It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy Birthday to Shana Williams.
Welcome to the following guest staff: Nicole Butler for Trisha Burrows, Andrea Crane for Gail Johnston.
- Agriscience 801 students are reminded that the make-up lab from Monday is today at 12:00 noon.
- All Breakfast Club volunteers must meet in Ms. Anderson’s office at 11:45 today.
- There will be a Prom meeting today at 11:45 in Room 87 for the Decorating and Fundraising Committees.
- Social Justice and Diversity Club meeting at lunch in the Library Conference room.
- Wanna pie a student in the face? Go talk to Daniel Whalen, Patricia Crant, or Tristan Ohl. Teachers are welcome to nominate students. Deadline is May 11, 2016.
Student Services Information:
- Applications are now available for the PEI Mutual Scholarship. Please see Ms. Toombs or Ms. Victor. Deadline is May 9.
- Hockey PEI Scholastic Award and the Jim Stirling Scholarship submissions are due May 13, 2016. Each are valued at $1000, more information available at Student Services.
- Tricia Martell will be here on May 18 to present to Grade 12 students about the PEI Student Loan program that is offered through the government. The presentation will be in the Library Conference Room at 11:45.
- Game day lunch for the Women’s Rugby team in Mr. Munn’s room.
- The Women’s Rugby team bus will depart for Charlottetown Rural at 4 pm. Game time is 6 pm.
- Women’s Softball practice today after school.
- Triathletes are reminded that there will be a cycling workshop this Saturday at 10:00 am with Andrew Van Weichen. He will review key seat and handlebar positions that will maximize your cycling performance. If it is decent weather, we will also go for a ride. Please confirm your attendance with Mr. MacDonald or Ms. Evans-Renaud. Don’t forget to go to Mr. MacDonald’s room on Thursday for lunch where you will receive your weekly triathlon tip to enhance your training! You may even get a healthy snack!
- All Badminton players are asked to please return your eyewear to the PE office.
- MRHS Juice Box Female Athletes of the Week: Grace Gormley and Kelly Clements. Grace advanced the the PEISAA Provincial Badminton Championships in Juvenile Singles and Doubles and Kelly advanced in doubles.
- MRHS Juice Box Male Athletes of the Week: Mark Morrison and Jonah Wilton. Jonah advanced to the PEISAA Provincial Badminton Championships in Singles and Doubles, and the pair took home the Silver medal in Senior Men’s doubles.
- Ball Hockey Intramural Schedule for Thursday: KCK Girls vs Allstars on Thursday.
MRHS Track and Field:
- Tryout dates: May 3, 5, 10, 12, 17
- Athletes must attend a MINIMUM of 4 of the 5 tryouts to be considered for the team. Rugby and Softball athletes are expected to attend track and field practice before joining their rugby/softball practice. Athletes must compete in at least one event other than relays.
- MRHS can send 4 competitors per event, and 2 relay teams per event.
- Team practice dates: May 19, 24, 31, June 2
- Regional East Meet: May 26 at UPEI. Top 8 competitors per event and top 4 relay teams from Regional East Meet qualify for PEISAA Provincial Championships on June 3 & 4 at UPEI.
- STRIVE meeting Thursday at lunch in the Library Conference room.
- The Hospitality and Tourism class is having a bake sale on Thursday, May 5, to help offset cost of their tip to tip tour. Please come out and buy some treats.
- Culinary’s next meal on May 5 is a “Summer Picnic” which includes a garden salad made with fresh greens, tomatoes, cucumber, onions, radishes, celery and carrots with a home-made dressing, potato salad made with dill and eggs, oven baked ribs, slow cooked in a brown sugar sauce, served with dinner rolls. For dessert, Nanaimo bars and a strawberry lemonade to quench your thirst. Book your meal today!
- Triathlon: Swimming training is at 7:00am at AFC on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. Monday, Wednesday and Friday morning training will be in the Fitness Centre at MRHS. An athletic fee of $20 must be paid to Ms. Evans-Renaud or Mr. MacDonald to help defray the cost of the pool and registration. Team meeting every Thursday at 12:00 noon in Room 141.
- Mindful Mondays: helping teens de-stress. Meeting on Mondays in the Library Conference room from 12:00 to 12:30pm.
- Grads, Viking Pin applications are due May 9!
- Friday Song Requests can be submitted to Ms. Nabuurs or Haley MacLeod.
- Breakfast Club is up and running, and is open for all students.
- The Fitness Centre is open for students Monday to Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 pm.
- Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Christie Beck.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee each year. Payment should be made to the office.
U-18 Field Hockey Update:
- First tryout is scheduled for Cornwall Turf on Wednesday, May 4, from 5:00 to 6:00pm.
- Tentative schedule: Sundays 5:30 to 7:00pm at Cornwall Turf (few Saturdays same time), most Wednesdays 5:30 to 7:00pm at UPEI 3rd Fitness program on Wednesdays.
- Registration fee is $300 plus $25 membership fee for FHC (insurance) and PEIFHA. If you attended January to March sessions, $20 of the $25 is paid. Both must be paid by May 11 or you cannot practice.
- Please check peifha.wix.com website for practice schedules, cancellation notices, and other information.