It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to Nate VanIderstine! Belated greetings to Amanda Gormley who celebrated her birthday over the weekend.
Welcome to the following guest staff: Nicole Butler for Chantelle Beaton, Adam Clow for Matt Kelly, Dean Lackie for Ronnie Munn (pm), Chelsey MacDonald for Sandra Hicken, Colin Clarke for Jillian Power, Andrea Crane for Gail Johnston.
- Mindful Mondays is cancelled this Monday.
- Prom: There will be a meeting for the Prom Fund Raising Committee in Learning Centre A at 12:00.
- DELF exam is over and the Library is back up and running. Be sure to stop by and get a new book. It’s that time of year again- those doing research papers should see Mrs. Killeen with help getting materials on their topic!
- Looking for a Prom dress? The “Nearly New” shop in Montague has recently received a large donation of new gowns from a bridal shop that went out of business in Charlottetown. These dresses are being sold at very reasonable prices, so this would be a great opportunity for a good deal on your prom dress this year!
- Any students interested in working in the Library before and after school and at lunch next year, please stop by and give your name to Mrs. Killeen. This is a great opportunity to accumulate bursary hours for post- secondary!!
- Students and staff are reminded that the last day to borrow Library books will be Wednesday, June 1. All materials will be due on Wednesday, June 8.
- Killeen’s A-Block Study Block students need to pick up Grade 12 Student Information sheets ASAP. These are in the study block room 106 with your name on them.
- Wednesday: Social Justice and Diversity Club will meet in Room 201 at lunch.
- MRHS Awards Banquet is on May 31 at 6 pm. Athletics, Music Department, Student Council, and Yearbook awards will be presented.
Student Services Information:
- Applications for Grade 12 Awards are due to Student Services no later than June 3. See Ms. Toombs or Ms. Victor if you have any questions.
- Tricia Martell will be here this Wednesday to present to Grade 12 students about the PEI Student Loan program that is offered through the government. The presentation will be in the Library Conference Room at 11:45.
- Congratulations to the Women’s Rugby team on advancing to the semifinal at the Voye tournament on the weekend. The Women tied Halifax West 5-5 and defeated Hants East 14-0 in round robin play before losing to a strong TOSH team in the semi.
- Today’s Home Game: Women’s Softball team plays Morell at 4:30 pm. Come out and cheer them on!
- Ball Hockey Intramurals Schedule: Crossover Game 1 (1st vs 4th) on Tuesday and Crossover Game 2 (2nd vs 3rd) on Thursday.
MRHS Track and Field:
- Another tryout on May17. Athletes are reminded that they must attend a MINIMUM of 4 of the 5 tryouts to be considered for the team. Rugby and Softball athletes are expected to attend track and field practice before joining their rugby/softball practice. Athletes must compete in at least one event other than relays.
- MRHS can send 4 competitors per event, and 2 relay teams per event.
- Team practice dates: May 19, 24, 31, June 2
- Regional East Meet: May 26 at UPEI. Top 8 competitors per event and top 4 relay teams from Regional East Meet qualify for PEISAA Provincial Championships on June 3 & 4 at UPEI.
- Mindful Mondays: helping teens de-stress. Meeting on Mondays in the Library Conference room from 12:00 to 12:30pm.
- Friday Song Requests can be submitted to Ms. Nabuurs or Haley MacLeod.
- Breakfast Club is up and running, and is open for all students.
- The Fitness Centre is open for students Monday to Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 pm.
- Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Christie Beck.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee each year. Payment should be made to the office.
Public Service Announcements:
- Women’s Realistic Self Defense Workshop being offered at Atlantic Fitness East on June 11 from 10:00am to 2:00pm. The workshop is for those aged 12+ and there has been a wide range of women at these workshops aged from 12 – 65! Cost is $60/person, with an early bird price of $45 if pre-paid before June 3. (This price holds as a student rate.) Email email@example.com to reserve your space.
- Montague is having “Montague’s Got Talent” as part of the Summer Days Activities. Entry forms with more detailed information are available from the main school office.
- Camp Keir’s 2016 Summer Camp Schedule is now available, starting with the Leader in Training Program which runs from July 3 to 15. Posters are up in the main hallway and brochures available in the main office.