It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy Birthday to C.J. Bowlan. We extend belated birthday greetings to the following students who celebrated their birthdays over this past weekend: Dylan Higginbotham, Jake Rouzes, and Mark Vandenberghe.
Welcome to the following guest staff: Adam Clow for Jillian Power, Garrett Toole for Mike Stewart, Chelsey MacDonald for Sandra Hicken, Paige Richards for Logan Roche
- Prom Contracts are available in the office. This form must be signed by the student and parent/guardian, then passed in to the ticket seller before a Prom Ticket can be purchased. Tickets will be sold from May 31 until June 8, 2016.
- Prom Sign-in Contracts are available in the office. This contract must be signed and returned to Ms. Evans-Renaud for approval NO LATER THAN FRIDAY, MAY 27!
- The following students should see Mrs. Killeen ASAP to discuss your library accounts, many of which are overdue from October-March: Jake Banks, Lucas Batchilder, Ellie Beck, Colton Blaisdell, Dawn Boudreault, Kevin Burke, John Campbell, Zakery Chandler, Allie Cheverie, Marlee Clark, 0Keegan Creed, Dustin Fleming, Chaucer Fraser, Hannah Glover, Logan Glover, Tionna Gordon, Jakob Gosbee, Chloe Harris, Brett Hicken, Noah Inman, Mitchell Irving, Jasmine Katz, Isaac Kemp, Avery Lewis, Roey Loung, Ryan Lowery, Sierra MacDonald, Katlin MacKay, Kyla MacKenzie, Hannah MacKinnon, Topanga MacLean, Kyle MacMaster, Daniel Martell, Samantha Martell, Jackson Moore, Jared Pirch, Samantha Pirch, Halle Quinn, Matthew Quinn, Karla Regular, Darian Rice, Milo Ryan, Jonathan Schellekens, Skyler Sentner, Nikita Sheppard, Brandon Smith, Derek Snook, Austin Sorrie, Cody Taylor, David Thomas, Trevor Whalen, Keighan White.
- There will be a Prom Committee Meeting this Wednesday for the Ticket Committee and the Fundraising Committee. Meeting is in Room 87 at 11:45.
- There will be a wrap-up meeting for the Environmental Club this Thursday at 3:10 in Mr. Trainor’s room.
- Yo Yo Yo! Rap Battle group will be starting up during lunch on Monday, May 30! If you’re interested in having a rap battle, please sign up in Student Services with Earl a.k.a Big Eazy. If you have any questions, please see Colton Matheson a.k.a C.L. Bling. Peace Out.
- MRHS Awards Banquet is on May 31 at 6 pm. Athletics, Music Department, Student Council, and Yearbook awards will be presented.
Student Services Information:
- The Belfast Minor Hockey Award deadline has been extended to June 3.
- Applications for Grade 12 Awards are due to Student Services no later than June 3. See Ms. Toombs or Ms. Victor if you have any questions.
- Ball Hockey Crossover Games: Dirty Dancers vs Georgetown Eagles today. JASONS play Cardigan Flyers on Thursday, May 26.
- MRHS Juice Box Female Athlete of the Week:
- MRHS Juice Box Male Athlete of the Week:
- Track and Field practice dates: May 24, 31, and June 2. Regional East Meet is on May 26 at UPEI. PEISAA Provincial Championships are on June 3 and 4 at UPEI.
- Students and staff are reminded that the last day to borrow Library books will be Wednesday, June 1. All materials will be due on Wednesday, June 8.
- Mindful Mondays: helping teens de-stress. Meeting on Mondays in the Library Conference room from 12:00 to 12:30pm.
- Friday Song Requests can be submitted to Ms. Nabuurs or Haley MacLeod.
- Breakfast Club is up and running, and is open for all students.
- The Fitness Centre is open for students Monday to Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 pm.
- Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Christie Beck.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee each year. Payment should be made to the office.
Public Service Announcements:
- Women’s Realistic Self Defense Workshop being offered at Atlantic Fitness East on June 11 from 10:00am to 2:00pm. The workshop is for those aged 12+ and there has been a wide range of women at these workshops aged from 12 – 65! Cost is $60/person, with an early bird price of $45 if pre-paid before June 3. (This price holds as a student rate.) Email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your space.
- Montague is having “Montague’s Got Talent” as part of the Summer Days Activities. Entry forms with more detailed information are available from the main school office.
- Camp Keir’s 2016 Summer Camp Schedule is now available, starting with the Leader in Training Program which runs from July 3 to 15. Posters are up in the main hallway and brochures available in the main office.