It is a “(C-D)” day!
Welcome to the following guest staff: Adam Clow for Maureen MacDonald, Kirk White for Dawn MacIsaac, Andrea Crane for Gail Johnston and Helena Jamieson for Dawn Martell.
- Cafeteria Easter Special which was to be held today is postponed until March 31.
- Students who have paid for the ski trip can use their money for the next grad activity or get a refund.
- No Jazz Band or R & B Band rehearsals this week. Both will resume after the March break.
- Congratulations to the following medal winners in the Skills Competition: Olivia Frankfurt who got the bronze in Culinary, Cody Powers who got silver in Automotive and Derek Snook who got gold in welding and will be moving on to the National Competition in Moncton. A big congratulations also to Christian Howe for being one of the guest speakers as a former Skills Competition gold medal finalist!
- E-Cigarettes & Vapor Cigarettes: E-cigarettes contain nicotine and, as such, fall under the ELSB policy on Tobacco and Smoke-free Environments which prohibits the use of any such products on school property.
- The following students are asked to return magazines before end of day Thursday: Daniel Grant, Justin MacKay, Jimmy Welsh-Kerr, Brandon Quinn, Jarrett King.
- Men’s touch Rugby will be held every day at 12:00 in the gym.
- Men’s Rugby practice will be held Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday at lunch and after school from 3:30-5:30 pm.
- Triathlon: If you are training with Ms. Evans-Renaud and Mr. MacDonald, swimming will be at 7:00am at the AFC on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings will be in the Fitness Centre at MRHS. An athletic fee of $10 must be paid to Ms. Evans-Renaud or Mr. MacDonald to help defray the cost of the pool.
- Wrestling practice goes on Mondays from 3:30 to 5:30pm and Wednesdays from 4:00 to 6:00pm.
- Lacross PEI invites Montague Regional High students to a Try Lacrosse Session on March 16th, 6-8 pm at Morell Regional High School. Open to guys and girls ages 5-17 (as of Jan 1, 2016). Indoor footwear is required but all other equipment is provided. There is no cost for this event.
- Patrick’s Day Culinary Meal is being held today. Come and celebrate the luck of the Irish with Culinary! Enjoy savory pistachio twists, hearty Irish stew with a fresh out of the oven cheese biscuit, and creamy mint shamrock ice cream. Wash it all down with a glass of sherbet based Saint Patrick’s punch. Price of the meal is $8 and you can reserve your meal starting Monday, March 14.
- Chapters Indigo Book Club pick for the month of March is Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews. The next meeting is Thursday, March 31, at 7pm at the Charlottetown store. New members are welcome. See Mrs. Killeen for details.
- Student Services has received the updated information on the 4H Scholarships. Please see Ms.Toombs or Ms.Victor for information.
- There will be a Parent Information meeting for students involved in the Maple Leaf Exchange on Wednesday, April 6 at 6pm here at the school.
- Student Council is participating in a clothing drive. Get a head start on your spring cleaning and bring in any used clothes or shoes. Clothing with small stains are also welcome as all items collected are distributed. Please drop off your items to the main office before Friday, April 1.
- The following students should see Mrs. Killeen ASAP (before March break) to discuss their library accounts, which have overdue items from Fall 2015:Jake Banks, Keegan Creed, Dustin Fleming, Isaac Kemp, Keighan White, David Thomas, Owen Collier, Taylor G MacDonald, Emma Mullaly, Cameron Pollard, Dawn Boudreault, John Campbell, Noah Inman, Kristin MacDonald, Grace Boyce, Matthew Quinn, Taylor McDonald, Cordell Blaisdell, Chaucer Fraser, Chloe Harris, Morgan Therien, Marlee Clark, Jakob Gosbee, Jasmine Knight, Sklyer Sentner, Tori MacSwain, Dustin Ross, Maria Ferguson, Justin MacKay, Daniel Martell, Milo Ryan,Haley MacIntyre, and .Samantha Pirch
- Mindful Mondays: helping teens de-stress. Come and see Ms.Victor and Ms.Toombs in the Library Conference room to learn about how to put some strategies in place to deal with stress. Meeting on Mondays in the Library Conference room from 12:00 to 12:30pm.
- The library monitors have some puzzles set up in the library. They will rotate the puzzles every few weeks, with increasing difficulty. Stop by before school or at lunch and work on it by yourself or with a friend.
- Friday Song Requests can be submitted to Ms. Nabuurs or Haley MacLeod.
- Breakfast Club is up and running, and is open for all students.
- The Fitness Centre is open for students Monday to Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 pm.
- Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Christie Beck.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee each year. Payment should be made to the office.