It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy Birthday to Hayley Kemp, Logan Robertson.
Welcome to the following guest staff: Nicole Butler for Donna White (am) and Kelly Pike (pm).
- Parent Teachers: Today from 6:00 to 8:30pm and Friday from 9:00am to 12noon and 1:00 to 3:00pm.
- Students are reminded that the Library will be open during Parent-Teacher interviews for studying and research. See Mrs. Killeen should you require any assistance.
- The Culinary class is serving their South-Western meal today. People who booked a meal can visit the Culinary Lab at 11:50 to pick it up.
- SEVEC students are reminded that your money and tickets are due by next Friday, April 22. The draw for your fund raiser prizes is Friday, April 29.
Student Services Information:
- shOUT Conference: Saturday, April 23, 2016, for junior and senior high school students and staff. There is no cost to attend this event. Lunch is provided free of charge. Individuals are asked to register before April 21, 2016 at http://peigsaconference.eventbrite.ca or see Ms. Toombs in Student Services.
- Grade 12’s who are eligible for the PEI Fisherman Association Award are reminded that the deadline is this Friday, April 15, 2016.
- Hockey PEI Scholastic Award and the Jim Stirling Scholarship. Each scholarship is valued at $1000. Deadline for submission is Friday, May 13, 2016. Applications can also be found on their website at: http://hockeypei.com or at Student Services.
- Ball Hockey Intramurals today: JASONS play Georgetown Eagles
- MRHS Track and Field team sign up is posted in the PE hallway. Athletes should sign up this week. Tentative training schedule: Tuesdays and Thursdays 3:20 to 4:00 pm (beginning late April/early May – watch announcements for first training date). Only committed athletes will be considered for the team.
- Women’s Rugby practice today from 3:30 to 5:00pm this week. Remember that forms and fees can be handed in at the PE office any day at lunch time.
- Mouth guards are for sale for $5 in the PE office every day this week at lunch time.
- Badminton fees and forms will be collected in the PE office every day this week at lunch time.
- The gym will be open for badminton practice from 3:15 to 4:15pm today.
- Athletes are reminded to pick up eye wear in the PE office on the day of their meet(s) and arrive at their meet at least 30 minutes in advance.
- Men’s Rugby team tournament money is due Friday, April15. Money can be paid in the PE office any day at lunch. Amounts owing will be posted in the PE hallway.
- Next week’s Ball Hockey: Dirty Dancers vs Georgetown Eagles on Tuesday, Cardigan Flyers vs JASONS on Thursday.
- Badminton PEI is hosting Senior Provincials in Kensington on Sunday, April 24. Registration deadline is April 17. Interested badminton players can see Ms. Nabuurs for more details. This is NOT a school badminton event.
- The SEARS Scholarships for the Summer Acting Conservatory offers young actors from the ages of 12 to 18 the opportunity to train with professional actors during the summer months. Classes may include improvisation, scene study, dance, Shakespeare, voice and speech, monologues, stage combat, etc. SEARS Canada has made it possible for up to five students in Grades 10 or 11 on the Island to attend a two week acting camp (July 25 to August 5) for free. Students need to simply send in a resume and a one-page essay titled “I love theatre because …” Submission deadline is April 15. Please email applications (resume, one page essay, full contact details) to: Kate Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do you have any interest in performing? Sign up to participate in the Hospitality and Tourism class’s Variety Show. They are looking for some acts! Feel free to see Mrs. Hicken, Haley MacLeod, or Danielle Villard to sign up. If you would rather watch, come on out on Tuesday, April 19, at 6:30. The cost is $5.00 at the door! Come out to support our local talent!
- Home rooms will be collecting for the Easter Seals Campaign until Tuesday, April 19. Thank you in advance for donating to this worthy cause.
- Any students interested in being a valedictorian or the flag bearer for the graduation exercises should give your name to Mr MacDonald, Mr. Killeen, or Ms. McInnis by the end of this week! It should be noted that those interested in the valedictorian position will have to do speeches in front of an interview panel AND the Grade 12 student body.
- Those interested in attending CSLC this September need to pick up an application from Ms. Beaton in Room 139. Applications are due Friday, April 22.
- Triathlon: If you are training with Ms. Evans-Renaud and Mr. MacDonald, swimming will be at 7:00am at the AFC on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings will be in the Fitness Centre at MRHS. An athletic fee of $20 must be paid to Ms. Evans-Renaud or Mr. MacDonald to help defray the cost of the pool and registration. Team will be meeting every Thursday at 12:00 noon in Room 141.
- Mindful Mondays: helping teens de-stress. Come and see Ms. Victor and Ms. Toombs in the Library Conference room to learn about how to put some strategies in place to deal with stress. Meeting on Mondays in the Library Conference room from 12:00 to 12:30pm.
- The library monitors have some puzzles set up in the library. They will rotate the puzzles every few weeks, with increasing difficulty. Stop by before school or at lunch and work on it by yourself or with a friend.
- Teachers, please remember book inventory is due on April 11 to Mrs. Killeen.
- Grads, please get started on your Viking Pin applications! They are due soonish! Obtaining signatures can be time consuming. Pick up a copy in the library!
- Friday Song Requests can be submitted to Ms. Nabuurs or Haley MacLeod.
- Breakfast Club is up and running, and is open for all students.
- The Fitness Centre is open for students Monday to Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 pm.
- Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Christie Beck.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee each year. Payment should be made to the office.
Cardigan and Area Minor Ball Registration will take place on Wednesday, April 20, from 6pm-9pm, and Saturday, April 23, from 9am-2pm, at the Fire Hall in Cardigan for both baseball and softball. For more information you can email John Munro at email@example.com, or check on our website: http://www.baseballpei.ca/page/show/1712155-cardigan-all-seasons-