It’s a “D-C” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff: Adam Gauthier for Trisha Burrows, Robert Nicholson for Alana Trainor (am), Nicole Butler for Chantelle Beaton, Adam Clow for Sharon Anderson (A), Garrett Toole for Jennifer Murphy, Colin Clarke for Isis Fluegge, Wanda Cheverie for Gail Greene.
- Students will NOT be permitted to eat in Student Services due to the garbage and mess left behind. Please feel free to grab a snack to go.
- There will a meeting in the Library at 12:05 for the Prom Decorating Committee. If you signed up for this committee, please come and see Ms. Pike in the Library!
- There will be a meeting today after school for the Environment Club.
- Anyone interested in writing the Physics CAP exam are asked to see Mr. Stewart. Exam will be written either Thursday or Friday after school.
- Grade 12 students can claim your baby pictures from the Yearbook office during morning breaks.
Culinary Class is having our own MRHS Burger Love on Friday! Here are descriptions of the creations:
- The Great Canadian is a PEI hamburger pattie served on a sourdough bun with maple bacon, fried egg, ADL Havarti cheese, homemade BBQ sauce, caramelized onions and lettuce with PEI Yukon Gold potato wedges on the side and a date square for dessert.
- The Pizza Burger is a PEI hamburger pattie served on a cheddar cheese bun and topped with Mozza cheese, red & green peppers, red onions, bacon, pepperoni, mushrooms and homemade pizza sauce with PEI Yukon Gold potato dollars on the side and a frozen fruit pop for dessert.
- The Messy Monster is a mild Tex-Mex PEI hamburger pattie served between grilled cheese sandwich halves topped with homemade salsa, fresh greens, fresh avocado with loaded cheesy potatoes on the side and a cream cheese iced cinnamon bun for dessert.
- The Poutinerie is an Island beef pattie on a Kaiser roll with lettuce, dill pickles, potato blini, brown gravy and an apple crumble for dessert.
- Yet Unnamed is a PEI hamburger pattie with mayo, lettuce, guacamole, marble cheese, chicken slice, fresh greens on a sesame seed bun, julienne PEI herbed potato and a brownie with whipped cream to finish.
- Make your selection and make sure you have your ticket today!
Student Services Information:
- Applications are now available for the PEI Mutual Scholarship. Please see Ms. Toombs or Ms. Victor. Deadline is May 9.
- Hockey PEI Scholastic Award and the Jim Stirling Scholarship. Each scholarship is valued at $1000. Deadline for submission is Friday, May 13, 2016. Applications can also be found on their website at: http://hockeypei.com or at Student Services.
- Tricia Martell will be here in Wednesday, May 18, to present to Grade 12 students about the PEI Student Loan program that is offered through the government. The presentation will take place in the Library Conference room at 11:45.
- MRHS Juice Box Female Athlete of the Week: Kirsten Whiteway. Kirsten dominated, going 6-0 in Senior Women’s Singles and 4-0 with her partner Colton Morris in Senior Mixed Doubles, in Round 1 of the Regional Badminton Qualifier last week.
- MRHS Juice Box Male Athlete of the Week: Jonah Wilton. Jonah was dominant, going 5-0 in Senior Men’s Singles and 4-0 with his partner Mark Morrison in Senior Men’s Doubles, in Round 1 of the Regional Badminton Qualifier last week.
- Congratulations to Kirsten Whiteway on qualifying for the PEISAA provincial badminton championships in Senior Women’s singles!
- Round 2 of badminton regional qualifiers for Mixed Doubles is tonight at Charlottetown Rural at 5 pm.
- No badminton practice tonight.
- Men’s Rugby: All members of the Men’s Rugby team are asked to see Mr. Stewart by the end of the day!
- Women’s Rugby Practice today from 3:30 to 5:00 pm.
- MRHS Track and Field tentative training schedule: Tuesdays and Thursdays 3:20 to 4:00 pm (beginning late April/early May – watch announcements for first training date). Only committed athletes will be considered for the team.
- Ball Hockey Intramurals today: Cardigan Flyers play JASONS.
- Making Waves meeting on Tuesday at lunch in Student Services.
- SEVEC students are reminded that your money and tickets are due by Friday, April 22. The draw for your fund raiser prizes is Friday, April 29.
- Those interested in attending CSLC this September need to pick up an application from Ms. Beaton in Room 139. Applications are due Friday, April 22.
- Triathlon: If you are training with Ms. Evans-Renaud and Mr. MacDonald, swimming will be at 7:00am at the AFC on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings will be in the Fitness Centre at MRHS. An athletic fee of $20 must be paid to Ms. Evans-Renaud or Mr. MacDonald to help defray the cost of the pool and registration. Team meeting every Thursday at 12:00 noon in Room 141.
- Mindful Mondays: helping teens de-stress. Come and see Ms. Victor and Ms. Toombs in the Library Conference room to learn about how to put some strategies in place to deal with stress. Meeting on Mondays in the Library Conference room from 12:00 to 12:30pm.
- Grads, please get started on your Viking Pin applications! They are due soon! Obtaining signatures can be time consuming. Pick up a copy in the library!
- Friday Song Requests can be submitted to Ms. Nabuurs or Haley MacLeod.
- Breakfast Club is up and running, and is open for all students.
- The Fitness Centre is open for students Monday to Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 pm.
- Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Christie Beck.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee each year. Payment should be made to the office.