It is a “(C-D)” day!
Happy Birthday to Lucas MacAulay and Chandler Skinner!
Welcome to the following guest staff: Dean Lackie for Chantelle Beaton, Colin Clarke for Matt Killeen, Denise McGillivray for Toby Murphy and Helena Jamieson for Dawn Martell.
- E-Cigarettes & Vapor Cigarettes: E-cigarettes contain nicotine and, as such, fall under the ELSB policy on Tobacco and Smoke-free Environments which prohibits the use of any such products on school property.
- Cafeteria Easter Special on Wednesday, March 16 is postponed until March 31.
- Congratulations to Mark Morrison who won the gold medal in the N.S. Provincial Snowboard Championship Giant Slalom!
- There is a MANDATORY men’s rugby team meeting today at noon in the Robotics lab 249. All players who plan to go to the tournament in Saint John MUST attend!
- The library will be closed after school today. Sorry for the inconvenience.
- Monique Visser to the library please.
- There will not be regular choir after school today at Montague High. Instead, the Disney Choir will be presenting their Disney performance for us Islanders. The performance will take place at 3:30 pm in the high school cafeteria. All are welcome!
- There will be choir on Wednesday morning at 7:30 am.
- There is no band concert today. Concert band will resume on Tuesday, March 29 at 7:30 am.
- Grad write-ups are due today. They need to be sent to email@example.com by the end of the day.
- Men’s touch Rugby will be held every day at 12:00 in the gym.
- Men’s Rugby practice will be held Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday evenings from 3:30-5:00 pm.
- Triathlon: If you are training with Ms. Evans-Renaud and Mr. MacDonald, swimming will be at 7:00am at the AFC on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings will be in the Fitness Centre at MRHS. An athletic fee of $10 must be paid to Ms. Evans-Renaud or Mr. MacDonald to help defray the cost of the pool.
- Wrestling practice goes on Mondays from 3:30 to 5:30pm and Wednesdays from 4:00 to 6:00pm.
- Lacross PEI invites Montague Regional High students to a Try Lacrosse Session on March 16th, 6-8 pm at Morell Regional High School. Open to guys and girls ages 5-17 (as of Jan 1, 2016). Indoor footwear is required but all other equipment is provided. There is no cost for this event.
- Child Care 802– Anyone who has signed up to take the child care class next year MUST fill in an application form and drop it off at the office before March Break. The application form can be picked up from Kelly in the office. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Mrs. Hicken.
- Patrick’s Day Culinary Meal: On Thursday, March 17, come and celebrate the luck of the Irish with Culinary! Enjoy savory pistachio twists, hearty Irish stew with a fresh out of the oven cheese biscuit, and creamy mint shamrock ice cream. Wash it all down with a glass of sherbet based Saint Patrick’s punch. Price of the meal is $8 and you can reserve your meal starting Monday, March 14.
- Chapters Indigo Book Club pick for the month of March is Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews. The next meeting is Thursday, March 31, at 7pm at the Charlottetown store. New members are welcome. See Mrs. Killeen for details.
- Student Services has received the updated information on the 4H Scholarships. Please see Ms.Toombs or Ms.Victor for information.
- There will be a Parent Information meeting for students involved in the Maple Leaf Exchange on Wednesday, April 16 at 6pm here at the school.
- Grads: The Ski trip is postponed until next Wednesday, March 16. Grads will be travelling to Brookvale Ski Park for an afternoon and evening of skiing. Cost is $20, which includes all rental equipment, lift ticket, and transportation. Busses will be leaving from the school at 12:00 pm on March 16 and returning to the school at approximately 7:00 pm. ALL STUDENTS MUST TRAVEL BY BUS. Students must also have a signed release form to attend the activity.
- Mindful Mondays: helping teens de-stress. Come and see Ms.Victor and Ms.Toombs in the Library Conference room to learn about how to put some strategies in place to deal with stress. Meeting on Mondays in the Library Conference room from 12:00 to 12:30pm.
- The library monitors have some puzzles set up in the library. They will rotate the puzzles every few weeks, with increasing difficulty. Stop by before school or at lunch and work on it by yourself or with a friend.
- Friday Song Requests can be submitted to Ms. Nabuurs or Haley MacLeod.
- Breakfast Club is up and running, and is open for all students.
- The Fitness Centre is open for students Monday to Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 pm.
- Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Christie Beck.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee each year. Payment should be made to the office.