It’s a “C-D” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff: Michael Brothers for Donna White (pm), Nicole Butler for Chantelle Beaton, Morgan Hennessey for Isis Fluegge (am), Colin Clarke for Philip MacDonald, Garrett Toole for Michael Stewart.
- Looking for a Prom dress? The “Nearly New” in Montague just received a number of gowns that are in great, even never-worn, condition. Any gals who are budget-conscious about shopping for a prom dress should check out the selection at this location.
- Do you need/want a tiara to finish off your Prom ensemble? We have two in the office for sale. $10 each.
- All Model UN participants should see Mr. Lea some time today.
- Wanna pie a student in the face? Go talk to Daniel Whalen, Patricia Crant, or Tristan Ohl. Teachers are welcome to nominate students. Deadline is May 11, 2016.
- Lost and Found: An ear-ring has been found (large crystal stud). Please check at the office to claim it.
Student Services Information:
- Applications are now available for the PEI Mutual Scholarship. Please see Ms. Toombs or Ms. Victor. Deadline is May 9.
- Hockey PEI Scholastic Award and the Jim Stirling Scholarship submissions are due May 13, 2016. Each are valued at $1000, more information available at Student Services.
- Tricia Martell will be here on May 18 to present to Grade 12 students about the PEI Student Loan program that is offered through the government. The presentation will be in the Library Conference Room at 11:45.
- Ball Hockey Today: Dirty Dancers play Cardigan Flyers.
- No Softball today, but there will be practice tomorrow after school.
- Track and Field practice is today from 3:15 to 4:00pm.
- Congratulations to the U18 Men’s Spring League Volleyball team, who achieved a Silver medal at the Tier 2 Championships this past week. The final game was a tight one against Summerside, ending with a score of 26-24. Team members were Ross Power, team captain, David Thompson, Mark Morrison, Liam Hatton, Kurtis Paula and Darian Rice. Coach was MRHS alumni, Patrick Walsh.
- All Badminton players are asked to please return your eyewear to the PE office.
- MRHS Juice Box Female Athletes of the Week: Grace Gormley and Kelly Clements. Grace advanced the the PEISAA Provincial Badminton Championships in Juvenile Singles and Doubles and Kelly advanced in doubles.
- MRHS Juice Box Male Athletes of the Week: Mark Morrison and Jonah Wilton. Jonah advanced to the PEISAA Provincial Badminton Championships in Singles and Doubles, and the pair took home the Silver medal in Senior Men’s doubles.
- Ball Hockey Intramural Schedule for Thursday: KCK Girls vs Allstars on Thursday.
- There will be a Prom meeting this Wednesday at 11:45 in Room 87 for the Decorating Committee and the Fundraising Committee.
- The Hospitality and Tourism class is having a bake sale on Thursday, May 5, to help offset cost of their tip to tip tour. Please come out and buy some treats.
- Culinary’s next meal on May 5 is a “Summer Picnic” which includes a garden salad made with fresh greens, tomatoes, cucumber, onions, radishes, celery and carrots with a home-made dressing, potato salad made with dill and eggs, oven baked ribs, slow cooked in a brown sugar sauce, served with dinner rolls. For dessert, Nanaimo bars and a strawberry lemonade to quench your thirst. Book your meal today!
- Triathlon: Swimming training is at 7:00am at AFC on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. Monday, Wednesday and Friday morning training will be in the Fitness Centre at MRHS. An athletic fee of $20 must be paid to Ms. Evans-Renaud or Mr. MacDonald to help defray the cost of the pool and registration. Team meeting every Thursday at 12:00 noon in Room 141.
- Mindful Mondays: helping teens de-stress. Come and see Ms. Victor and Ms. Toombs in the Library Conference room to learn about how to put some strategies in place to deal with stress. Meeting on Mondays in the Library Conference room from 12:00 to 12:30pm.
- Grads, please get started on your Viking Pin applications! They are May 9! Obtaining signatures can be time consuming. Pick up a copy in the library!
- Friday Song Requests can be submitted to Ms. Nabuurs or Haley MacLeod.
- Breakfast Club is up and running, and is open for all students.
- The Fitness Centre is open for students Monday to Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 pm.
- Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Christie Beck.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee each year. Payment should be made to the office.
U-18 Field Hockey Update:
- First tryout is schedule for Cornwall Turf on Wednesday, May 4, from 5:00 to 6:00pm.
- Tentative schedule: Sundays 5:30 to 7:00pm at Cornwall Turf (few Saturdays same time), most Wednesdays 5:30 to 7:00pm at UPEI 3rd Fitness program on Wednesdays.
- Registration fee is $300 plus $25 membership fee for FHC (insurance) and PEIFHA. If you attended January to March sessions, $20 of the $25 is paid. Both must be paid by May 11 or you cannot practice.
- Please check peifha.wix.com website for practice schedules, cancellation notices, and other information.