It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy Birthday to Ridge Saunders.
Welcome to the following guest staff: Helena Jamieson for Kelly Matheson, Chelsey MacDonald for Maureen MacDonald, Dean Lackie for Ronnie Munn, Adam Clow for Matt Kelly, Colin Clarke for Matthew Killeen, Andrea Crane for Gail Greene, Amy McCarron for Jennifer Murphy
- This Saturday, the MRHS Envirothon team will be selling tickets on the $100 lottery tree and selling hotdogs at Kent Building Supplies in Montague from 10-2pm. Please stop by and show the girls your support!
- MRHS Awards Banquet is on May 31 at 6 pm. Athletics, Music Department, Student Council, and Yearbook awards will be presented.
Student Services Information:
- Applications for Grade 12 Awards are due to Student Services no later than June 3. See Ms. Toombs or Ms. Victor if you have any questions.
- Ball Hockey Intramurals: The Dirty Dancers are playing Prestige Worldwide today.
- MRHS Juice Box Female Athlete of the Week: Bailie Campbell. Bailie has played exceptionally well for the Women’s Rugby team this season and is the team’s strongest tackler. She helped lead the team to the semifinal at the Voye Memorial Rugby Tournament last weekend.
- MRHS Juice Box Male Athlete of the Week: Tanner Crant. Tanner has been one of the Men’s Rugby team’s most consistent players in his rookie season. He is fearless in the tackle, often taking down players twice his size in his position at fullback.
- Track and Field practice dates: May 19, 24, 31, and June 2. Regional East Meet is on May 26 at UPEI. PEISAA Provincial Championships are on June 3 and 4 at UPEI.
- Any students interested in working in the Library before and after school and at lunch next year, please stop by and give your name to Mrs. Killeen. This is a great opportunity to accumulate bursary hours for post- secondary!!
- Students and staff are reminded that the last day to borrow Library books will be Wednesday, June 1. All materials will be due on Wednesday, June 8.
- Mindful Mondays: helping teens de-stress. Meeting on Mondays in the Library Conference room from 12:00 to 12:30pm.
- Friday Song Requests can be submitted to Ms. Nabuurs or Haley MacLeod.
- Breakfast Club is up and running, and is open for all students.
- The Fitness Centre is open for students Monday to Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 pm.
- Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Christie Beck.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee each year. Payment should be made to the office.
Public Service Announcements:
- Women’s Realistic Self Defense Workshop being offered at Atlantic Fitness East on June 11 from 10:00am to 2:00pm. The workshop is for those aged 12+ and there has been a wide range of women at these workshops aged from 12 – 65! Cost is $60/person, with an early bird price of $45 if pre-paid before June 3. (This price holds as a student rate.) Email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your space.
- Montague is having “Montague’s Got Talent” as part of the Summer Days Activities. Entry forms with more detailed information are available from the main school office.
- Camp Keir’s 2016 Summer Camp Schedule is now available, starting with the Leader in Training Program which runs from July 3 to 15. Posters are up in the main hallway and brochures available in the main office.