It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy Birthday to Caleigh Brousseau, Carley MacLean, and Ms. Jennifer Victor.
Welcome to the following guest staff: Adam Clow for Sandra Hicken, Dean Lackie for Jillian Power/Natasha Nabuurs, Ralph Jamieson for Lianne Garland, Nicole Butler for Chantelle Beaton, Michael MacAdam for Ronnie Munn, Amy McCarron for Trisha Burrows, Patricia Hewitt for Timothy Lea, Helena Jamieson for Kelly Matheson.
Changes in Library: The School Library will be open this morning from 8:15 to 8:45am, then CLOSED all day due to DELF exams being written. Study Block students may use Room 201. If students require the use of a computer to print during lunch, go to Learning Centre Room 95. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Hockey Pool Update: After rounds of the playoffs, Mrs. Killeen’s brother is in the lead. Mr. Killeen is third and Earl is currently in fourth. Ms. Evans-Renaud, thanks to Joel Ward, made an amazing jump from 65th to 57th. The Envirothon Team would like to thank Ms. McLane for her ten dollar donation as she sits in a disappointing 135th!
- Today, you can guess the number of gummy bears in a jar! The person with the closest guess gets the jar of gummies. Guesses are 25 cents each or 3 guesses for 50 cents. Proceeds will go towards our twin school in Kenya. See Patricia Crant, Daniel Whalen or Tristan Ohl to make guesses.
- There will be auditions today for the parts of the two MC’s for the vocal spring concert (non-choir members) and for the competitor individual parts (choir members). Students should come prepared with a ten line memorized monologue to the music room at lunch time.
- Choir members are reminded that you are to meet here at the school at 7:30 Monday morning.
- Breakfast for Lunch is being served today by the Culinary Class. Visit Room 136 to pick up your meal.
- Freezie sales today will be going to the PROM committee to help cover some of costs of decorations. Freezies are being sold in Learning Centre A for $1. Please make sure all wrappers go in the garbage; thank you!
- The listing of successful applicants for CSLC 2016 is posted outside Ms. Beaton’s door.
- Interested in trying yoga to relax at lunch? Come to classroom 211 today at lunch, 11:55am-12:15pm. Please wear comfortable clothing; and if you have a yoga mat, bring it along. Otherwise, mats will be provided.
- Triathlon team will have a full practice on Saturday, May 14, with a swim, bike and run. Team will meet at the pool at 7:50am to set up your bike. Swim starts at 8am.
- MRHS Awards Banquet is on May 31 at 6 pm. Athletics, Music Department, Student Council, and Yearbook awards will be presented. Tickets are on sale ($5 for students, $10 for parents) this week only, until Thursday, at noon in the ticket booth. All students, staff, and parents are invited to attend. Athletes have already paid for their tickets in their athletic fee, but must still sign up at the ticket booth to attend.
Student Services Information:
- Tricia Martell will be here on May 18 to present to Grade 12 students about the PEI Student Loan program that is offered through the government. The presentation will be in the Library Conference Room at 11:45.
- Women’s Rugby team will depart for the Voye Tournament at TOSH at 10:30 am today.
- Women’s Softball team will depart for Charlottetown Rural at 3:50 pm today.
- Ball Hockey Intramurals Schedule: Crossover Game 1 (1st vs 4th) on Tuesday and Crossover Game 2 (2nd vs 3rd) on Thursday.
- Softball and Track and Field forms and fees are being collected in the PE office every day at lunch time. These must be handed in before the first competition. Softball players will receive your uniform when both items have been handed in. Outstanding Rugby fees are still being collected as well.
MRHS Track and Field:
- More tryout dates: May17.
- Athletes must attend a MINIMUM of 4 of the 5 tryouts to be considered for the team. Rugby and Softball athletes are expected to attend track and field practice before joining their rugby/softball practice. Athletes must compete in at least one event other than relays.
- MRHS can send 4 competitors per event, and 2 relay teams per event.
- Team practice dates: May 19, 24, 31, June 2
- Regional East Meet: May 26 at UPEI. Top 8 competitors per event and top 4 relay teams from Regional East Meet qualify for PEISAA Provincial Championships on June 3 & 4 at UPEI.
- Mindful Mondays: helping teens de-stress. Meeting on Mondays in the Library Conference room from 12:00 to 12:30pm.
- Friday Song Requests can be submitted to Ms. Nabuurs or Haley MacLeod.
- Breakfast Club is up and running, and is open for all students.
- The Fitness Centre is open for students Monday to Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 pm.
- Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Christie Beck.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee each year. Payment should be made to the office.
Public Service Announcements:
- Women’s Realistic Self Defense Workshop being offered at Atlantic Fitness East on June 11 from 10:00am to 2:00pm. The workshop is for those aged 12+ and there has been a wide range of women at these workshops aged from 12 – 65! Cost is $60/person, with an early bird price of $45 if pre-paid before June 3. (This price holds as a student rate.) Email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your space.
- Montague is having “Montague’s Got Talent” as part of the Summer Days Activities. Entry forms with more detailed information are available from the main school office.