – 5 pm Hypnotist Show in the cafeteria
- 5 – 7 pm Banquet, Grad Slide Show, awards
- Total cost for the day is $30. If students cannot participate in the full day of activities, the paintball activity is $20 and the hypnotist/banquet is $10.
- Money and paintball permission forms will be collected during lunch from June 6 to June 10, 2016.
- All PE classes will be going to the driving range on Monday and Wednesday next week. Students can bring their own clubs if they have them, and should dress for the weather.
- MRHS Juice Box Female Athlete of the Week: Chloe Murphy. Chloe placed first in the Juvenile Girls 200 metre dash, and ran strong races with the 4×100 and 4×400 meter relay teams, both of whom finished first at the Regional East Track and Field Meet. Chloe is also a member of the Women’s Rugby team who will play for AAA Bronze next Tuesday.
- MRHS Juice Box Male Athlete of the Week: Brodie McCarthy. Brodie qualified for the PEISAA Provincial Track and Field Championships in the 100m, 800m, and triple jump. He is also a member of the 4×100 and 4×400 meter relay teams, both of whom will compete at provincials.
- Polar Expressions Summer 2016 National Poetry Contest and National Short-Story Contest is now accepting entries. Deadline is July 31, 2016. Please see Mrs. Killeen for more information before June 9 or check the website http://www.polarexpressions.ca/SummerContests.html
- The Job Bank is up and running! Check out the bulletin board across from Student Services.
- Students and staff are reminded all Library materials will be due on Wednesday, June 8.
- Mindful Mondays: helping teens de-stress. Meeting on Mondays in the Library Conference room from 12:00 to 12:30pm.
- Friday Song Requests can be submitted to Ms. Nabuurs or Haley MacLeod.
- Breakfast Club is up and running, and is open for all students.
- The Fitness Centre is open for students Monday to Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 pm.
- Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Christie Beck.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee each year. Payment should be made to the office.