It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy Birthday to Jason de Vries, Ros Goldfinch and Grace Gormley. Belated greetings to Luke Myers and Hannah MacKinnon who celebrated their birthdays over this past weekend.
Welcome to the following guest staff: Adam Clow for Carl Evans, Nicole Butler for Chantelle Beaton, Dean Lackie for Jared Cheverie, Chelsey MacDonald for Angela Killeen
- There will be one final SEVEC meeting today in Mr. Kelly’s room at 12:00 sharp. Attendance is mandatory.
- Congratulations to all Track and Field athletes on representing MRHS so well at the Regional East Meet! Results are posted in the PE hallway. The top eight finishers in each event advance to the PEISAA Track and Field Championships on June 3 and 4. The schedule for the provincial championships is posted in the PE hallway.
- Yo Yo Yo! Rap Battle group starts today! Sign up in Student Services with Earl aka “Big Eazy”.
Outstanding Athletic Fees: (Reminder: These must be paid before the banquet or purchasing a Prom ticket.)
- Men’s Rugby Fee ($30): Mark Morrison, Chandler Gordon, Dexter Fraser, Isaac Arbuckle, Logan Robertson, Matthew Ferguson, Justin McCarthy, Milo Ryan, Alex MacKinnon
- Women’s Rugby Fee ($30): Alisha MacDonald, Billie MacKay, Sarah Christensen, Ally Clements ($10 balance)
- Women’s Softball Fee: Kaitlyn Patton ($30), Kirsten Buchanan ($35)
- Banquet Fee ($5): Luke Myers, Denver Bastedo, Sarah Visser, Kai Boyle, David Cain, Braden Stewart
- Track and Field Fee ($10): David Thompson, Sarah Visser, Billie MacKay, Sarah Christensen, Matthew Ferguson, Ryan Lowry, Bailie Campbell
- Outstanding Fees: Jake Banks ($30), Kyle Parlee ($35), Jacob Bedell ($75)
- There will be a meeting for the Prom Decorating Committee on Wednesday at 11:45 in Room 87.
- The following students are reminded that you are selling Prom Tickets from 12:00 to 12:20 in the Cafeteria: Tuesday – Grace and Alyssa, Wednesday – Tessa and Maddy, Thursday – Tara and Rose, and Friday – Emma, Tara and Rose.
- MRHS Awards Banquet is on May 31 at 6:00pm. Students are reminded that dress for the MRHS Awards Banquet on Tuesday is “business casual” (dress, skirt, or dress pants for girls, nice pants and collared shirt for guys, tie optional).
- Social Justice Diversity Club is meeting on Wednesday, June 1.
- Any Grads who are interested in being part of the choir or being readers for the Grad Church Service should come to Learning Centre B at 11:45 on Wednesday, June 1. If you have any questions, see Ms. Beck or Ms. Anderson.
- On June 1 at 6:30pm, a group of students from Mr. Kelly’s Global Issues class is hosting an event called “Promoting Prominence: An Evening with Inspirational Islanders”. Speakers include Brad Oliver, Paul MacNeill, Peter Bevan-Baker, Ross Young, Duncan McIntosh, Linda Brown, Jana Fur ness, and Sarah Bryenton.
- Women’s Softball is cancelled today.
- The MRHS Athletic Department is pleased to announce this year’s nominees for Athlete of the Year. The awards will be presented at the Awards Banquet on May 31.
- Female Athlete of the Year Nominees: Ally Clements, Grace Gormley, Morganne Rice
- Male Athlete of the Year Nominees: Mark Morrison, Michael VanderZwaag, Daniel Whalen
- Athletes who owe fees for any sport can pay these at the PE office any day at noon. These must be paid in order to attend the awards banquet.
- Track and Field athletes who did not qualify for provincials must return their uniforms to the PE office at noon.
Student Services Information:
- The PEI Federation of Agriculture, Island Lime and PEI Agromart Ltd. is offering a new $2000 scholarship. Students should see Ms. Toombs or Ms. Victor for an application.
- The Belfast Minor Hockey Award deadline has been extended to June 3.
- Applications for Grade 12 Awards are due to Student Services no later than June 3. See Ms. Toombs or Ms. Victor if you have any questions.
- Prom Contracts are available in the office. This form must be signed by the student and parent/guardian, then passed in to the ticket seller beforea Prom Ticket can be purchased. Tickets will be sold from May 31 until June 8, 2016. Tickets are $25.00. ALL STUDENT AND ATHLETIC FEES MUST BE PAID AND UNIFORMS RETURNED IN ORDER TO PURCHASE A TICKET!
- The following students should visit the Library to discuss your accounts, many of which are overdue from October-March: Jake Banks, Lucas Batchilder, Colton Blaisdell, Dawn Boudreault, Kevin Burke, Zakery Chandler, Allie Cheverie, Marlee Clark, Keegan Creed, Dustin Fleming, Hannah Glover, Tionna Gordon, Jakob Gosbee, Chloe Harris, Brett Hicken, Noah Inman, Mitchell Irving, Jasmine Katz, Isaac Kemp, Avery Lewis, Ryan Lowery, Sierra MacDonald, Katlin MacKay, Kyla MacKenzie, Hannah MacKinnon, Topanga MacLean, Kyle MacMaster, Daniel Martell, Samantha Martell, Jackson Moore, Jared Pirch, Samantha Pirch, Halle Quinn, Matthew Quinn, Karly Regular, Darian Rice, Milo Ryan, Jonathan Schellekens, Skyler Sentner, Brandon Smith, Derek Snook, Austin Sorrie, Cody Taylor, Keighan White.
- Students and staff are reminded that the last day to borrow Library books will be Wednesday, June 1. All materials will be due on Wednesday, June 8.
- Mindful Mondays: helping teens de-stress. Meeting on Mondays in the Library Conference room from 12:00 to 12:30pm.
- Friday Song Requests can be submitted to Ms. Nabuurs or Haley MacLeod.
- Breakfast Club is up and running, and is open for all students.
- The Fitness Centre is open for students Monday to Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 pm.
- Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Christie Beck.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee each year. Payment should be made to the office.