It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to Elijah Blue, Jakob Gosbee and Rebecca Martens.
Welcome to the following guest staff: Garrett Toole for Karen Malone, Bridget DeCourcey for Earl Campbell, Blanche Moyaert for Sharon Anderson, Andrea Crane for Pauline Kelly.
- All members of the Senior Men’s hockey team are to see Mr. Kelly (Room 226) to get your jerseys. The men take on Bluefield tonight at 7:45pm in Pownal. Come out and show your support!
- UPEI will be here all day today for First Year Advisement. All Science/Nursing/Kin/Engineering will be registering for courses at 9am in the downstairs computer lab. All Art/Music/Business will be registering at 12:30pm. Please ensure you speak with your teachers to get any material you may be missing. Students who are planning on attending must sign up with Ms. Victor or Ms. Toombs. This is a session where UPEI will do your first semester registration of courses and assure that you get what you need as well as provide you with valuable first year information.
- The Slam Poetry group meets today at 12:00 in Room 211.
- There will be a brief meeting for the participants of the Maple Leaf Exchange today at 11:45 in Room 85.
- Choir members should change into their uniforms immediately after school as you will be getting your pictures taken promptly at 3:30 today.
- This is Spring Fling Week. We will be having our dance on Friday. Tickets are $8 and will be available in the ticket booth until Wednesday of this week. Sign in contracts were due Monday. Dress Up Week continues with Tropical Tuesday, Wildlife Wednesday, 80’s Throwback Thursday, and Tie Dye Friday. We will be a photo booth in the student council room and we will be having another Instagram hashtag competition. There will be daily draws for bags of candy so be sure to participate!
Student Services Information:
- The Saint Dunstan Scholarship is a $5,000 renewable scholarship available to graduating PEI high school students who will be attending UPEI. Applicants must have obtained a minimum grade average of 85 % over their final two years of high school. SDU will offer four Saint Dunstan Scholarships per year. Application deadline is April 15 of the current academic year.
- The SDU Bursaries have a value of $600 and are available to PEI students who are attending a post-secondary institution either on or off PEI. Bursaries are renewable for a maximum of three additional years. Application deadline is August 31of the current academic year. A maximum of two hundred bursaries will be awarded.
- The SDU Board of Governor’s Award is available tograduating high school students in good academic standing who have demonstrated ability in citizenship, leadership and service to community, church and school. This award is a non- renewable $1,000 award to students entering a post-secondary institution. A minimum of one award per PEI High School will be given. Application deadline is May 1 of the current academic year.
- Students can see Ms. Victor or Ms. Toombs or go onto the website at saintdunstansuniversity.ca for information regarding any of the Saint Dunstan opportunities.
- Student Services has received updated information on the 4H Scholarships. Please see Ms. Toombs or Ms. Victor for information.
- Holland College will be here on April 6 from 11:45 to12:30 to answer any questions you may have in regards to scholarships at Holland College. Even if students have not heard on admission they should be preparing to apply to scholarships. See Ms. Victor or Ms. Toombs for a time.
- Hockey PEI Scholastic Award and the Jim Stirling Scholarship. Each scholarship is valued at $1000. Deadline for submission is Friday, May 13, 2016. Applications can also be found on their website at: http://hockeypei.com/page.php?page_id=40723or at Student Services.
- Women’s Rugby practice will be inside today from 3:30 to 5:00pm.
- Men’s Rugby team fundraiser forms and money are due today in the PE office at lunchtime. If you don’t have your forms and money here today, you must see Ms. Nabuurs at lunch time in the PE office.
- Today is the last day of badminton try-outs. Athletes who still have matches to play must attend practice today.
- Dawson McCarthy, Kaitlyn Patton, Dustin Ross, and Jake Banks are asked to please go to Ms. Nabuurs’ office immediately following reading period today.
- Ball Hockey Intramurals this week: Georgetown Eagles vs Prestige Worldwide today and Cardigan Flyers vs Prestige Worldwide on Thursday.
- Athletic Fees are due from the following students: Donovan Bears (Powerlifting $10), Ryan MacEachern (Basketball $75), and Kyle Parlee (Basketball $75).
- Badminton practice from 3:30 to 5:00pm on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday this week.
- Women’s Rugby Practice from 3:30 to 5:00pm on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday.
- All students interested in playing Men’s Softball for MRHS this spring must sign up in the PE hallway by Friday, April 8.
- There will be a Parent Information meeting for students involved in the Maple Leaf Exchange on Wednesday, April 6, at 6:00pm here at the school.
- There will be a meeting on Wednesday at 11:45 in Room 224 for anyone interested in helping out with PROM!
- Environmental Club will be meeting on Thursday, April 7, after school to plan for Earth Day activities.
- Student Council is participating in a clothing drive. Get a head start on your spring cleaning and bring in any used clothes or shoes. Clothing with small stains are also welcome as all items collected are distributed. Please drop off your items in your home room before Friday, April 8. The homeroom that brings in the most wins a pizza party.
- Anyone 16 years of age or older who is interested in playing in a Recreational Ball Hockey League at the Wellness Centre at the cost of $350 per team (cost split evenly between all players that participate) should contact Justin Bailey, Earl Campbell or Greg ( Rink Manager).
- Triathlon: If you are training with Ms. Evans-Renaud and Mr. MacDonald, swimming will be at 7:00am at the AFC on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings will be in the Fitness Centre at MRHS. An athletic fee of $20 must be paid to Ms. Evans-Renaud or Mr. MacDonald to help defray the cost of the pool and registration. Team will be meeting every Thursday at 12:00 noon in Room 141.
- Mindful Mondays: helping teens de-stress. Come and see Ms. Victor and Ms. Toombs in the Library Conference room to learn about how to put some strategies in place to deal with stress. Meeting on Mondays in the Library Conference room from 12:00 to 12:30pm.
- Wrestling practice goes on Mondays from 3:30 to 5:30pm and Wednesdays from 4:00 to 6:00pm.
- The library monitors have some puzzles set up in the library. They will rotate the puzzles every few weeks, with increasing difficulty. Stop by before school or at lunch and work on it by yourself or with a friend.
- Teachers, please remember book inventory is due on April 11 to Mrs. Killeen.
- Grads, please get started on your Viking Pin applications! They are due soonish! Obtaining signatures can be time consuming. Pick up a copy in the library!
- Friday Song Requests can be submitted to Ms. Nabuurs or Haley MacLeod.
- Breakfast Club is up and running, and is open for all students.
- The Fitness Centre is open for students Monday to Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 pm.
- Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Christie Beck.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee each year. Payment should be made to the office.