It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to Ryan Lowery, Avery Smith, and Trevor Whalen .
Welcome to the following guest staff: Nicole Butler for Chantelle Beaton, Dean Lackie for Lianne Garland, Brett Wilson for Sharon Anderson, Chelsey MacDonald for Matthew Killeen, Brian Crane for Yvonne Higgins.
- Prom Tickets are on sale today in the Cafeteria from 12:00 to 12:20! Prom contracts must be signed by the student and parent/guardian, then passed in to the ticket seller before a Prom Ticket can be purchased. Tickets will be sold until June 8, 2016. Tickets are $25.00. ALL STUDENT AND ATHLETIC FEES MUST BE PAID AND UNIFORMS RETURNED IN ORDER TO PURCHASE A TICKET!
- The Job Bank is up and running for the next two weeks on the bulletin board across from Student Services.
- MRHS Awards Banquet is tonight, starting at 6:00. Students are reminded that dress for the banquet is “business casual” (dress, skirt, or dress pants for girls, nice pants and collared shirt for guys, tie optional).
- The Nearly New in Montague has reduced the price of prom dresses in stock to $10.
- This is “World No Tobacco Day”. Do your part!
Outstanding Athletic Fees: (Reminder: These must be paid before the banquet or purchasing a Prom ticket.)
- Men’s Rugby Fee ($30): Chandler Gordon, Dexter Fraser, Logan Robertson, Matthew Ferguson, Justin McCarthy, Milo Ryan, Alex MacKinnon
- Women’s Rugby Fee ($30): Billie MacKay, Sarah Christensen, Ally Clements ($10 balance)
- Women’s Softball Fee: Kirsten Buchanan ($35)
- Banquet Fee ($5):Denver Bastedo, Kai Boyle
- Track and Field Fee ($10): David Thompson, Sarah Visser, Billie MacKay, Sarah Christensen, Matthew Ferguson, Ryan Lowery, Bailie Campbell
- Outstanding Fees: Jake Banks ($30), Kyle Parlee ($35), Jacob Bedell ($75)
- There will be a meeting for the Prom Decorating Committee on Wednesday at 11:45 in Room 87.
- The following students are reminded that you are selling Prom Tickets from 12:00 to 12:20 in the Cafeteria: Wednesday – Tessa and Maddy, Thursday – Tara and Rose, and Friday – Emma, Tara and Rose.
- Social Justice Diversity Club is meeting on Wednesday, June 1.
- Band practice for Graduation will be held on Wednesday after school until 4:30pm.
- Any Grads who are interested in being part of the choir or being readers for the Grad Church Service should come to Learning Centre B at 11:45 on Wednesday, June 1. If you have any questions, see Ms. Beck or Ms. Anderson.
- On June 1 at 6:30pm, a group of students from Mr. Kelly’s Global Issues class is hosting an event called “Promoting Prominence: An Evening with Inspirational Islanders”. Speakers include Brad Oliver, Paul MacNeill, Peter Bevan-Baker, Ross Young, Duncan McIntosh, Linda Brown, Jana Fur ness, and Sarah Bryenton.
- The MRHS Athletic Department is pleased to announce this year’s nominees for Athlete of the Year. The awards will be presented this evening at the banquet. Nominees for Female Athlete of the Year are Ally Clements, Grace Gormley, and Morganne Rice. Nominees for Male Athlete of the Year are Mark Morrison, Michael VanderZwaag, and Daniel Whalen.
- Track and Field athletes who did not qualify for provincials must return their uniforms to the PE office at noon.
Student Services Information:
- The PEI Federation of Agriculture, Island Lime and PEI Agromart Ltd. is offering a new $2000 scholarship. Students should see Ms. Toombs or Ms. Victor for an application.
- The Belfast Minor Hockey Award deadline has been extended to June 3.
- Applications for Grade 12 Awards are due to Student Services no later than June 3. See Ms. Toombs or Ms. Victor if you have any questions.
- The following students should visit the Library to discuss your accounts, many of which are overdue from October-March: Jake Banks, Lucas Batchilder, Colton Blaisdell, Dawn Boudreault, Kevin Burke, Zakery Chandler, Allie Cheverie, Marlee Clark, Keegan Creed, Dustin Fleming, Hannah Glover, Tionna Gordon, Jakob Gosbee, Chloe Harris, Brett Hicken, Noah Inman, Mitchell Irving, Jasmine Katz, Isaac Kemp, Avery Lewis, Ryan Lowery, Sierra MacDonald, Katlin MacKay, Kyla MacKenzie, Hannah MacKinnon, Topanga MacLean, Kyle MacMaster, Daniel Martell, Samantha Martell, Jackson Moore, Jared Pirch, Samantha Pirch, Halle Quinn, Matthew Quinn, Karly Regular, Darian Rice, Milo Ryan, Jonathan Schellekens, Skyler Sentner, Brandon Smith, Derek Snook, Austin Sorrie, Cody Taylor, Keighan White.
- Students and staff are reminded that the last day to borrow Library books will be Wednesday, June 1. All materials will be due on Wednesday, June 8.
- Mindful Mondays: helping teens de-stress. Meeting on Mondays in the Library Conference room from 12:00 to 12:30pm.
- Friday Song Requests can be submitted to Ms. Nabuurs or Haley MacLeod.
- Breakfast Club is up and running, and is open for all students.
- The Fitness Centre is open for students Monday to Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 pm.
- Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Christie Beck.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee each year. Payment should be made to the office.