It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy Belated Birthday to the following students who celebrated their birthdays over the weekend: Cailyn Ferguson, Leanna Hambly, Nadia Smith, Rachel Buell, Mia Levesque.
Welcome to the following guest staff: Nicole Butler for Sandra Hicken, Jenny McCarron for Lynn Hayes, Garrett Toole for Michael Stewart, Andrea Crane for Yvonne Higgins, Adam Clow for Kelly Pike, Adam Gauthier for Trisha Burrows, Sarah Mutch for Sharon Anderson, Colin Clarke for Angela Killeen
- All students who are members of the choir and/or vocal ensembles should have your uniforms with you for your yearbook photo being taken today.
- All Senior Men hockey players must have your permission forms and money in today. Our first game is tomorrow night at 7:45 in Pownal against Bluefield.
- There will be a Parent Council Meeting today at 6:00 pm in the MRHS Library. All are welcome.
- This is Spring Fling Week. We will be having our dance on Friday. Tickets are $8 and will be available in the ticket booth Monday to Wednesday of this week. Sign in contracts are due today (Monday) and are available in the office. We will also be having a dress up week: Memory Monday (wear something that has a memory attached to it eg: I love my NY shirt team shirt etc.), Tropical Tuesday, Wildlife Wednesday, 80’s Throwback Thursday, and Tie Dye Friday. We will be a photo booth in the student council room and we will be having another Instagram hashtag competition. There will be daily draws for bags of candy so be sure to participate!
Student Services Information:
- The Saint Dunstan Scholarship is a $5,000 renewable scholarship available to graduating PEI high school students who will be attending UPEI. Applicants must have obtained a minimum grade average of 85 % over their final two years of high school. SDU will offer four Saint Dunstan Scholarships per year. Application deadline is April 15 of the current academic year.
- The SDU Bursaries have a value of $600 and are available to PEI students who are attending a post-secondary institution either on or off PEI. Bursaries are renewable for a maximum of three additional years. Application deadline is August 31of the current academic year. A maximum of two hundred bursaries will be awarded.
- The SDU Board of Governor’s Award is available tograduating high school students in good academic standing who have demonstrated ability in citizenship, leadership and service to community, church and school. This award is a non- renewable $1,000 award to students entering a post-secondary institution. A minimum of one award per PEI High School will be given. Application deadline is May 1 of the current academic year.
- Students can see Ms. Victor or Ms. Toombs or go onto the website at saintdunstansuniversity.ca for information regarding any of the Saint Dunstan opportunities.
- Student Services has received updated information on the 4H Scholarships. Please see Ms. Toombs or Ms. Victor for information.
- Holland College will be here on April 6 from 11:45 to12:30 to answer any questions you may have in regards to scholarships at Holland College. Even if students have not heard on admission they should be preparing to apply to scholarships. See Ms. Victor or Ms. Toombs for a time.
- UPEI will be here all day on April 5 for First Year Advisement. Students who are planning on attending must sign up with Ms. Victor or Ms. Toombs. This is a session where UPEI will do your first semester registration of courses and assure that you get what you need as well as provide you with valuable first year information. There will be a morning and afternoon session, so please see one of the counsellors.
- Congratulations to the Kings County Kings Midget AAA girls on winning the Bronze at the Atlantic Championships.
- Congratulations to our Women’s and Men’s Power Lifting teams who finished 3rd and 4th, respectively, at the PEISAA Provincial Power Lifting Championships!
- Ball Hockey Intramurals this week: Georgetown Eagles vs Prestige Worldwide on Tuesday and Cardigan Flyers vs Prestige Worldwide on Thursday.
- Badminton practice from 3:30 to 5:00pm on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday this week.
- Women’s Rugby Practice from 3:30 to 5:00pm on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday.
- All students interested in playing Men’s Softball for MRHS this spring must sign up in the PE hallway by Friday, April 8.
- There will be a Parent Information meeting for students involved in the Maple Leaf Exchange on Wednesday, April 6, at 6:00pm here at the school.
- There will be a meeting on Wednesday at 11:45 in Room 224 for anyone interested in helping out with PROM!
- Student Council is participating in a clothing drive. Get a head start on your spring cleaning and bring in any used clothes or shoes. Clothing with small stains are also welcome as all items collected are distributed. Please drop off your items in your home room before Friday, April 8. The homeroom that brings in the most wins a pizza party.
- Anyone 16 years of age or older who is interested in playing in a Recreational Ball Hockey League at the Wellness Centre at the cost of $350 per team (cost split evenly between all players that participate) should contact Justin Bailey, Earl Campbell or Greg ( Rink Manager).
- Triathlon: If you are training with Ms. Evans-Renaud and Mr. MacDonald, swimming will be at 7:00am at the AFC on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings will be in the Fitness Centre at MRHS. An athletic fee of $10 must be paid to Ms. Evans-Renaud or Mr. MacDonald to help defray the cost of the pool.
- Mindful Mondays: helping teens de-stress. Come and see Ms. Victor and Ms. Toombs in the Library Conference room to learn about how to put some strategies in place to deal with stress. Meeting on Mondays in the Library Conference room from 12:00 to 12:30pm.
- Wrestling practice goes on Mondays from 3:30 to 5:30pm and Wednesdays from 4:00 to 6:00pm.
- The library monitors have some puzzles set up in the library. They will rotate the puzzles every few weeks, with increasing difficulty. Stop by before school or at lunch and work on it by yourself or with a friend.
- Teachers, please remember book inventory is due on April 11 to Mrs. Killeen.
- Grads, please get started on your Viking Pin applications! They are due soonish! Obtaining signatures can be time consuming. Pick up a copy in the library!
- Friday Song Requests can be submitted to Ms. Nabuurs or Haley MacLeod.
- Breakfast Club is up and running, and is open for all students.
- The Fitness Centre is open for students Monday to Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 pm.
- Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Christie Beck.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee each year. Payment should be made to the office.