It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to: Jake MacLean and Lucas Mitchell.
Welcome to the following guest staff: Kathy Campbell for Andrew Henderson (am) and Kirk White (pm), Sara Stewart for Logan Roche, Dean Lackie for Jared Cheverie, Michael Brothers for Christie Beck (pm),
- The Culinary class is serving a meal today. Don’t forget to pick up your meal in Room 136 at 11:50am.
- All students who are members of the choir and/or vocal ensembles must bring their uniforms on Monday to school as your yearbook photos will be taken at that time.
- Men’s touch Rugby will be held every day at 12:00 in the gym.
- Triathlon: If you are training with Ms. Evans-Renaud and Mr. MacDonald, swimming will be at 7:00am at the AFC on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings will be in the Fitness Centre at MRHS. An athletic fee of $10 must be paid to Ms. Evans-Renaud or Mr. MacDonald to help defray the cost of the pool.
- Wrestling practice goes on Mondays from 3:30 to 5:30pm and Wednesdays from 4:00 to 6:00pm.
- Men’s Rugby Practice Tuesday – Friday from 3:30 – 5:30 and Saturday morning from 9:00 am-11:00 am. Anyone interested in playing on the men’s rugby team must be at the practices or see Mr. Stewart this week.
- Those who signed up for the Senior Men’s hockey team must see Mr. Kelly today to get their schedules and permission forms. Forms and money need to be in by the end of the day.
- Student Services has received the updated information on the 4H Scholarships. Please see Ms.Toombs or Ms.Victor for information.
- Holland College will be here on April 6th at 11:45-12:30 to answer any questions you may have in regards to scholarships at Holland College. Even if students have not heard on admission they should be preparing to apply to scholarships. See Ms.Victor or Ms.Toombs for a time.
- UPEI will be here all day on April 5th, for First Year Advisement, students who are planning on attending must sign up with Ms.Victor or Ms. Toombs. This is a session where UPEI will do your first semester registration of courses and assure that you get what you need as well as provide you with valuable first year information. There will be a morning and afternoon session so please see one of the counsellors.
- There will be a Parent Information meeting for students involved in the Maple Leaf Exchange on Wednesday, April 6 at 6pm here at the school.
- There will be a Parent Council Meeting on Monday, April 4, at 6:00 pm in the MRHS Library. All are welcome.
- Student Council is participating in a clothing drive. Get a head start on your spring cleaning and bring in any used clothes or shoes. Clothing with small stains are also welcome as all items collected are distributed. Please drop off your items in your home room before Friday, April 8. The homeroom that brings in the most wins a pizza party.
- Anyone 16 years of age or older who is interested in playing in a Recreational Ball Hockey League at the Wellness Centre at the cost of $350 per team (cost split evenly between all players that participate) should contact Justin Bailey, Earl Campbell or Greg ( Rink Manager).
- Come out this weekend and support your Kings County Midget AAA Girl’s hockey team. They are playing in the Atlantics, hosted in Charlottetown. All games will be played at UPEI. Keep in mind there will be admission prices: Students $2 game pass, $5 day pass and $10 weekend pass. Adults: $5 game pass, $10 day pass and $20 weekend pass.
- The following students should see Mrs. Killeen ASAP to discuss their library accounts, which have overdue items from Fall 2015: Jake Banks, Keegan Creed, Dustin Fleming, Isaac Kemp, Keighan White, David Thomas, Owen Collier, Taylor G MacDonald, Emma Mullaly, Dawn Boudreault, John Campbell, Noah Inman, Grace Boyce, Matthew Quinn, Taylor McDonald, Cordell Blaisdell, Chaucer Fraser, Chloe Harris, Marlee Clark, Jakob Gosbee, Jasmine Knight, Sklyer Sentner, Tori MacSwain, Maria Ferguson, Justin MacKay, Daniel Martell, Milo Ryan, Haley MacIntyre, Samantha Pirch.
- Mindful Mondays: helping teens de-stress. Come and see Ms.Victor and Ms.Toombs in the Library Conference room to learn about how to put some strategies in place to deal with stress. Meeting on Mondays in the Library Conference room from 12:00 to 12:30pm.
- The library monitors have some puzzles set up in the library. They will rotate the puzzles every few weeks, with increasing difficulty. Stop by before school or at lunch and work on it by yourself or with a friend.
- Teachers, please remember book inventory is due April 11th to Mrs. Killeen.
- Grads, please get started on your Viking Pin applications! They are due soonish! Obtaining signatures can be time consuming. Pick up a copy in the library!
- Next week is Spring Fling Week. We will be having our dance on Friday. Tickets are $8 and will be available in the ticket booth Monday to Wednesday of next week. Sign in contracts are due on Monday, April 4 and are available in the office. We will also be having a dress up week: Memory Monday (wear something that has a memory attached to it eg: I love my NY shirt team shirt etc.), Tropical Tuesday, Wildlife Wednesday, 80’s Throwback Thursday, and Tie Dye Friday. We will be a photo booth in the student council room and we will be having another Instagram hashtag competition. There will be daily draws for bags of candy so be sure to participate!
- Friday Song Requests can be submitted to Ms. Nabuurs or Haley MacLeod.
- Breakfast Club is up and running, and is open for all students.
- The Fitness Centre is open for students Monday to Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 pm.
- Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Christie Beck.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee each year. Payment should be made to the office.