It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy Belated Birthday to the following students who celebrated their special day over this past weekend: Becca Cann, Darius Gardiner, Tyson Sheppard, Noah Williams, Morganne Rice and Sumire Maekawa.
Welcome to the following guest staff: Nicole Butler for Chantelle Beaton, Garrett Toole for Karen Malone, Marla McCarron for Gail Greene (pm), Wanda Cheverie for Toby Murphy, Adam Clow for Angela Killeen, Colin Clarke for Matthew Killeen, Kirk White for Mike Stewart (am), Haley Batchilder for Jillian Power, Robin Dickieson for Kirsten Walker, Mike Brothers for Donna White (pm), Andrea Crane for Gail Johnston (pm), Jenny McCarron for Pauline Kelly, Bridget DeCourcey for Earl Campbell.
- Graduating students: Just one week left to get your Viking Pin applications in!
- Homeroom Teachers: Overdue Library slips are in mailboxes. Please post in your classrooms and advise students to please return or renew items at lunch or breaks.
- Model UN: There will be a quick meeting today at the beginning of lunch in Room 211.
- Mindful Mondays is cancelled for today!
- Lost and Found: An ear-ring has been found (large crystal stud). Please check at the office to claim it.
Student Services Information:
- Applications are now available for the PEI Mutual Scholarship. Please see Ms. Toombs or Ms. Victor. Deadline is May 9.
- Hockey PEI Scholastic Award and the Jim Stirling Scholarship submissions are due May 13, 2016. Each are valued at $1000, more information available at Student Services.
- Tricia Martell will be here on May 18 to present to Grade 12 students about the PEI Student Loan program that is offered through the government. The presentation will be in the Library Conference Room at 11:45.
- Ball Hockey Intramural Schedule: Dirty Dancers vs Cardigan Flyers on Tuesday, KCK Girls vs Allstars on Thursday.
- All Badminton players are asked to please return your eyewear to the PE office.
- It’s “Game Day”. Women’s Rugby will have lunch in Mr. Munn’s room (#210). Rugby teams will depart for TOSH at 3 pm today.
- Track and Field practice is today from 3:15 to 4:00pm.
- All Rugby forms and fees must be handed in to the PE office at noon today in order to play in today’s games. Athletes who do not have their fee must see Ms. Nabuurs in the PE office at noon.
- Congratulations to Jonah Wilton and Mark Morrison who took home the Silver medal in Senior Men’s doubles and Kirsten Whiteway and Colton Morris who took home the Bronze medal in Senior Mixed doubles at the PEISAA Provincial Championships on Saturday. Also congratulations to Bethany MacKenzie and Jake Banks who finished fourth at the Championships.
- MRHS Juice Box Female Athletes of the Week: Grace Gormley and Kelly Clements. Grace advanced the the PEISAA Provincial Badminton Championships in Juvenile Singles and Doubles and Kelly advanced in doubles.
- MRHS Juice Box Male Athletes of the Week: Mark Morrison and Jonah Wilton. Jonah advanced to the PEISAA Provincial Badminton Championships in Singles and Doubles, and the pair took home the Silver medal in Senior Men’s doubles.
- Culinary’s next meal on May 5 is a “Summer Picnic” which includes a garden salad made with fresh greens, tomatoes, cucumber, onions, radishes, celery and carrots with a home-made dressing, potato salad made with dill and eggs, oven baked ribs, slow cooked in a brown sugar sauce, served with dinner rolls. For dessert, Nanaimo bars and a strawberry lemonade to quench your thirst.
- Triathlon: Swimming training is at 7:00am at AFC on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. Monday, Wednesday and Friday morning training will be in the Fitness Centre at MRHS. An athletic fee of $20 must be paid to Ms. Evans-Renaud or Mr. MacDonald to help defray the cost of the pool and registration. Team meeting every Thursday at 12:00 noon in Room 141.
- Mindful Mondays: helping teens de-stress. Come and see Ms. Victor and Ms. Toombs in the Library Conference room to learn about how to put some strategies in place to deal with stress. Meeting on Mondays in the Library Conference room from 12:00 to 12:30pm.
- Grads, please get started on your Viking Pin applications! They are May 9! Obtaining signatures can be time consuming. Pick up a copy in the library!
- Friday Song Requests can be submitted to Ms. Nabuurs or Haley MacLeod.
- Breakfast Club is up and running, and is open for all students.
- The Fitness Centre is open for students Monday to Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 pm.
- Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Christie Beck.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee each year. Payment should be made to the office.