It’s a “C-D” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff: Adam Clow for Alana Trainor, Dean Lackie for Jennifer Murphy, Jenny McCarron for Lynn Hayes, and Brodie Ward.
Come on out and cheer on your eleven Montague girls who play on the Kings County Kings AAA team 6:50 this evening vs Western in Souris. It’s do or die … with the series being tied 2-2 of a best out of 5.
- Mental Wellness Presentation: Montague Consolidated School, in partnership with the PEI Department of Health and Wellness and the PEI Home and School Federation, is hosting a special presentation on student mental wellness: anxiety, coping and healthy relationships. All are welcome to attend this evening, starting at 6:30pm at Montague Consolidated School.
- Homeroom teachers have posted in their classroom the lists of overdue materials. Students, please return or renew materials at break or lunch time.
- Yearbook: Ms. McLane is taking names of interested Grade 12 students who would like to be yearbook co-editors next year. Today is the last day to see Ms. McLane if you would like to be considered.
- There will be an Environmental Club meeting today at 12:00 pm in Room 131, to prepare for our visit from the Boy’s and Girl’s Club. New members are welcome.
- Cafeteria Easter Special on Wednesday, March 16: Pineapple topped baked ham, scalloped potatoes, seasonal vegetables, dessert and a milk – all for $6.50. Tickets are on sale until March 11. Get yours now!
- Don’t forget to see Mr. Lea before Friday, March 4, if you are interested in joining the delegation of students to the John Peter’s Humphrey Model United Nations Conference at St. Thomas University in May.
- New books have arrived! Mrs. Killeen has catalogued about 3 dozen new reads. Visit the Library for something new!
- Men’s Rugby practice this week on Wednesday (today) and Thursday from 3:30 to 5:00pm.
- Women’s Rugby fitness training after school today. New members are welcome.
- MRHS Juice Box Female Athletes of the Week: The Women’s Basketball Team. The Women’s Basketball team defeated KISH 47-46 in the PEISAA AAA Quarterfinal last week. Three years ago, the team set a goal of reaching the AAA playoffs this year, and their hard work paid off! Congratulations to the team and to coaches, Dale Farish and David Boyce.
- MRHS Juice Box Male Athletes of the Week: “The Veterans”. – Jacob Bedell, Liam Hatton, David Thompson, Ryan MacEachern, Kyle Parlee. These grade 12 players are entering their final week representing MRHS on the basketball court. All of these young men have committed the past 3 years to improving their skills and persevered through many highs and lows throughout their careers. The staff and coaches are very proud of these young men and wish them the best of luck in the A Provincial Tournament this week!
- All Power Lifters who are competing at provincials on March 15 are expected to be training at least twice a week in the fitness centre. Team practices will be held today and again on March 8 after school. All lifters competing at provincials are expected to attend.
- Intramural Ball Hockey: Sign-up sheets are in the gym hallway. Teams are due on Friday, March 4. Four on four action; teams can be up to 12 players and a goalie. No mixed teams.
- MRHS Badminton team sign-up sheets are posted in the PE hallway. Athletes must sign up by this Friday!
- There will be a short, but very important meeting for all SEVEC students in Mr. Kelly’s classroom (226) at 12pm on Thursday (tomorrow) of this week. Be sure to bring your signed code of conduct sheets.
- Oulton College from Moncton, NB, will be here on March 8 at lunch time for any students interested in information. They will be set up in the lobby.
- Chapters Indigo Book Club pick for the month of March is Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews. The next meeting is Thursday, March 31, at 7pm at the Charlottetown store. New members are welcome. See Mrs. Killeen for details.
- Grads: On March 9, Grads will be travelling to Brookvale Ski Park for an afternoon and evening of skiing. Cost is $20, which includes all rental equipment, lift ticket, and transportation. Sign up all week at lunch. Busses will be leaving from the school at 12:00 pm on the March 9 and returning to the school at approximately 7:00 pm. ALL STUDENTS MUST TRAVEL BY BUS. Students must also have a signed release form to attend the activity.
- Leadership students, Jess and Amy, have created a “Guess Who’s Reading” contest in the library.
Visit the library to guess the 12 staff and their favourite books. Contest closes March 10. All winners will be put in a draw for a gift card from Chapters Indigo! See Mrs. Killeen for more details.
- Grads: If there is enough interest, there will be a second order for Grad Clothing. There needs to be a minimum of 12 items for the order. You must pay in advance. Orders will be accepted until Friday, March 4. The only items available for this order are t-shirts, dry fits, hoodies and crewnecks. Anyone interested should see Mr. MacDonald, Mr. Killeen or Ms. McInnis.
- Mindful Mondays: helping teens de-stress. Come and see Ms.Victor and Ms.Toombs in the Library Conference room to learn about how to put some strategies in place to deal with stress. Meeting on Mondays in the Library Conference room from 12:00 to 12:30pm.
- The library monitors have some puzzles set up in the library. They will rotate the puzzles every few weeks, with increasing difficulty. Stop by before school or at lunch and work on it by yourself or with a friend.
- Want to win a Galaxy Tablet? Visit scholastic.ca/contests for complete details or contact Mrs. Killeen for more information. Deadline for entries is March 11, 2016.
- Triathlon: If you are training with Ms. Evans-Renaud and Mr. MacDonald, swimming will be at 7:00am at the AFC on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings will be in the Fitness Centre at MRHS. An athletic fee of $10 must be paid to Ms. Evans-Renaud or Mr. MacDonald to help defray the cost of the pool.
- Wrestling practice goes on Mondays from 3:30 to 5:30pm and Wednesdays from 4:00 to 6:00pm.
- Ordering Your Yearbook: 2015-16 Yearbooks are on sale until February 26. Don’t be disappointed.
- Friday Song Requests can be submitted to Ms. Nabuurs or Haley MacLeod.
- Breakfast Club is up and running, and is open for all students.
- The Fitness Centre is open for students Monday to Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 pm.
- Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Christie Beck.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee each year. Payment should be made to the office.