This is a “(D-C)” day!
Happy Birthday to Tanner Crant, Lauren Smith and Jimmy Welsh-Kerr who are celebrating today and also to Brooke Robertson and Noah Garnhum who celebrated on the weekend.
Welcome to the following guest staff: Adam Clow for Matt Kelly, Harold Brothers for Peter Connaughton, Hailey Batchilder for Angela Killeen, Harris Campbell for Natasha Nabuurs, Miranda MacLeod for Sandra Hicken, Dean Lackie for Ronald Munn, Helena Jamieson for Dawn Martell.
- E-Cigarettes & Vapor Cigarettes: E-cigarettes contain nicotine and, as such, fall under the ELSB policy on Tobacco and Smoke-free Environments which prohibits the use of any such products on school property.
- Cafeteria Easter Special on Wednesday, March 16: Pineapple topped baked ham, scalloped potatoes, seasonal vegetables, dessert and a milk – all for $6.50. Tickets are on sale until March 11. Get yours now!
- Next week’s Culinary meal will be Chinese themed: a delicious meatless chop suey with better than takeout fried rice with chicken cooked in teriyaki sauce, served with a soft and fluffy Chinese steamed bun. Dessert is a light chocolate mango parfait and a refreshing carrot, orange, and pineapple juice to quench your thirst. Meal will be served on March 10, cost is $8. Reserve your meal at the ticket booth or see Ms. Anderson.
- Student Council is hosting an ‘All you can Eat’ dessert party for $5.00 Tuesday, March 8 in the cafeteria from 6:00 – 8:00.
- Congratulations to Derek Snook who finished in the top 3 at the Welding Skills Competition that was held last Thursday.
- Congratulations to Mark Morrison who won the bronze medal in the N.S. Provincial Snowboard Championship.
- All Calculus 611B students are invited to a UPEI presentation on possible careers for those who enjoy calculus and computer science courses. The presentation is in room 221 at 11:15 – 11:45 TODAY. Please be advised you should have permission from your B Block teachers to attend.
- The fitness centre will be closed today after school.
- Men’s touch Rugby will be held every day at 12:00 in the gym.
- Men’s Rugby practice will be held Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday evenings from 3:30-5:00 pm.
- All Power Lifters who are competing at provincials on March 15 are expected to be training at least twice a week in the fitness centre. Team practices will be held on Tuesday, March 8, after school. All lifters competing at provincials are expected to attend.
- Lacross PEI invites Montague Regional High students to a Try Lacrosse Session on March 16th, 6-8 pm at Morell Regional High School. Open to guys and girls ages 5-17 (as of Jan 1, 2016). Indoor footwear is required but all other equipment is provided. There is no cost for this event.
- Oulton College from Moncton, NB, will be here on March 8 at lunch time for any students interested in information. They will be set up in the lobby.
- Patrick’s Day Culinary Meal: On Thursday, March 17, come and celebrate the luck of the Irish with Culinary! Enjoy savory pistachio twists, hearty Irish stew with a fresh out of the oven cheese biscuit, and creamy mint shamrock ice cream. Wash it all down with a glass of sherbet based Saint Patrick’s punch. Price of the meal is $8 and you can reserve your meal starting Monday, March 14.
- Chapters Indigo Book Club pick for the month of March is Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews. The next meeting is Thursday, March 31, at 7pm at the Charlottetown store. New members are welcome. See Mrs. Killeen for details.
- Grads: On March 9, Grads will be travelling to Brookvale Ski Park for an afternoon and evening of skiing. Cost is $20, which includes all rental equipment, lift ticket, and transportation. Sign up all week at lunch. Busses will be leaving from the school at 12:00 pm on the March 9 and returning to the school at approximately 7:00 pm. ALL STUDENTS MUST TRAVEL BY BUS. Students must also have a signed release form to attend the activity.
- Leadership students, Jess and Amy, have created a “Guess Who’s Reading” contest in the library.
Visit the library to guess the 12 staff and their favourite books. Contest closes March 10. All winners will be put in a draw for a gift card from Chapters Indigo! See Mrs. Killeen for more details.
- Mindful Mondays: helping teens de-stress. Come and see Ms.Victor and Ms.Toombs in the Library Conference room to learn about how to put some strategies in place to deal with stress. Meeting on Mondays in the Library Conference room from 12:00 to 12:30pm.
- The library monitors have some puzzles set up in the library. They will rotate the puzzles every few weeks, with increasing difficulty. Stop by before school or at lunch and work on it by yourself or with a friend.
- Want to win a Galaxy Tablet? Visit scholastic.ca/contests for complete details or contact Mrs. Killeen for more information. Deadline for entries is March 11, 2016.
- Triathlon: If you are training with Ms. Evans-Renaud and Mr. MacDonald, swimming will be at 7:00am at the AFC on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings will be in the Fitness Centre at MRHS. An athletic fee of $10 must be paid to Ms. Evans-Renaud or Mr. MacDonald to help defray the cost of the pool.
- Wrestling practice goes on Mondays from 3:30 to 5:30pm and Wednesdays from 4:00 to 6:00pm.
- Friday Song Requests can be submitted to Ms. Nabuurs or Haley MacLeod.
- Breakfast Club is up and running, and is open for all students.
- The Fitness Centre is open for students Monday to Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 pm.
- Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Christie Beck.
All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee each year. Payment should be made to the office.