It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to Tori MacSwain.
Welcome to the following guest staff: Helena Jamieson for Kelly Matheson, Nicole Butler for Natasha Nabuurs, Chelsey MacDonald for Maureen MacDonald, Harold Brothers for Peter Connaughton, Kirk White for Sandra Hicken (am), Dean Lackie for Ronnie Munn, Adam Clow for Matt Kelly, Brian Crane for Pauline Kelly, Jenny McCarron for Lori Lee MacDonald
- Toonie Toss! Today at 12:00 pm, throw your Toonies off the top of the Gym Balcony! The four closest Toonies to the Target will receive “What’s the Scoop” Gift Certificates!
- The following students should see Mrs. Killeen ASAP to discuss your library accounts, many of which are overdue from October-March: Jake Banks, Lucas Batchilder, Ellie Beck, Colton Blaisdell, Cordell Blaisdell, Dawn Boudreault, Brandon Boutilier, Kevin Burke, John Campbell, Zakery Chandler, Allie Cheverie, Marlee Clark, Colden Clory, Keegan Creed, Dustin Fleming, Chaucer Fraser, Hannah Glover, Logan Glover, Tionna Gordon, Jakob Gosbee, Chloe Harris, Brett Hicken, Noah Inman, Mitchell Irving, Jasmine Katz, Isaac Kemp, Avery Lewis, Roey Loung, Ryan Lowery, Sierra MacDonald, Katlin MacKay, Kyla MacKenzie, Hannah MacKinnon, Topanga MacLean, Kyle MacMaster, Daniel Martell, Samantha Martell, Jackson Moore, Jared Pirch, Samantha Pirch, Halle Quinn, Matthew Quinn, Karla Regular, Darian Rice, Milo Ryan, Jonathan Schellekens, Skyler Sentner, Nikita Sheppard, Brandon Smith, Derek Snook, Austin Sorrie, Cody Taylor, David Thomas, Trevor Whalen, Keighan White.
- This Saturday, the MRHS Envirothon team will be selling tickets on the $100 lottery tree and selling hotdogs at Kent Building Supplies in Montague from 10-2pm. Please stop by and show the girls your support!
- There will be a wrap-up meeting for the Environmental Club next Thursday at 3:10 in Mr. Trainor’s room.
- MRHS Awards Banquet is on May 31 at 6 pm. Athletics, Music Department, Student Council, and Yearbook awards will be presented.
Student Services Information:
- Applications for Grade 12 Awards are due to Student Services no later than June 3. See Ms. Toombs or Ms. Victor if you have any questions.
- Ball Hockey Crossover Games: Dirty Dancers vs Georgetown Eagles on Tuesday, May 24. JASONS play Cardigan Flyers on Thursday, May 26.
- MRHS Juice Box Female Athlete of the Week: Bailie Campbell. Bailie has played exceptionally well for the Women’s Rugby team this season and is the team’s strongest tackler. She helped lead the team to the semifinal at the Voye Memorial Rugby Tournament last weekend.
- MRHS Juice Box Male Athlete of the Week: Tanner Crant. Tanner has been one of the Men’s Rugby team’s most consistent players in his rookie season. He is fearless in the tackle, often taking down players twice his size in his position at fullback.
- Track and Field practice dates: May 24, 31, and June 2. Regional East Meet is on May 26 at UPEI. PEISAA Provincial Championships are on June 3 and 4 at UPEI.
- Students and staff are reminded that the last day to borrow Library books will be Wednesday, June 1. All materials will be due on Wednesday, June 8.
- Mindful Mondays: helping teens de-stress. Meeting on Mondays in the Library Conference room from 12:00 to 12:30pm.
- Friday Song Requests can be submitted to Ms. Nabuurs or Haley MacLeod.
- Breakfast Club is up and running, and is open for all students.
- The Fitness Centre is open for students Monday to Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 pm.
- Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Christie Beck.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee each year. Payment should be made to the office.
Public Service Announcements:
- Women’s Realistic Self Defense Workshop being offered at Atlantic Fitness East on June 11 from 10:00am to 2:00pm. The workshop is for those aged 12+ and there has been a wide range of women at these workshops aged from 12 – 65! Cost is $60/person, with an early bird price of $45 if pre-paid before June 3. (This price holds as a student rate.) Email email@example.com to reserve your space.
- Montague is having “Montague’s Got Talent” as part of the Summer Days Activities. Entry forms with more detailed information are available from the main school office.
- Camp Keir’s 2016 Summer Camp Schedule is now available, starting with the Leader in Training Program which runs from July 3 to 15. Posters are up in the main hallway and brochures available in the main office.