It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy Birthday to Koltan Compton and Carmen Ohlandt! Belated greetings to Jake Banks and Donavan Bears who celebrated on the weekend!
Welcome to the following guest staff: Nicole Butler for Seana Evans-Renaud, Mark Gregory for Jennifer Murphy, Marla McCarron for Lynn Hayes.
- Mindful Monday: Today’s activity is games – come de-stress with games in the Library Conference room at lunch.
- Grade 12 students can claim your baby pictures from the Yearbook office during morning breaks.
- Envirothon Hockey Pool Update. Top 5 teams after games played on April 21: 1- DukeofEarl, 2- HalfSlappers, 3- Nolan Hicken, 4- Joe Brothers, 5- Jeff Villard. You can stay updated by going to the website http://www.officepools.com/nhl/classic/auth/login Guest username: MRHSEnvirothonPool, Password: Vikings
Student Services Information:
- Encounters with Canada application forms are due in Student Services. If you’d like to experience a week in Ottawa with students across Canada, apply for this great opportunity. Visit ewc-rdc.ca for more information.
- Making Waves conference participants meeting Tuesday at lunch in Student Services.
- Applications are now available for the PEI Mutual Scholarship. Please see Ms. Toombs or Ms. Victor. Deadline is May 9.
- Hockey PEI Scholastic Award and the Jim Stirling Scholarship. Each scholarship is valued at $1000. Deadline for submission is Friday, May 13, 2016. Applications can also be found on their website at: http://hockeypei.com or at Student Services.
- Tricia Martell will be here in Wednesday, May 18, to present to Grade 12 students about the PEI Student Loan program that is offered through the government. The presentation will take place in the Library Conference room at 11:45.
- Women’s Softball Practice is today at 3:20. This will be the final tryout before cuts so you should make every effort to attend.
- Badminton practice after school Monday to Thursday this week.
- Women’s Rugby practice this week runs Monday to Thursday from 3:30 to 5:00pm.
- MRHS Juice Box Athletes of the Week: Kirsten Whiteway and Colton Morris, Bethany MacKenzie and Jake banks, qualified for the PEISAA Provincial Badminton Championships as first and second seeds respectively.
- Badminton players who did not advance to provincials must return their eye wear to the PE office this week.
- Ball Hockey Intramural Schedule: KCK Girls v Allstars on Tuesday, JASONS v Prestige Worldwide on Thursday.
- Track and field sign- up sheets are posted in the PE area. Wednesday, April 27, is the last day to sign up. The first practice is on Thursday 3:15-4 pm. Track Athletes who play Rugby or Softball as well are expected to attend track practice before going to their rugby or softball practice.
- Making Waves meeting on Tuesday at lunch in Student Services.
- There will a Prom meeting on Wednesday in Room 87 at 11:45 for the Decorating Committee, Ticket Committee and the Food Committee.
- Triathlon: If you are training with Ms. Evans-Renaud and Mr. MacDonald, swimming will be at 7:00am at the AFC on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings will be in the Fitness Centre at MRHS. An athletic fee of $20 must be paid to Ms. Evans-Renaud or Mr. MacDonald to help defray the cost of the pool and registration. Team meeting every Thursday at 12:00 noon in Room 141.
- Mindful Mondays: helping teens de-stress. Come and see Ms. Victor and Ms. Toombs in the Library Conference room to learn about how to put some strategies in place to deal with stress. Meeting on Mondays in the Library Conference room from 12:00 to 12:30pm.
- Grads, please get started on your Viking Pin applications! They are due soon! Obtaining signatures can be time consuming. Pick up a copy in the library!
- Friday Song Requests can be submitted to Ms. Nabuurs or Haley MacLeod.
- Breakfast Club is up and running, and is open for all students.
- The Fitness Centre is open for students Monday to Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 pm.
- Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Christie Beck.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee each year. Payment should be made to the office.