It’s a “D-C” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff: Adam Gauthier for Dawn MacIsaac (A Block) and Trisha Burrows (pm)
- Today is the last day to contribute to the Easter Seals Campaign. Thank you for donating to this worthy cause.
- There will be a meeting at 12:05 in Learning Centre B for any Choir members who would like to help organize the spring concert.
- Variety Show that was scheduled for this evening has been cancelled.
- A free two-night CPR First Aid Course is being offered on April 19 and 21, from 6:00 to 9:00pm at the Montague Boys and Girls Club. There are 10 spots left for high school students; deadline to register is today at noon.
- The Earth Week scavenger hunt continues today. To join, please find a member of the Environmental Club. All participants will have a chance to win a draw prize!
- Environmental Club will meet today, Tuesday, after school. Please bring props for the photo booth!
Culinary Class is having our own MRHS Burger Love on Friday! Here is a description of the creations:
- The Great Canadian is a PEI hamburger pattie served on a sourdough bun with maple bacon, fried egg, ADL Havarti cheese, homemade BBQ sauce, caramelized onions and lettuce with PEI Yukon Gold potato wedges on the side and a date square for dessert.
- The Pizza Burger is a PEI hamburger pattie served on a cheddar cheese bun and topped with Mozza cheese, red & green peppers, red onions, bacon, pepperoni, mushrooms and homemade pizza sauce with PEI Yukon Gold potato dollars on the side and a frozen fruit pop for dessert.
- The Messy Monster is a mild Tex-Mex PEI hamburger pattie served between grilled cheese sandwich halves topped with homemade salsa, fresh greens, fresh avocado with loaded cheesy potatoes on the side and a cream cheese iced cinnamon bun for dessert.
- You can make your selection and buy a ticket for your meal today, Wednesday or Thursday of this week at the Ticket booth at noon.
- Please note: There should be two more choices available but since we cannot read minds, we do not know the plans!
Student Services Information:
- ShOUT conference: Deadline to register is tomorrow: Wednesday; please see Ms. Toombs in Student Services to hand in your consent form.
- Hockey PEI Scholastic Award and the Jim Stirling Scholarship. Each scholarship is valued at $1000. Deadline for submission is Friday, May 13, 2016. Applications can also be found on their website at: http://hockeypei.com or at Student Services.
- MRHS Juice Box Female Athlete of the Week: Kirsten Whiteway. Kirsten dominated, going 6-0 in Senior Women’s Singles and 4-0 with her partner Colton Morris in Senior Mixed Doubles, in Round 1 of the Regional Badminton Qualifier last week.
- MRHS Juice Box Male Athlete of the Week: Jonah Wilton. Jonah was dominant, going 5-0 in Senior Men’s Singles and 4-0 with his partner Mark Morrison in Senior Men’s Doubles, in Round 1 of the Regional Badminton Qualifier last week.
- Congratulations to Grace Gormley and Jonah Wilton who advanced to the PEISAA Provincial Badminton Championships in singles!
- Today’s badminton schedule:
- Juvenile Girls doubles at Charlottetown Rural 1 pm
- Senior Boys doubles at Colonel Gray 1 pm
- Juvenile Boys doubles at Rural 4 pm
- Senior Girls doubles at Colonel Gray 4 pm
- Ball Hockey Today: Dirty Dancers take on Georgetown Eagles.
- Women’s Rugby Practice Schedule: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 3:30 to 5:00 pm
- MRHS Track and Field tentative training schedule: Tuesdays and Thursdays 3:20 to 4:00 pm (beginning late April/early May – watch announcements for first training date). Only committed athletes will be considered for the team.
- Ball Hockey Intramurals: Cardigan Flyers vs JASONS on Thursday.
- Easter Seals Ambassador visits on Wednesday, April 20.
- There will be a Prom Committee meeting on Wednesday at 11:45 in Mr. Weeks’ room. If you are interested in helping out with Prom this year, please attend.
- SEVEC students are reminded that your money and tickets are due by Friday, April 22. The draw for your fund raiser prizes is Friday, April 29.
- Those interested in attending CSLC this September need to pick up an application from Ms. Beaton in Room 139. Applications are due Friday, April 22.
- Triathlon: If you are training with Ms. Evans-Renaud and Mr. MacDonald, swimming will be at 7:00am at the AFC on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings will be in the Fitness Centre at MRHS. An athletic fee of $20 must be paid to Ms. Evans-Renaud or Mr. MacDonald to help defray the cost of the pool and registration. Team will be meeting every Thursday at 12:00 noon in Room 141.
- Mindful Mondays: helping teens de-stress. Come and see Ms. Victor and Ms. Toombs in the Library Conference room to learn about how to put some strategies in place to deal with stress. Meeting on Mondays in the Library Conference room from 12:00 to 12:30pm.
- The library monitors have some puzzles set up in the library. They will rotate the puzzles every few weeks, with increasing difficulty. Stop by before school or at lunch and work on it by yourself or with a friend.
- Teachers, please remember book inventory is due on April 11 to Mrs. Killeen.
- Grads, please get started on your Viking Pin applications! They are due soonish! Obtaining signatures can be time consuming. Pick up a copy in the library!
- Friday Song Requests can be submitted to Ms. Nabuurs or Haley MacLeod.
- Breakfast Club is up and running, and is open for all students.
- The Fitness Centre is open for students Monday to Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 pm.
- Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Christie Beck.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee each year. Payment should be made to the office.
Cardigan and Area Minor Ball Registration will take place on Wednesday, April 20, from 6pm-9pm, and Saturday, April 23, from 9am-2pm, at the Fire Hall in Cardigan for both baseball and softball. For more information you can email John Munro at firstname.lastname@example.org, or check on our website: http://www.baseballpei.ca/page/show/1712155-cardigan-all-seasons-
Canada Homestay Network invites you to open your heart and your home to an international student who has been carefully selected to attend Montague Regional High School! They provide you first language support for your international student, support before and during the hosting experience, 24-hour support in case of an emergency, a generous stipend for host families to off-set costs, as well as short term and long term placements. Students are matched to your interests and preferences. For further information and to arrange an interview, please contact Sarah at the Canada Homestay Network via phone at 902-315-0214 or email: email@example.com