It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy Birthday to Parker Ellis.
Welcome to the following guest staff: Adam Clow for Seana Evans-Renaud, Nicole Butler for Chantelle Beaton, Garrett Toole for Karen Malone, Ralph Jamieson for Maureen MacDonald.
- White’s Coop students are asked to go to Room 84 at break this morning.
- Trainor’s Agriscience class members are reminded to bring outdoor clothes to clean up the flower beds.
- Congratulations to Preston Llewellyn! He was the winner of the lottery tree raffle. Thanks to all those who supported the Envirothon team.
- This is the last day to borrow Library books for this school year.
- There will be a meeting for the Prom Decorating Committee today at 11:45 in Room 87.
- Social Justice Diversity Club is meeting today.
- Band practice for Graduation will be held today after school until 4:30pm.
- Any Grads who are interested in being part of the choir or being readers for the Grad Church Service should go to Learning Centre B at 11:45 today. If you have any questions, see Ms. Beck or Ms. Anderson.
- This evening at 6:30, a group of students from Mr. Kelly’s Global Issues class is hosting an event called “Promoting Prominence: An Evening with Inspirational Islanders”. Speakers include Brad Oliver, Paul MacNeill, Peter Bevan-Baker, Ross Young, Duncan McIntosh, Linda Brown, Jana Furness, and Sarah Bryenton.
- Prom Tickets are on sale today in the Cafeteria from 12:00 to 12:20! Prom contracts must be signed by the student and parent/guardian, then passed in to the ticket seller before a Prom Ticket can be purchased. Tickets will be sold until June 8, 2016. Tickets are $25.00. ALL STUDENT AND ATHLETIC FEES MUST BE PAID AND UNIFORMS RETURNED IN ORDER TO PURCHASE A TICKET!
Outstanding Athletic Fees: (Reminder: These must be paid before purchasing a Prom ticket.)
- Men’s Rugby Fee ($30): Chandler Gordon, Dexter Fraser, Justin McCarthy, Milo Ryan, Alex MacKinnon
- Women’s Rugby Fee: Ally Clements ($10 balance)
- Women’s Softball Fee: Kirsten Buchanan ($35)
- Banquet Fee ($5):Kai Boyle
- Track and Field Fee ($10): David Thompson, Ryan Lowery, Bailie Campbell
- Outstanding Fees: Jake Banks ($30), Kyle Parlee ($35), Jacob Bedell ($75)
- There will be a Grad Activity committee meeting tomorrow (Thursday) at noon in Room 119.
- The following students are reminded that you are selling Prom Tickets from 12:00 to 12:20 in the Cafeteria: Thursday – Tara and Rose; Friday – Emma, Tara and Rose.
- Women’s Softball team travels to TOSH for their quarterfinal at 5:00pm. Team is leaving at 2:00 pm.
- Today’s Home Game: Men’s Rugby semifinal against Charlottetown Rural at 5:30pm.
- Women’s Rugby team travels to TOSH for the AAA semifinal at 5:30pm.
- Track and field practice today and Thursday. Ms. Clements will be running practice today.
- The Job Bank is up and running for the next two weeks on the bulletin board across from Student Services.
- Students and staff are reminded all Library materials will be due on Wednesday, June 8.
- Mindful Mondays: helping teens de-stress. Meeting on Mondays in the Library Conference room from 12:00 to 12:30pm.
- Friday Song Requests can be submitted to Ms. Nabuurs or Haley MacLeod.
- Breakfast Club is up and running, and is open for all students.
- The Fitness Centre is open for students Monday to Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 pm.
- Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Christie Beck.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee each year. Payment should be made to the office.