It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to Matthew Beck, Ally Clements, and Lauren MacDonald.
Welcome to the following guest staff: Colin Clarke for Matthew Killeen, Nicole Butler for Seana Evans-Renaud, Dean Lackie for Kelly Pike, Mike Brothers for Maureen MacDonald, Brett Wilson for Sharon Anderson, Molly Bell for Charlie Trainor, Ralph Jamieson for Christie Beck
- This is the last day to submit a Prom Sign-in Contract to the office for approval.
- Yoga at lunch today, 11:55am to 12:15pm, in Room 201. Mats provided.
- Culinary is serving their last meal of the year today. There are still meals available for purchase. Visit Room 136 at 11:50am with your $8. First come with payment will be the first served.
Outstanding Athletic Fees: (Reminder: These must be paid before the banquet or purchasing a Prom ticket.)
- Men’s Rugby Fee ($30): Mark Morrison, Chandler Gordon, Dexter Fraser, Isaac Arbuckle, Logan Robertson, Matthew Ferguson, Justin McCarthy, Milo Ryan, Alex MacKinnon
- Women’s Rugby Fee ($30): Alisha MacDonald, Amanda Gormley, Billie MacKay, Sarah Christensen, Ally Clements ($10 balance)
- Women’s Softball Fee ($30): Kaitlyn Patton, Kirsten Buchanan ($35), Marley MacNeill ($20)
- Banquet Fee ($5): Kurtis Paula, Luke Myers, Denver Bastedo, Sarah Visser, Kai Boyle, David Cain, Braden Stewart
- Outstanding Fees: Jake Banks ($30), Kyle Parlee ($100), Jacob Bedell ($75), Ryan MacEachern ($75)
- Yo Yo Yo! Rap Battle group will be starting up during lunch on Monday, May 30! If you’re interested in having a rap battle, please sign up in Student Services with Earl a.k.a Big Eazy. If you have any questions, please see Colton Matheson a.k.a C.L. Bling. Peace Out.
- MRHS Awards Banquet is on May 31 at 6:00pm. Students are reminded that dress for the MRHS Awards Banquet on Tuesday is “business casual” (dress, skirt, or dress pants for girls, nice pants and collared shirt for guys, tie optional).
- Social Justice Diversity Club is meeting on Wednesday, June 1.
- Any Grads who are interested in being part of the choir or being readers for the Grad Church Service should come to Learning Centre B at 11:45 on Wednesday, June 1. If you have any questions, see Ms. Beck or Ms. Anderson.
- On June 1 at 6:30pm, a group of students from Mr. Kelly’s Global Issues class is hosting an event called “Promoting Prominence: An Evening with Inspirational Islanders”. Speakers include Brad Oliver, Paul MacNeill, Peter Bevan-Baker, Ross Young, Duncan McIntosh, Linda Brown, Jana Fur ness, and Sarah Bryenton.
Student Services Information:
- The PEI Federation of Agriculture, Island Lime and PEI Agromart Ltd. is offering a new $2000 scholarship. Students should see Ms. Toombs or Ms. Victor for an application.
- The Belfast Minor Hockey Award deadline has been extended to June 3.
- Applications for Grade 12 Awards are due to Student Services no later than June 3. See Ms. Toombs or Ms. Victor if you have any questions.
- The MRHS Athletic Department is pleased to announce this year’s nominees for Athlete of the Year. The awards will be presented at the Awards Banquet on May 31.
- Female Athlete of the Year: Ally Clements, Grace Gormley, Morganne Rice
- Male Athlete of the Year: Mark Morrison, Michael VanderZwaag, Daniel Whalen
- MRHS Juice Box Female Athlete of the Week: Maria Ferguson. Maria battled illness to compete in and finish the Triton Triathlon on Monday.
- Athletes who owe fees for any sport can pay these at the PE office any day at noon. These must be paid in order to attend the awards banquet.
- Track and Field practices on May 31 and June 2. PEISAA Provincial Championships are on June 3 and 4 at UPEI.
- Prom Contracts are available in the office. This form must be signed by the student and parent/guardian, then passed in to the ticket seller beforea Prom Ticket can be purchased. Tickets will be sold from May 31 until June 8, 2016. Tickets are $25.00. ALL STUDENT AND ATHLETIC FEES MUST BE PAID AND UNIFORMS RETURNED IN ORDER TO PURCHASE A TICKET!
- The following students should visit the Library to discuss your accounts, many of which are overdue from October-March: Jake Banks, Lucas Batchilder, Ellie Beck, Colton Blaisdell, Dawn Boudreault, Kevin Burke, John Campbell, Zakery Chandler, Allie Cheverie, Marlee Clark, 0Keegan Creed, Dustin Fleming, Chaucer Fraser, Hannah Glover, Logan Glover, Tionna Gordon, Jakob Gosbee, Chloe Harris, Brett Hicken, Noah Inman, Mitchell Irving, Jasmine Katz, Isaac Kemp, Avery Lewis, Roey Loung, Ryan Lowery, Sierra MacDonald, Katlin MacKay, Kyla MacKenzie, Hannah MacKinnon, Topanga MacLean, Kyle MacMaster, Daniel Martell, Samantha Martell, Jackson Moore, Jared Pirch, Samantha Pirch, Halle Quinn, Matthew Quinn, Karla Regular, Darian Rice, Milo Ryan, Jonathan Schellekens, Skyler Sentner, Nikita Sheppard, Brandon Smith, Derek Snook, Austin Sorrie, Cody Taylor, David Thomas, Trevor Whalen, Keighan White.
- Students and staff are reminded that the last day to borrow Library books will be Wednesday, June 1. All materials will be due on Wednesday, June 8.
- Mindful Mondays: helping teens de-stress. Meeting on Mondays in the Library Conference room from 12:00 to 12:30pm.
- Friday Song Requests can be submitted to Ms. Nabuurs or Haley MacLeod.
- Breakfast Club is up and running, and is open for all students.
- The Fitness Centre is open for students Monday to Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 pm.
- Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Christie Beck.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee each year. Payment should be made to the office.