It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy Birthday to Dyllin Bernard and Pasha Jorden.
Welcome to the following guest staff: Garrett Toole for Karen Malone, Dean Lackie for Seana Evans-Renaud, Nicole Butler for Chantelle Beaton, Caleigh Oehlke for Lianne Garland, Marla McCarron for Pauline Kelly.
- There is a mandatory SEVEC meeting today in Mr. Kelly’s room (226) at 12pm sharp.
- Making Waves conference participants are meeting today at lunch in Student Services.
- Social Justice and Diversity Club is meeting in the Library Conference room at lunch.
- There will a Prom meeting today in Room 87 at 11:45 for the Decorating, Ticket, and Food Committees.
Student Services Information:
- Applications are now available for the PEI Mutual Scholarship. Please see Ms. Toombs or Ms. Victor. Deadline is May 9.
- Hockey PEI Scholastic Award and the Jim Stirling Scholarship submissions are due May 13, 2016. Each are valued at $1000, more information available at Student Services.
- Tricia Martell will be here on May 18 to present to Grade 12 students about the PEI Student Loan program that is offered through the government. The presentation will be in the Library Conference Room at 11:45.
- Today is the last day to sign up for Track and Field! Sign up sheet is posted in the PE hallway.
- All Rugby Players – Monday is game day! All forms and fees are due before you can play in a game. Forms and fees are collected in the PE office at lunch time. Fee is $35 if this is your first sport, $30 if you’ve already paid an athletic fee this year.
- Badminton practice after school Wednesday and Thursday this week.
- Women’s Rugby practice this week runs Wednesday and Thursday from 3:30 to 5:00pm.
- MRHS Juice Box Co-Athletes of the Week: Kirsten Whiteway and Colton Morris, Bethany MacKenzie and Jake banks, each qualified for the PEISAA Provincial Badminton Championships as first and second seeds respectively.
- MRHS Juice Box Athlete of the Week: Isaac Arbuckle. Isaac was never caught out of position, did not miss a tackle, and ran aggressively with the ball at the Rothesay RugbyFest tournament this past weekend. Isaac was the team’s MVP for the tournament.
- Badminton players who did not advance to provincials must return their eye wear to the PE office this week.
- Ball Hockey Intramurals: JASONS v Prestige Worldwide on Thursday.
- Track and Field first practice is on Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00pm. Track Athletes who also play Rugby or Softball are expected to attend track practice before going to their rugby or softball practice.
- Triathlon: If you are training with Ms. Evans-Renaud and Mr. MacDonald, swimming will be at 7:00am at the AFC on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings will be in the Fitness Centre at MRHS. An athletic fee of $20 must be paid to Ms. Evans-Renaud or Mr. MacDonald to help defray the cost of the pool and registration. Team meeting every Thursday at 12:00 noon in Room 141.
- Mindful Mondays: helping teens de-stress. Come and see Ms. Victor and Ms. Toombs in the Library Conference room to learn about how to put some strategies in place to deal with stress. Meeting on Mondays in the Library Conference room from 12:00 to 12:30pm.
- Grads, please get started on your Viking Pin applications! They are May 9! Obtaining signatures can be time consuming. Pick up a copy in the library!
- Friday Song Requests can be submitted to Ms. Nabuurs or Haley MacLeod.
- Breakfast Club is up and running, and is open for all students.
- The Fitness Centre is open for students Monday to Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 pm.
- Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Christie Beck.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee each year. Payment should be made to the office.