It is a “(D-C)” day!
Happy Birthday to Logan O’Neill, Grace Peardon, who are celebrating today and also to Bryanna Noonan,Sophia Brothers, and Taylor T. MacDonald who celebrated on the weekend!
Welcome to the following guest staff: Adam Clow for Matt Kelly, Harris Campbell for Michael Stewart, Dean Lackie for Ronnie Munn, Colin Clarke for Kelly Pike, Denise McGillivray for Pauline Kelly, Andrea Crane for Yvonne Higgins and Helena Jamieson for Dawn Martell.
- E-Cigarettes & Vapor Cigarettes: E-cigarettes contain nicotine and, as such, fall under the ELSB policy on Tobacco and Smoke-free Environments which prohibits the use of any such products on school property.
- Cafeteria Easter Special on Wednesday, March 16: Pineapple topped baked ham, scalloped potatoes, seasonal vegetables, dessert and a milk – all for $6.50. Tickets are on sale until March 11. Get yours now!
- Congratulations to Derek Snook who finished in the top 3 at the Welding Skills Competition that was held last Thursday.
- Congratulations to Olivia Frankfurt who placed in the top 3 in the Cooking Competition for Skills PEI.
- Congratulations to Mark Morrison who won the bronze medal in the N.S. Provincial Snowboard Championship.
- Any male students interested in Spring Volleyball should contact Ross Power at 902-969-3465.
- There is no band concert tomorrow. Concert band will resume on Tuesday, March 29 at 7:30am.
- Men’s touch Rugby will be held every day at 12:00 in the gym.
- There will be no men’s rugby today after school.
- Men’s Rugby practice will be held Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday at lunch and after school from 3:30-5:30 pm.
- The bus to power lifting provincials leaves tomorrow (Tuesday) morning from MRHS at 6:30 sharp. Don’t be late! Any power lifters who haven’t paid their fees should pay Ms. Nabuurs today at noon in the PE office. Fee is $15 if power lifting is your first sport, $10 if you’ve played another sport this year. Good luck to all lifters!
- All Power Lifters who are competing at provincials on March 15 are expected to be training at least twice a week in the fitness centre. Team practices will be held on Tuesday, March 8, after school. All lifters competing at provincials are expected to attend.
- Triathlon: If you are training with Ms. Evans-Renaud and Mr. MacDonald, swimming will be at 7:00am at the AFC on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings will be in the Fitness Centre at MRHS. An athletic fee of $10 must be paid to Ms. Evans-Renaud or Mr. MacDonald to help defray the cost of the pool.
- Wrestling practice goes on Mondays from 3:30 to 5:30pm and Wednesdays from 4:00 to 6:00pm.
- Lacross PEI invites Montague Regional High students to a Try Lacrosse Session on March 16th, 6-8 pm at Morell Regional High School. Open to guys and girls ages 5-17 (as of Jan 1, 2016). Indoor footwear is required but all other equipment is provided. There is no cost for this event.
- Congratulations to the women’s basketball team and on a well-played PEISAA AAA bronze medal game vs. TOSH. The whole team made MRHS Athletics proud. Thank you to coaches Dale Farish and David Boyce for their hard work and dedication this season.
- Congratulations to the following athletes who were named PEISAA Basketball League All Stars:
Zoie Farish AAA League 2nd Team All Star
Kyle Parlee A League 1st Team All Star
Dyllin Bernard A League 2nd Team All Star
David Thompson A League 2nd Team All Star
- A big congratulations to the Kings County Kings girls who were crowned Provincial Champions Friday evening. The girls won 4-2 in the fifth game of the series vs Charlottetown. They will now advance to Atlantics being held in Charlottetown at the end of the month!
- Child Care 802– Anyone who has signed up to take the child care class next year MUST fill in an application form and drop it off at the office before March Break. The application form can be picked up from Kelly in the office. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Mrs. Hicken.
- Patrick’s Day Culinary Meal: On Thursday, March 17, come and celebrate the luck of the Irish with Culinary! Enjoy savory pistachio twists, hearty Irish stew with a fresh out of the oven cheese biscuit, and creamy mint shamrock ice cream. Wash it all down with a glass of sherbet based Saint Patrick’s punch. Price of the meal is $8 and you can reserve your meal starting Monday, March 14.
- Chapters Indigo Book Club pick for the month of March is Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews. The next meeting is Thursday, March 31, at 7pm at the Charlottetown store. New members are welcome. See Mrs. Killeen for details.
- Leadership students, Jess and Amy, have created a “Guess Who’s Reading” contest in the library.
Visit the library to guess the 12 staff and their favourite books. Contest has been extended to March 31st.
All winners will be put in a draw for a gift card from Chapters Indigo! See Mrs. Killeen for more details.
- Get yourself a book for March/Easter break. See Mrs. Killeen in the library before Thursday.
- Today is Pi day!!
Want to read about why pi exists? What about mathematical scandals?
Visit the library and see Mrs. Killeen for one of these exciting reads today.
There’s also pi puzzles and more!
- Don’t forget grad write-ups are due tomorrow, Tuesday, March 15. They need to be sent to email@example.com by the end of the day tomorrow!
- Due to the Grade 12 ski trip this Wednesday the cafeteria will be postponing our Easter Ham dinner until after March break. It will be on March 31.
- Grads: The Ski trip is postponed until next Wednesday, March 16. Grads will be travelling to Brookvale Ski Park for an afternoon and evening of skiing. Cost is $20, which includes all rental equipment, lift ticket, and transportation. Busses will be leaving from the school at 12:00 pm on March 16 and returning to the school at approximately 7:00 pm. ALL STUDENTS MUST TRAVEL BY BUS. Students must also have a signed release form to attend the activity.
- Mindful Mondays: helping teens de-stress. Come and see Ms.Victor and Ms.Toombs in the Library Conference room to learn about how to put some strategies in place to deal with stress. Meeting on Mondays in the Library Conference room from 12:00 to 12:30pm.
- The library monitors have some puzzles set up in the library. They will rotate the puzzles every few weeks, with increasing difficulty. Stop by before school or at lunch and work on it by yourself or with a friend.
- Want to win a Galaxy Tablet? Visit scholastic.ca/contests for complete details or contact Mrs. Killeen for more information. Deadline for entries is March 11, 2016.
- Friday Song Requests can be submitted to Ms. Nabuurs or Haley MacLeod.
- Breakfast Club is up and running, and is open for all students.
- The Fitness Centre is open for students Monday to Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 pm.
- Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Christie Beck.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee each year. Payment should be made to the office.