It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to Sami-Dee Chiasson and Chloe Jardine.
Welcome to the following guest staff: Harold Brothers for Peter Connaughton, Kirk White (am) and Michael Brothers (pm) for Natasha Nabuurs, Dean Lackie for Ronnie Munn, Adam Clow for Matt Kelly, Colin Clarke for Isis Fluegge (am) and Jillian Power (pm), Chelsey MacDonald for Sandra Hicken, Amy McCarron for Kristina McLane, Nicole Butler for Glenda McInnis, Andrea Crane for Pauline Kelly (am).
- Social Justice and Diversity Club will meet today in Room 201 at lunch.
- Prom Decorating Committee meeting today at 12:00 in Room 85.
- PEI Student Loan Presentation for Grade 12 students will be in the Library Conference Room at 11:45.
- MRHS Awards Banquet is on May 31 at 6 pm. Athletics, Music Department, Student Council, and Yearbook awards will be presented.
Student Services Information:
- Applications for Grade 12 Awards are due to Student Services no later than June 3. See Ms. Toombs or Ms. Victor if you have any questions.
- The Men’s Rugby team will depart for their game at 2:55pm from the Wellness Centre.
- Today’s Home Game: Women’s Softball team plays Colonel Gray at 5 pm. Come out and cheer them on!
- MRHS Juice Box Female Athlete of the Week: Bailie Campbell. Bailie has played exceptionally well for the Women’s Rugby team this season and is the team’s strongest tackler. She helped lead the team to the semifinal at the Voye Memorial Rugby Tournament last weekend.
- MRHS Juice Box Male Athlete of the Week: Tanner Crant. Tanner has been one of the Men’s Rugby team’s most consistent players in his rookie season. He is fearless in the tackle, often taking down players twice his size in his position at fullback.
- Track and Field practice dates: May 19, 24, 31, and June 2. Regional East Meet is on May 26 at UPEI. PEISAA Provincial Championships are on June 3 and 4 at UPEI.
- Any students interested in working in the Library before and after school and at lunch next year, please stop by and give your name to Mrs. Killeen. This is a great opportunity to accumulate bursary hours for post- secondary!!
- Students and staff are reminded that the last day to borrow Library books will be Wednesday, June 1. All materials will be due on Wednesday, June 8.
- Killeen’s A-Block Study Block students need to pick up Grade 12 Student Information sheets ASAP. These are in the study block room 106 with your name on them.
- Mindful Mondays: helping teens de-stress. Meeting on Mondays in the Library Conference room from 12:00 to 12:30pm.
- Friday Song Requests can be submitted to Ms. Nabuurs or Haley MacLeod.
- Breakfast Club is up and running, and is open for all students.
- The Fitness Centre is open for students Monday to Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 pm.
- Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Christie Beck.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee each year. Payment should be made to the office.
Public Service Announcements:
- Women’s Realistic Self Defense Workshop being offered at Atlantic Fitness East on June 11 from 10:00am to 2:00pm. The workshop is for those aged 12+ and there has been a wide range of women at these workshops aged from 12 – 65! Cost is $60/person, with an early bird price of $45 if pre-paid before June 3. (This price holds as a student rate.) Email email@example.com to reserve your space.
- Montague is having “Montague’s Got Talent” as part of the Summer Days Activities. Entry forms with more detailed information are available from the main school office.
- Camp Keir’s 2016 Summer Camp Schedule is now available, starting with the Leader in Training Program which runs from July 3 to 15. Posters are up in the main hallway and brochures available in the main office.