It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to Ms. Sandra Hicken and Ms. Trisha Burrows! Happy Belated Birthday to Mikayla Gill, Jessica Perry, Chloe Murphy, Jacob Bedell, Kevin Burke.
Welcome to the following guest staff: Harold Brothers for Carl Evans, Michael Brothers for Christie Beck (pm), Nicole Butler for Charlie Trainor, Kathy Campbell for Kirk White (pm), Morgan Hennessey for Isis Fluegge, Adam Clow for Sandra Hicken, Wanda Cheverie for Toby Murphy, Sara Stewart for Logan Roche, Helena Jamieson for Dawn Martell (pm).
- The following students are asked to please see Ms. Beaton at morning break in Room 85: RJ Gordon, Maria Ferguson, Lexy Mooney, Milo Ryan, Sophie Brothers, and Dexter Fraser.
- Report cards that were not picked up at Parent Teacher Interviews will be given to students in home room classes this morning. Students are encouraged to take these documents home to parents/guardians.
- Band students should note that there is no Concert Band on Tuesday morning.
- Culinary Class is having our own MRHS Burger Love on Friday! Stay tuned for descriptions of the creations in the announcements, then make your selection and buy your meal on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday of this week.
- Grads: Only 13 school days left to get your Viking Pin applications in.
- Mindful Mondays: Due to popular demand, we will be colouring again for stress relief today. Meet in the Library Conference room at lunch, all supplies will be provided.
Student Services Information:
- ShOUT conference: Deadline to register is this Wednesday; please see Ms. Toombs in Student Services to hand in your consent form.
- Hockey PEI Scholastic Award and the Jim Stirling Scholarship. Each scholarship is valued at $1000. Deadline for submission is Friday, May 13, 2016. Applications can also be found on their website at: http://hockeypei.com or at Student Services.
- There will be a brief badminton practice after school today. MRHS is hosting Round 2 of Juvenile Girls Singles Regional Qualifiers at 4:30 pm tonight. Round 2 of Senior Boys Singles Regional Qualifier is tonight at 4:30 pm in Morell.
- Women’s Rugby Practice Schedule: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 3:30 to 5:00 pm
- MRHS Track and Field tentative training schedule: Tuesdays and Thursdays 3:20 to 4:00 pm (beginning late April/early May – watch announcements for first training date). Only committed athletes will be considered for the team.
- Ball Hockey Intramurals: Dirty Dancers vs Georgetown Eagles on Tuesday, Cardigan Flyers vs JASONS on Thursday.
- Variety Show: Tuesday, April 19, at 6:30pm. $5 admission. Come support your Hospitality and Tourism class.
- Easter Seals Ambassador visits on Wednesday, April 20.
- There will be a Prom Committee meeting on Wednesday at 11:45 in Mr. Weeks’ room. If you are interested in helping out with Prom this year, please attend.
- SEVEC students are reminded that your money and tickets are due by Friday, April 22. The draw for your fund raiser prizes is Friday, April 29.
- Home rooms will be collecting for the Easter Seals Campaign until Tuesday, April 19. Thank you in advance for donating to this worthy cause.
- Those interested in attending CSLC this September need to pick up an application from Ms. Beaton in Room 139. Applications are due Friday, April 22.
- Triathlon: If you are training with Ms. Evans-Renaud and Mr. MacDonald, swimming will be at 7:00am at the AFC on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings will be in the Fitness Centre at MRHS. An athletic fee of $20 must be paid to Ms. Evans-Renaud or Mr. MacDonald to help defray the cost of the pool and registration. Team will be meeting every Thursday at 12:00 noon in Room 141.
- Mindful Mondays: helping teens de-stress. Come and see Ms. Victor and Ms. Toombs in the Library Conference room to learn about how to put some strategies in place to deal with stress. Meeting on Mondays in the Library Conference room from 12:00 to 12:30pm.
- The library monitors have some puzzles set up in the library. They will rotate the puzzles every few weeks, with increasing difficulty. Stop by before school or at lunch and work on it by yourself or with a friend.
- Teachers, please remember book inventory is due on April 11 to Mrs. Killeen.
- Grads, please get started on your Viking Pin applications! They are due soonish! Obtaining signatures can be time consuming. Pick up a copy in the library!
- Friday Song Requests can be submitted to Ms. Nabuurs or Haley MacLeod.
- Breakfast Club is up and running, and is open for all students.
- The Fitness Centre is open for students Monday to Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 pm.
- Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Christie Beck.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee each year. Payment should be made to the office.
Cardigan and Area Minor Ball Registration will take place on Wednesday, April 20, from 6pm-9pm, and Saturday, April 23, from 9am-2pm, at the Fire Hall in Cardigan for both baseball and softball. For more information you can email John Munro at firstname.lastname@example.org, or check on our website: http://www.baseballpei.ca/page/show/1712155-cardigan-all-seasons-
Canada Homestay Network invites you to open your heart and your home to an international student who has been carefully selected to attend Montague Regional High School! They provide you first language support for your international student, support before and during the hosting experience, 24-hour support in case of an emergency, a generous stipend for host families to off-set costs, as well as short term and long term placements. Students are matched to your interests and preferences. For further information and to arrange an interview, please contact Sarah at the Canada Homestay Network via phone at 902-315-0214 or email: email@example.com.