It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to Brandon Lund, Zachary Lund, Sara MacRae.
Welcome to the following guest staff: Adam Clow for Sharon Anderson (A) and Chantelle Beaton (B&C), Adam Gauthier for Trisha Burrows, Dean Lackie for Jared Cheverie.
- All Grade 12 students will be receiving a letter to take home today. Students who have an A Block Study class should pick up the parent letter from Mrs. Killeen in the Library.
- Model UN meeting at 12:00 noon in Room 211.
- Nabuurs’ PED401 class will meet in the upstairs computer lab today.
- The Environmental Club will have a Photo Booth set up in the lobby today at lunch.
- If you are caught doing something environmentally friendly today, you will be entered into a draw to win some great prizes.
- Morganne Rice is asked to please see Mrs. Killeen in the Library.
- Easter Seals Ambassador visits today. Thanks to everyone who contributed!
- There will be a Prom Committee meeting today at 11:45 in Mr. Weeks’ room. If you are interested in helping out with Prom this year, please attend.
Culinary Class is having our own MRHS Burger Love on Friday! Here are descriptions of the creations:
- The Great Canadian is a PEI hamburger pattie served on a sourdough bun with maple bacon, fried egg, ADL Havarti cheese, homemade BBQ sauce, caramelized onions and lettuce with PEI Yukon Gold potato wedges on the side and a date square for dessert.
- The Pizza Burger is a PEI hamburger pattie served on a cheddar cheese bun and topped with Mozza cheese, red & green peppers, red onions, bacon, pepperoni, mushrooms and homemade pizza sauce with PEI Yukon Gold potato dollars on the side and a frozen fruit pop for dessert.
- The Messy Monster is a mild Tex-Mex PEI hamburger pattie served between grilled cheese sandwich halves topped with homemade salsa, fresh greens, fresh avocado with loaded cheesy potatoes on the side and a cream cheese iced cinnamon bun for dessert.
- The Poutinerie is an Island beef pattie on a Kaiser roll with lettuce, dill pickles, potato blini, brown gravy and an apple crumble for dessert.
- Yet Unnamed is a PEI hamburger pattie with mayo, lettuce, guacamole, marble cheese, chicken slice, fresh greens on a sesame seed bun, julienne PEI herbed potato and a brownie with whipped cream to finish.
- Make your selection and buy a ticket for your meal today or Thursday of this week at the Ticket booth at noon.
Student Services Information:
- ShOUT conference: Deadline to register is today; please see Ms. Toombs in Student Services to hand in your consent form.
- Applications are now available for the PEI Mutual Scholarship. Please see Ms. Toombs or Ms. Victor. Deadline is May 9.
- Hockey PEI Scholastic Award and the Jim Stirling Scholarship. Each scholarship is valued at $1000. Deadline for submission is Friday, May 13, 2016. Applications can also be found on their website at: http://hockeypei.com or at Student Services.
- Congratulations to Grace Gormley & Kelly Clements, Emma Collings & Bethany MacKenzie, Jonah Wilton & Mark Morrison, Daniel Martell & Braden Stewart, and Evan Stewart & Stephen McGeoghan on qualifying for doubles in the PEISAA Provincial Badminton Championships.
- Women’s Rugby lunch in Mr. Munn’s room (#210) at 11:45am.
- MRHS hosts round 2 of the Senior Girls’ Singles regional qualifier tonight at 5 pm. Badminton players who wish to practice today can do so from 3:15 to 4:15 pm.
- Round 2 of the juvenile Boys regional qualifier is at Souris tonight at 5 pm.
- MRHS Juice Box Female Athlete of the Week: Kirsten Whiteway. Kirsten dominated, going 6-0 in Senior Women’s Singles and 4-0 with her partner Colton Morris in Senior Mixed Doubles, in Round 1 of the Regional Badminton Qualifier last week.
- MRHS Juice Box Male Athlete of the Week: Jonah Wilton. Jonah was dominant, going 5-0 in Senior Men’s Singles and 4-0 with his partner Mark Morrison in Senior Men’s Doubles, in Round 1 of the Regional Badminton Qualifier last week.
- Women’s Rugby Practice Schedule: Wednesday and Thursday 3:30 to 5:00 pm
- MRHS Track and Field tentative training schedule: Tuesdays and Thursdays 3:20 to 4:00 pm (beginning late April/early May – watch announcements for first training date). Only committed athletes will be considered for the team.
- Ball Hockey Intramurals: Cardigan Flyers vs JASONS on Thursday.
- There will be a meeting Thursday after school for the Environment Club.
- SEVEC students are reminded that your money and tickets are due by Friday, April 22. The draw for your fund raiser prizes is Friday, April 29.
- Those interested in attending CSLC this September need to pick up an application from Ms. Beaton in Room 139. Applications are due Friday, April 22.
- Triathlon: If you are training with Ms. Evans-Renaud and Mr. MacDonald, swimming will be at 7:00am at the AFC on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings will be in the Fitness Centre at MRHS. An athletic fee of $20 must be paid to Ms. Evans-Renaud or Mr. MacDonald to help defray the cost of the pool and registration. Team meeting every Thursday at 12:00 noon in Room 141.
- Mindful Mondays: helping teens de-stress. Come and see Ms. Victor and Ms. Toombs in the Library Conference room to learn about how to put some strategies in place to deal with stress. Meeting on Mondays in the Library Conference room from 12:00 to 12:30pm.
- The library monitors have some puzzles set up in the library. They will rotate the puzzles every few weeks, with increasing difficulty. Stop by before school or at lunch and work on it by yourself or with a friend.
- Teachers, please remember book inventory is due on April 11 to Mrs. Killeen.
- Grads, please get started on your Viking Pin applications! They are due soonish! Obtaining signatures can be time consuming. Pick up a copy in the library!
- Friday Song Requests can be submitted to Ms. Nabuurs or Haley MacLeod.
- Breakfast Club is up and running, and is open for all students.
- The Fitness Centre is open for students Monday to Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 pm.
- Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Christie Beck.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee each year. Payment should be made to the office.