It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to Kyle Benoit.
Welcome to the following guest staff: Nicole Butler for Seana Evans-Renaud, Adam Clow for Kelly Pike, Daniel Tieman for Jennifer Victor, Caleigh Oehlke for Lianne Garland, Wanda Cheverie for Toby Murphy.
- Making Waves conference participants meeting that was scheduled for today has been changed to Wednesday, same time, same place.
- Matthew Beck, please go to the Library and see Mrs. Killeen.
- All Valedictorian candidates are asked to meet in Room 119 at 12:10pm today.
Student Services Information:
- Encounters with Canada application forms are due in Student Services. If you’d like to experience a week in Ottawa with students across Canada, apply for this great opportunity. Visit ewc-rdc.ca for more information.
- Applications are now available for the PEI Mutual Scholarship. Please see Ms. Toombs or Ms. Victor. Deadline is May 9.
- Hockey PEI Scholastic Award and the Jim Stirling Scholarship. Each scholarship is valued at $1000. Deadline for submission is Friday, May 13, 2016. Applications can also be found on their website at: http://hockeypei.com or at Student Services.
- Tricia Martell will be here in Wednesday, May 18, to present to Grade 12 students about the PEI Student Loan program that is offered through the government. The presentation will take place in the Library Conference room at 11:45.
- Ball Hockey Today: KCK Girls plays Allstars.
- Badminton practice after school Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday this week.
- Women’s Rugby practice this week runs Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 3:30 to 5:00pm.
- MRHS Juice Box Co-Athletes of the Week: Kirsten Whiteway and Colton Morris, Bethany MacKenzie and Jake banks, each qualified for the PEISAA Provincial Badminton Championships as first and second seeds respectively.
- MRHS Juice Box Athlete of the Week: Isaac Arbuckle. Isaac was never caught out of position, did not miss a tackle, and ran aggressively with the ball at the Rothesay RugbyFest tournament this past weekend. Isaac was the team’s MVP for the tournament.
- Badminton players who did not advance to provincials must return their eye wear to the PE office this week.
- Ball Hockey Intramurals: JASONS v Prestige Worldwide on Thursday.
- Track and field sign- up sheets are posted in the PE area. Wednesday, April 27, is the last day to sign up. The first practice is on Thursday 3:15-4 pm. Track Athletes who play Rugby or Softball as well are expected to attend track practice before going to their rugby or softball practice.
- There will a Prom meeting on Wednesday in Room 87 at 11:45 for the Decorating Committee, Ticket Committee and the Food Committee.
- Triathlon: If you are training with Ms. Evans-Renaud and Mr. MacDonald, swimming will be at 7:00am at the AFC on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings will be in the Fitness Centre at MRHS. An athletic fee of $20 must be paid to Ms. Evans-Renaud or Mr. MacDonald to help defray the cost of the pool and registration. Team meeting every Thursday at 12:00 noon in Room 141.
- Mindful Mondays: helping teens de-stress. Come and see Ms. Victor and Ms. Toombs in the Library Conference room to learn about how to put some strategies in place to deal with stress. Meeting on Mondays in the Library Conference room from 12:00 to 12:30pm.
- Grads, please get started on your Viking Pin applications! They are May 9! Obtaining signatures can be time consuming. Pick up a copy in the library!
- Friday Song Requests can be submitted to Ms. Nabuurs or Haley MacLeod.
- Breakfast Club is up and running, and is open for all students.
- The Fitness Centre is open for students Monday to Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 pm.
- Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Christie Beck.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee each year. Payment should be made to the office.