It is a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to Felicity Barter.
Welcome to the following guest staff: Adam Clow for Angela Killeen, Adam Gauthier for Trisha Burrows, Dean Lackie for Peter Connaughton, Marla McCarron for Lori MacDonald, Mark Gregory for Mike Stewart (am) and Natasha Nabuurs (pm), Caleigh Oehlke for Lianne Garland, Colin Clarke for Jillian Power, Vanessa Foster for Kirk White (pm), Michael Brothers for Bethany Toombs (pm), Wanda Cheverie for Gail Greene, Helena Jamieson for Dawn Martell.
- Peggy in the Cafeteria is retiring; today is her last day. Make sure you stop by the Cafeteria today and wish her a fond good-bye.
- Canada Book Day is a yearly event celebrated in Canada on April 23 to promote reading and books during Canada Book Week. It is celebrated on the same day as World Book and Copyright Day, a yearly event organized by UNESCO to promote reading, publishing and the protection of intellectual property through copyright. This day was organized by the Writers’ Trust of Canada, a national organization whose mandate is to represent writers and support Canadian English-language Stop by the library today to get your free bookmark and pick up a read for the weekend.
- Prom Decorating Committee is meeting today at 12:05. If you signed up for this committee, please come and see Ms. Pike in the Library.
- SEVEC students are reminded that your money and tickets are due today.
- CSLC applications for this September are due today to Ms. Beaton in Room 139.
- Culinary Class is having Burger Love today! Five different creations are being served. What will be the favourite?
- Grade 12 students can claim your baby pictures from the Yearbook office during morning breaks.
Student Services Information:
- Applications are now available for the PEI Mutual Scholarship. Please see Ms. Toombs or Ms. Victor. Deadline is May 9.
- Hockey PEI Scholastic Award and the Jim Stirling Scholarship. Each scholarship is valued at $1000. Deadline for submission is Friday, May 13, 2016. Applications can also be found on their website at: http://hockeypei.com or at Student Services.
- Tricia Martell will be here in Wednesday, May 18, to present to Grade 12 students about the PEI Student Loan program that is offered through the government. The presentation will take place in the Library Conference room at 11:45.
- MRHS Juice Box Female Athlete of the Week: Kirsten Whiteway. Kirsten dominated, going 6-0 in Senior Women’s Singles and 4-0 with her partner Colton Morris in Senior Mixed Doubles, in Round 1 of the Regional Badminton Qualifier last week.
- MRHS Juice Box Male Athlete of the Week: Jonah Wilton. Jonah was dominant, going 5-0 in Senior Men’s Singles and 4-0 with his partner Mark Morrison in Senior Men’s Doubles, in Round 1 of the Regional Badminton Qualifier last week.
- Ball Hockey Intramural Schedule: KCK Girls v Allstars on Tuesday, JASONS v Prestige Worldwide on Thursday.
- Women’s Softball Practice is on Monday, April 25, at 3:20. This will be the final tryout before cuts so you should make every effort to attend.
- Congratulations to Kirsten Whiteway and Colton Morris, Bethany Mackenzie and Jake Banks on qualifying for the PEISAA Provincial Badminton Championships in Senior mixed doubles.
- Track and field sign- up sheets are posted in the PE area. Wednesday is the last day to sign up. The first practice is on Thursday 3:15-4 pm. Track Athletes who play rugby or softball as well are expected to attend track practice before going to their rugby or softball practice.
- Making Waves meeting on Tuesday at lunch in Student Services.
- Triathlon: If you are training with Ms. Evans-Renaud and Mr. MacDonald, swimming will be at 7:00am at the AFC on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings will be in the Fitness Centre at MRHS. An athletic fee of $20 must be paid to Ms. Evans-Renaud or Mr. MacDonald to help defray the cost of the pool and registration. Team meeting every Thursday at 12:00 noon in Room 141.
- Mindful Mondays: helping teens de-stress. Come and see Ms. Victor and Ms. Toombs in the Library Conference room to learn about how to put some strategies in place to deal with stress. Meeting on Mondays in the Library Conference room from 12:00 to 12:30pm.
- Grads, please get started on your Viking Pin applications! They are due soon! Obtaining signatures can be time consuming. Pick up a copy in the library!
- Friday Song Requests can be submitted to Ms. Nabuurs or Haley MacLeod.
- Breakfast Club is up and running, and is open for all students.
- The Fitness Centre is open for students Monday to Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 pm.
- Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Christie Beck.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee each year. Payment should be made to the office.
Public Service Announcements:
- U-16 Men’s Premier Soccer on Sunday from 10:00 to 11:30am at the Complex.