It is a “(D-C)” day!
Happy Birthday to Owen MacDonald and Kayla MacLeod.
Welcome to the following guest staff: Adam Clow for Maureen MacDonald, Robert Nicholson for Matthew Killeen, Colin Clarke for Karen Malone, Michael Brothers for Christie Beck, Blanche Moyaert for Sandra Hicken, Robert Nicholson for Matthew Killeen, Caleigh Oehike for Jennifer Murphy, Andrea Crane for Toby Murphy, Brodie Ward for Jen Victor, Harold Brothers for Peter Connaughton and Helena Jamieson for Dawn Martell.
- Cafeteria Easter Special which was to be held today is postponed until March 31.
- Due to the icy/wet forecast, the grade 12 ski trip has been cancelled. Students who have paid can use their money for the next grad activity or get a refund.
- There will be regular classes for all grade 12 students tomorrow, Wednesday, March 16, 2016.
- No Jazz Band or R & B Band rehearsals this week. Both will resume after the March break.
- Congratulations to Mark Morrison who won the gold medal in the N.S. Provincial Snowboard Championship Giant Slalom!
- E-Cigarettes & Vapor Cigarettes: E-cigarettes contain nicotine and, as such, fall under the ELSB policy on Tobacco and Smoke-free Environments which prohibits the use of any such products on school property.
- The following students are asked to return magazines before end of day Thursday: Daniel Grant, Justin MacKay, Jimmy Welsh-Kerr, Brandon Quinn, Jarrett King.
- Men’s touch Rugby will be held every day at 12:00 in the gym.
- Men’s Rugby practice will be held Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday at lunch and after school from 3:30-5:30 pm.
- Triathlon: If you are training with Ms. Evans-Renaud and Mr. MacDonald, swimming will be at 7:00am at the AFC on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings will be in the Fitness Centre at MRHS. An athletic fee of $10 must be paid to Ms. Evans-Renaud or Mr. MacDonald to help defray the cost of the pool.
- Wrestling practice goes on Mondays from 3:30 to 5:30pm and Wednesdays from 4:00 to 6:00pm.
- Lacross PEI invites Montague Regional High students to a Try Lacrosse Session on March 16th, 6-8 pm at Morell Regional High School. Open to guys and girls ages 5-17 (as of Jan 1, 2016). Indoor footwear is required but all other equipment is provided. There is no cost for this event.
- The MRHS Athletic Department is pleased to welcome grade 3 students from Montague Consolidated, Southern Kings Consolidated, and Belfast schools to the Sport Fair being hosted in our gym this morning by Sport PEI, a number of Provincial Sport Organizations, and the MRHS leadership class.
- Child Care 802– Anyone who has signed up to take the child care class next year MUST fill in an application form and drop it off at the office before March Break. The application form can be picked up from Kelly in the office. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Mrs. Hicken.
- Patrick’s Day Culinary Meal: On Thursday, March 17, come and celebrate the luck of the Irish with Culinary! Enjoy savory pistachio twists, hearty Irish stew with a fresh out of the oven cheese biscuit, and creamy mint shamrock ice cream. Wash it all down with a glass of sherbet based Saint Patrick’s punch. Price of the meal is $8 and you can reserve your meal starting Monday, March 14.
- Chapters Indigo Book Club pick for the month of March is Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews. The next meeting is Thursday, March 31, at 7pm at the Charlottetown store. New members are welcome. See Mrs. Killeen for details.
- Student Services has received the updated information on the 4H Scholarships. Please see Ms.Toombs or Ms.Victor for information.
- There will be a Parent Information meeting for students involved in the Maple Leaf Exchange on Wednesday, April 16 at 6pm here at the school.
- The following students should see Mrs. Killeen ASAP (before March break) to discuss their library accounts, which have overdue items from Fall 2015: Jake Banks, Keegan Creed, Ben Gallant, Nathan Messer, Dustin Fleming, Isaac Kemp, Keighan White, Matthew Beck, David Thomas, Owen Collier, Taylor G MacDonald, Emma Mullaly, Cameron Pollard, Dawn Boudreault, John Campbell, Noah Inman, Kristin MacDonald, Grace Boyce, Jasmine Katz, Ella Kingdon, Matthew Quinn, Taylor McDonald, Cordell Blaisdell, Chaucer Fraser, Chloe Harris, Morgan Therien, Marlee Clark, Jakob Gosbee, Jasmine Knight, Sklyer Sentner, Tori MacSwain, Dustin Ross, Maria Ferguson, Justin MacKay, Daniel Martell, Milo Ryan, Nate VanIderstine, Haley MacIntyre, and .Samantha Pirch
- Mindful Mondays: helping teens de-stress. Come and see Ms.Victor and Ms.Toombs in the Library Conference room to learn about how to put some strategies in place to deal with stress. Meeting on Mondays in the Library Conference room from 12:00 to 12:30pm.
- The library monitors have some puzzles set up in the library. They will rotate the puzzles every few weeks, with increasing difficulty. Stop by before school or at lunch and work on it by yourself or with a friend.
- Friday Song Requests can be submitted to Ms. Nabuurs or Haley MacLeod.
- Breakfast Club is up and running, and is open for all students.
- The Fitness Centre is open for students Monday to Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 pm.
- Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Christie Beck.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee each year. Payment should be made to the office.