It is a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to Isaiah Mahar and Michael VanderZwaag.
Welcome to the following guest staff: Kirk White for Andrew Henderson, Adam Clow for Maureen MacDonald, Dean Lackie for Leanne Garland, Nancy Cudmore for Matthew Killeen, Patricia Hewitt for Kelly Pike, Nicole Butler for Kristina McLane, Blanche Moyaert for Michael Brothers (am), Michael Brothers for Jillian Power (pm), Jenny McCarron for Gail Johnston, Denise McGillevray for Pauline Kelly and Helena Jamieson for Dawn Martell.
- Cafeteria Easter Special will be held tomorrow, March 31.
- The Culinary meal will be held on Friday, April 1. The meal to be served will be a delicious garlic hummus with an assortment of veggies with a middle eastern falafel ball as the main course which you will be enjoying with light n’ fluffy challah bread. The dessert will be an enticing chocolate babka and you can chase that all down with kefir, a yogurt type drink. This will be served for the low price of just $8. Please come and enjoy this wonderful meal!
- Students who have paid for the ski trip can use their money for the next grad activity or get a refund.
- E-Cigarettes & Vapor Cigarettes: E-cigarettes contain nicotine and, as such, fall under the ELSB policy on Tobacco and Smoke-free Environments which prohibits the use of any such products on school property.
- Congratulations to Rose Henbest who won in the semi-final level of Poetry in Voice. Rose will be competing at the Nationals in Toronto in April. Congratulations and good luck as you represent PEI in the Nationals!
- Environment Club will meet in Mr. Trainor’s room 131 tomorrow, Thursday at 12 noon.
- All students planning on attending UPEI in September MUST come see Ms.Victor today. Even if you are undecided please come to Student Services
- There will be a short, but important meeting for those who have signed up for the Senior Men’s Hockey Team in Mr. Kelly’s classroom (226) at 12pm today.
- Men’s touch Rugby will be held every day at 12:00 in the gym.
- Triathlon: If you are training with Ms. Evans-Renaud and Mr. MacDonald, swimming will be at 7:00am at the AFC on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings will be in the Fitness Centre at MRHS. An athletic fee of $10 must be paid to Ms. Evans-Renaud or Mr. MacDonald to help defray the cost of the pool.
- Wrestling practice goes on Mondays from 3:30 to 5:30pm and Wednesdays from 4:00 to 6:00pm.
- Men’s Rugby Practice Tuesday – Friday from 3:30 – 5:30 and Saturday morning from 9:00 am-11:00 am. Anyone interested in playing on the men’s rugby team must be at the practices or see Mr. Stewart this week.
- Student Services has received the updated information on the 4H Scholarships. Please see Ms.Toombs or Ms.Victor for information.
- Holland College will be here on April 6th at 11:45-12:30 to answer any questions you may have in regards to scholarships at Holland College. Even if students have not heard on admission they should be preparing to apply to scholarships. See Ms.Victor or Ms.Toombs for a time.
- UPEI will be here all day on April 5th, for First Year Advisement, students who are planning on attending must sign up with Ms.Victor or Ms. Toombs. This is a session where UPEI will do your first semester registration of courses and assure that you get what you need as well as provide you with valuable first year information. There will be a morning and afternoon session so please see one of the counsellors.
- There will be a Parent Information meeting for students involved in the Maple Leaf Exchange on Wednesday, April 6 at 6pm here at the school.
- Student Council is participating in a clothing drive. Get a head start on your spring cleaning and bring in any used clothes or shoes. Clothing with small stains are also welcome as all items collected are distributed. Please drop off your items in your home room before Friday, April 11.
- The following students should see Mrs. Killeen ASAP to discuss their library accounts, which have overdue items from Fall 2015:Jake Banks, Keegan Creed, Dustin Fleming, Isaac Kemp, Keighan White, David Thomas, Owen Collier, Taylor G MacDonald, Emma Mullaly, Cameron Pollard, Dawn Boudreault, John Campbell, Noah Inman, Grace Boyce, Matthew Quinn, Taylor McDonald, Cordell Blaisdell, Chaucer Fraser, Chloe Harris, Marlee Clark, Jakob Gosbee, Jasmine Knight, Sklyer Sentner, Tori MacSwain, Dustin Ross, Maria Ferguson, Justin MacKay, Daniel Martell, Milo Ryan, Haley MacIntyre, and Samantha Pirch.
- Mindful Mondays: helping teens de-stress. Come and see Ms.Victor and Ms.Toombs in the Library Conference room to learn about how to put some strategies in place to deal with stress. Meeting on Mondays in the Library Conference room from 12:00 to 12:30pm.
- The library monitors have some puzzles set up in the library. They will rotate the puzzles every few weeks, with increasing difficulty. Stop by before school or at lunch and work on it by yourself or with a friend.
- Teachers, please remember book inventory is due April 11th to Mrs. Killeen.
- Grads, please get started on your Viking Pin applications! They are due soonish! Obtaining signatures can be time consuming. Pick up a copy in the library!
- Last week for “Guess Who’s Reading Contest”! Check out the library display and get your entry in for a chance to win a gift card to Chapters this Thursday!
- The following Grads should have their Grad Write Ups in by 9 am tomorrow, Thursday, March 31: Jake Banks, Jacob Bedell, Chris Benoit, Cordell Blaisdell, Dawn Boudreault, Kai Boyle, Brandon Brydon, Bailie Campbell, Brandon Cann, Allie Cheverie, Marlee Clark, Danielle Collings, Kolton Compton, Partricia Crant, Cailyn Ferguson, Kyle Gregory, Jory Donovan, Chaucer Fraser, Ben Gallant, Matthew Gallo, Noah Garnuhum, Melissa Greencorn, Amanda Gormley, Christian Howe, Abbie Hume, Derian Johnston, Fallyn Johnston, Harrison Jenkins, Pasha Jorden, Isaac King, Kaylea Macallum, Billie MacKay, Ethan MacKay, Emma MacKinnon, Carley Maclean, Hannah MacKinnon, Morgan MacSwain, Taylor Matheson, Dawson McCarthy, Patrik McGee, Anthony McGuigan, Abby McMunus, Serena McMullin, Jessica Pirch, Victoria Pineau, Ryan Osborne, Emma Murphy, Cody Powers, Dustin Ross, Tristan Schultz, Jonathan Shellekens, Brandon Smith, David Thompson, David Thomas, Jimmy Welsh-Kerr, Jonah Wilson and Owen Williams.
- Next week is Spring Fling Week. We will be having our dance on Friday. Tickets are $8 and will be available in the ticket booth Monday to Wednesday of next week. Sign in contracts are due on Monday, April 4 and are available in the office.
We will also be having a dress up week: Memory Monday ( wear something that has a memory attached to it eg: I love my NY shirt team shirt etc.), Tropical Tuesday, Wildlife Wednesday, Thug Thursday, and Tie Dye Friday. We will be a photo booth in the student council room and we will be having another Instagram hashtag competition. There will be daily draws for bags of candy so be sure to participate!
- Chapters Indigo Book Club pick for the month of March is Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews. The next meeting is Thursday, March 31, at 7pm at the Charlottetown store. New members are welcome. See Mrs. Killeen for details.
- Friday Song Requests can be submitted to Ms. Nabuurs or Haley MacLeod.
- Breakfast Club is up and running, and is open for all students.
- The Fitness Centre is open for students Monday to Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 pm.
- Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Christie Beck.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee each year. Payment should be made to the office.