It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to Madi Jay.
Welcome to the following guest staff: Nicole Butler for Angela Killeen, Marla McCarron for Lynn Hayes, Dean Lackie for Peter Connaughton (pm), Sara Stewart for Logan Roche, Mark Gregory for Mike Stewart, Sarah Mutch for Andrew Henderson, Kirk White for Donna White (am), Andrea Crane for Yvonne Higgins.
- Teachers are reminded that Book Inventory is due to Mrs. Killeen today.
- The following students are asked to see Ms. Butler in the library before noon: Alexandra Dicks, Dawson McCarthy, Emily Sibbick, Kassidy Kerr, Quentin Kenny, Shayla Martin.
- There will be a meeting today for anyone thinking of running for Student Council President or Executive in Room 139 at 12:10pm.
- Mindful Mondays is meeting today in the Library Conference room from 12:00 to 12:30pm.
- Model UN meeting in Room 211 after school today.
- The Envirothon team is having a playoff hockey pool to help support their trip to Nationals this summer. It is $10.00 to enter which gives you a chance to win $200. Sheets will be available at lunch or see Mr. Killeen or one of the Envirothon students. Deadline to enter is tomorrow, Tuesday.
Student Services Information:
- shOUT Conference: Saturday, April 23, 2016, for junior and senior high school students and staff. There is no cost to attend this event. Lunch is provided free of charge. Individuals are asked to register before April 21, 2016 at http://peigsaconference.eventbrite.ca or see Ms. Toombs in Student Services.
- Grade 12’s who are eligible for the PEI Fisherman Association Award are reminded that the deadline is this Friday, April 15, 2016.
- Hockey PEI Scholastic Award and the Jim Stirling Scholarship. Each scholarship is valued at $1000. Deadline for submission is Friday, May 13, 2016. Applications can also be found on their website at: http://hockeypei.com or at Student Services.
- Congratulations to Gabby Vandaele, Alex Parsons, and Dean Gordon on winning gold at the PEISAA Provincial Wrestling Championships on Saturday.
- Our Women’s Hockey team out-played and out-shot a much larger opponent at the KISH high school hockey tournament on Saturday. It took the combination of the two largest high schools on the Island (Rural/Gray) to take the girls to seven shooters in a shoot-out, losing 3-2. Great job by our girls who beat Bluefield/Westisle/Morell-Souris. Thanks to all girls for their time and commitment in a well-played tournament!
- Women’s Rugby practice Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 3:30 to 5:00pm this week. Remember that forms and fees can be handed in at the PE office any day at lunch time.
- Women’s Rugby will be indoors today from 3:30 to 4:45pm.
- Mouth guards are for sale for $5 in the PE office every day this week at lunch time.
- Badminton fees and forms will be collected in the PE office every day this week at lunch time.
- Men’s Rugby team tournament money is due Friday, April15. Money can be paid in the PE office any day at lunch. Amounts owing will be posted in the PE hallway.
- Ball Hockey Intramurals this week: KCK Girls v Allstars on Tuesday, JASONS v Georgetown Eagles on Thursday.
- The SEARS Scholarships for the Summer Acting Conservatory offers young actors from the ages of 12 to 18 the opportunity to train with professional actors during the summer months. Classes may include improvisation, scene study, dance, Shakespeare, voice and speech, monologues, stage combat, etc. SEARS Canada has made it possible for up to five students in Grades 10 or 11 on the Island to attend a two week acting camp (July 25 to August 5) for free. Students need to simply send in a resume and a one-page essay titled “I love theatre because …” Submission deadline is April 15. Please email applications (resume, one page essay, full contact details) to: Kate Martin at email@example.com.
- Triathlon: If you are training with Ms. Evans-Renaud and Mr. MacDonald, swimming will be at 7:00am at the AFC on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings will be in the Fitness Centre at MRHS. An athletic fee of $20 must be paid to Ms. Evans-Renaud or Mr. MacDonald to help defray the cost of the pool and registration. Team will be meeting every Thursday at 12:00 noon in Room 141.
- Mindful Mondays: helping teens de-stress. Come and see Ms. Victor and Ms. Toombs in the Library Conference room to learn about how to put some strategies in place to deal with stress. Meeting on Mondays in the Library Conference room from 12:00 to 12:30pm.
- The library monitors have some puzzles set up in the library. They will rotate the puzzles every few weeks, with increasing difficulty. Stop by before school or at lunch and work on it by yourself or with a friend.
- Teachers, please remember book inventory is due on April 11 to Mrs. Killeen.
- Grads, please get started on your Viking Pin applications! They are due soonish! Obtaining signatures can be time consuming. Pick up a copy in the library!
- Friday Song Requests can be submitted to Ms. Nabuurs or Haley MacLeod.
- Breakfast Club is up and running, and is open for all students.
- The Fitness Centre is open for students Monday to Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 pm.
- Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Christie Beck.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee each year. Payment should be made to the office.