It is a “D-C” day!
Happy Birthday to Jared MacPhee
Welcome to the following guest staff: Kirk White for Andrew Henderson (am), Nicole Butler for Sandra Hicken, Morgan Hennessey for Karen Malone, Maria McCarron for Toby Murphy, Bronwyn Clark for Dawn MacIsaac, Adam Clow for Maureen MacDonald, and Helena Jamieson for Dawn Martell.
- Cafeteria Easter Special which was to be held today is postponed until March 31.
- Students who have paid for the ski trip can use their money for the next grad activity or get a refund.
- E-Cigarettes & Vapor Cigarettes: E-cigarettes contain nicotine and, as such, fall under the ELSB policy on Tobacco and Smoke-free Environments which prohibits the use of any such products on school property.
- Congratulations to Rose Henbest who won in the semi-final level of Poetry in Voice. Rose will be competing at the Nationals in Toronto in April. Congratulations and good luck as you represent PEI in the Nationals!
- Men’s touch Rugby will be held every day at 12:00 in the gym.
- Men’s Rugby Practice Tuesday – Friday from 3:30 – 5:30 and Saturday morning from 9:00 am-11:00 am. Anyone interested in playing on the men’s rugby team must be at the practices or see Mr. Stewart this week.
- Triathlon: If you are training with Ms. Evans-Renaud and Mr. MacDonald, swimming will be at 7:00am at the AFC on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings will be in the Fitness Centre at MRHS. An athletic fee of $10 must be paid to Ms. Evans-Renaud or Mr. MacDonald to help defray the cost of the pool.
- Wrestling practice goes on Mondays from 3:30 to 5:30pm and Wednesdays from 4:00 to 6:00pm.
- Women’s Rugby Practice Schedule
- Tuesday 3:30 pm (depending on weather – watch the announcements today!)
- Wednesday 3:30 pm and Thursday 3:30 pm. Bring indoor clothing this week.
- Badminton Tryout Schedule for this week: Wednesday 3:30 pm and Thursday 3:30 pm.
- Next week: Monday 3:30 pm, Tuesday 3:30 pm, and Wednesday 3:30 pm.
- Attendance is mandatory if you want to be considered for the team.
- Student Services has received the updated information on the 4H Scholarships. Please see Ms.Toombs or Ms.Victor for information.
- Holland College will be here on April 6th at 11:45-12:30 to answer any questions you may have in regards to scholarships at Holland College. Even if students have not heard on admission they should be preparing to apply to scholarships. See Ms.Victor or Ms.Toombs for a time.
- UPEI will be here all day on April 5th, for First Year Advisement, students who are planning on attending must sign up with Ms.Victor or Ms. Toombs. This is a session where UPEI will do your first semester registration of courses and assure that you get what you need as well as provide you with valuable first year information. There will be a morning and afternoon session so please see one of the counsellors.
- There will be a Parent Information meeting for students involved in the Maple Leaf Exchange on Wednesday, April 6 at 6pm here at the school.
- Student Council is participating in a clothing drive. Get a head start on your spring cleaning and bring in any used clothes or shoes. Clothing with small stains are also welcome as all items collected are distributed. Please drop off your items to the main office before Friday, April 1.
- The following students should see Mrs. Killeen ASAP to discuss their library accounts, which have overdue items from Fall 2015:Jake Banks, Keegan Creed, Dustin Fleming, Isaac Kemp, Keighan White, David Thomas, Owen Collier, Taylor G MacDonald, Emma Mullaly, Cameron Pollard, Dawn Boudreault, John Campbell, Noah Inman, Grace Boyce, Matthew Quinn, Taylor McDonald, Cordell Blaisdell, Chaucer Fraser, Chloe Harris, Marlee Clark, Jakob Gosbee, Jasmine Knight, Sklyer Sentner, Tori MacSwain, Dustin Ross, Maria Ferguson, Justin MacKay, Daniel Martell, Milo Ryan, Haley MacIntyre, and Samantha Pirch.
- Mindful Mondays: helping teens de-stress. Come and see Ms.Victor and Ms.Toombs in the Library Conference room to learn about how to put some strategies in place to deal with stress. Meeting on Mondays in the Library Conference room from 12:00 to 12:30pm.
- The library monitors have some puzzles set up in the library. They will rotate the puzzles every few weeks, with increasing difficulty. Stop by before school or at lunch and work on it by yourself or with a friend.
- Teachers, please remember book inventory is due April 11th to Mrs. Killeen.
- Grads, please get started on your Viking Pin applications! They are due soonish! Obtaining signatures can be time consuming. Pick up a copy in the library!
- Last week for “Guess Who’s Reading Contest”! Check out the library display and get your entry in for a chance to win a gift card to Chapters this Thursday!
- Chapters Indigo Book Club pick for the month of March is Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews. The next meeting is Thursday, March 31, at 7pm at the Charlottetown store. New members are welcome. See Mrs. Killeen for details.
- Friday Song Requests can be submitted to Ms. Nabuurs or Haley MacLeod.
- Breakfast Club is up and running, and is open for all students.
- The Fitness Centre is open for students Monday to Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 pm.
- Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Christie Beck.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee each year. Payment should be made to the office.