It is a “(D-C)” Day!
Happy Birthday to two of our staff members Karen Malone and Alana Trainor!
Welcome to the following guest staff: Adam Clow for Matt Kelly, Dean Lackie for Ronald Munn, Colin Clarke for Kirk White, Marla McCarron for Gail Greene, Denise McGillivray for Lynn Hayes, Colleen Norris for Kristina McLane(pm), and Helena Jamieson for Dawn Martell.
- E-Cigarettes & Vapor Cigarettes: E-cigarettes contain nicotine and, as such, fall under the ELSB policy on Tobacco and Smoke-free Environments which prohibits the use of any such products on school property.
- Cafeteria Easter Special on Wednesday, March 16: Pineapple topped baked ham, scalloped potatoes, seasonal vegetables, dessert and a milk – all for $6.50. Tickets are on sale until March 11. Get yours now!
- This week’s Culinary meal will be Chinese themed: a delicious meatless chop suey with better than takeout fried rice with chicken cooked in teriyaki sauce, served with a soft and fluffy Chinese steamed bun. Dessert is a light chocolate mango parfait and a refreshing carrot, orange, and pineapple juice to quench your thirst. Meal will be served on March 10, cost is $8. Reserve your meal at the ticket booth or see Ms. Anderson.
- Congratulations to Derek Snook who finished in the top 3 at the Welding Skills Competition that was held last Thursday.
- Congratulations to Olivia Frankfurt who placed in the top 3 in the Cooking Competition for Skills PEI.
- Congratulations to Mark Morrison who won the bronze medal in the N.S. Provincial Snowboard Championship.
- There will be an Environment Club meeting today, Wednesday, at 12:00 in room 131. New Members are welcome!
- Would the following students please see Mr. Lea before the end of the day: John Ployer, Cameron Davies, Sierra MacDonald, Kestra Greer, Maddy Delodder, and Liam Hatton.
- Men’s touch Rugby will be held every day at 12:00 in the gym.
- Men’s Rugby practice will be held Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday evenings from 3:30-5:00 pm.
- All Power Lifters who are competing at provincials on March 15 are expected to be training at least twice a week in the fitness centre. Team practices will be held on Tuesday, March 8, after school. All lifters competing at provincials are expected to attend.
- Lacross PEI invites Montague Regional High students to a Try Lacrosse Session on March 16th, 6-8 pm at Morell Regional High School. Open to guys and girls ages 5-17 (as of Jan 1, 2016). Indoor footwear is required but all other equipment is provided. There is no cost for this event.
- Congratulations to the women’s basketball team and on a well-played PEISAA AAA bronze medal game vs. TOSH. The whole team made MRHS Athletics proud. Thank you to coaches Dale Farish and David Boyce for their hard work and dedication this season.
- Congratulations to the following athletes who were named PEISAA Basketball League All Stars:
- Zoie Farish AAA League 2nd Team All Stars:
- Kyle Parlee A League 1st Team All Star
- Dyllin Bernard A League 2nd Team All Star
- David Thompson A League 2nd Team All Star
- Patrick’s Day Culinary Meal: On Thursday, March 17, come and celebrate the luck of the Irish with Culinary! Enjoy savory pistachio twists, hearty Irish stew with a fresh out of the oven cheese biscuit, and creamy mint shamrock ice cream. Wash it all down with a glass of sherbet based Saint Patrick’s punch. Price of the meal is $8 and you can reserve your meal starting Monday, March 14.
- Chapters Indigo Book Club pick for the month of March is Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews. The next meeting is Thursday, March 31, at 7pm at the Charlottetown store. New members are welcome. See Mrs. Killeen for details.
- Grads: On March 9, Grads will be travelling to Brookvale Ski Park for an afternoon and evening of skiing. Cost is $20, which includes all rental equipment, lift ticket, and transportation. Sign up all week at lunch. Busses will be leaving from the school at 12:00 pm on the March 9 and returning to the school at approximately 7:00 pm. ALL STUDENTS MUST TRAVEL BY BUS. Students must also have a signed release form to attend the activity.
- Leadership students, Jess and Amy, have created a “Guess Who’s Reading” contest in the library.
Visit the library to guess the 12 staff and their favourite books. Contest closes March 10. All winners will be put in a draw for a gift card from Chapters Indigo! See Mrs. Killeen for more details.
- Mindful Mondays: helping teens de-stress. Come and see Ms.Victor and Ms.Toombs in the Library Conference room to learn about how to put some strategies in place to deal with stress. Meeting on Mondays in the Library Conference room from 12:00 to 12:30pm.
- The library monitors have some puzzles set up in the library. They will rotate the puzzles every few weeks, with increasing difficulty. Stop by before school or at lunch and work on it by yourself or with a friend.
- Want to win a Galaxy Tablet? Visit scholastic.ca/contests for complete details or contact Mrs. Killeen for more information. Deadline for entries is March 11, 2016.
- Triathlon: If you are training with Ms. Evans-Renaud and Mr. MacDonald, swimming will be at 7:00am at the AFC on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings will be in the Fitness Centre at MRHS. An athletic fee of $10 must be paid to Ms. Evans-Renaud or Mr. MacDonald to help defray the cost of the pool.
- Wrestling practice goes on Mondays from 3:30 to 5:30pm and Wednesdays from 4:00 to 6:00pm.
- Friday Song Requests can be submitted to Ms. Nabuurs or Haley MacLeod.
- Breakfast Club is up and running, and is open for all students.
- The Fitness Centre is open for students Monday to Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 pm.
- Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Christie Beck.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee each year. Payment should be made to the office.