It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to Jessie MacDonald and Julie MacKay. Belated greetings to the following students who celebrated their birthdays over this past weekend: Matthew Ferguson, Ethan Haight, Brent MacDonald, Hunter Washington, Bailey Brydon, John Campbell, Darcy MacPherson, Grace Rooney and Taylor McDonald. Special belated birthday greetings to Mr. Matthew Killeen whose birthday was on Saturday.
Welcome to the following guest staff: Denise McGillivray for Gail Johnston.
- Grads: On March 9, Grads will be travelling to Brookvale Ski Park for an afternoon and evening of skiing. Cost is $20, which includes all rental equipment, lift ticket, and transportation. Sign up all week at lunch. Busses will be leaving from the school at 12:00 pm on the March 9 and returning to the school at approximately 7:00 pm. ALL STUDENTS MUST TRAVEL BY BUS. Students must also have a signed release form to attend the activity.
- There are still Doritos left from Tacos in a Bag, so Mrs. Hicken will sell them for $1.50/bag. Please come to Room #133. First come, first served!!
- Leadership students, Jess and Amy, have created a “Guess Who’s Reading” contest in the library.
Visit the library to guess the 12 staff and their favourite books. Contest begins today and closes March 10.
All winners will be put in a draw for a gift card from Chapters Indigo! See Mrs. Killeen for more details.
- Mindful Mondays: helping teens de-stress. Come and see Ms.Victor and Ms.Toombs in the Library Conference room to learn about how to put some strategies in place to deal with stress. Meeting on Mondays in the Library Conference room from 12:00 to 12:30pm.
- Grade 12 Students: The Stacey Levitt Memorial Award is a $2,500 scholarship open to all high school students. As part of the application, you need to write an essay describing how you demonstrate living life to the fullest, helping others, while maintaining an approach that is rooted in risk management and injury prevention. Visit parachutecanada.orgfor more information, or visit Student Services. Deadline is today, February 29.
- Grads: If there is enough interest, there will be a second order for Grad Clothing. There needs to be a minimum of 12 items for the order. You must pay in advance. Orders will be accepted until Friday, March 4. The only items available for this order are t-shirts, dry fits, hoodies and crewnecks. Anyone interested should see Mr. MacDonald, Mr. Killeen or Ms. McInnis.
- Men’s Rugby practice this week on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 3:30 to 5:00pm.
- All Power Lifters who are competing at provincials on March 15 are expected to be training at least twice a week in the fitness centre. Team practices will be held on March 2 and March 8 after school. All lifters competing at provincials are expected to attend.
- Intramural Ball Hockey: Sign up sheets are in the gym hallway. Teams are due on Friday, March 4. Four on four action; teams can be up to 12 players and a goalie. No mixed teams.
- The Men’s Basketball bus will depart today at 6:00pm. Good luck to the team in their semifinal game vs Francois Buote! Game time is 8:00pm at Charlottetown Rural. Come out and cheer them on!
- The Women’s Basketball team defeated KISH in a 47-46 nail biter in the AAA women’s quarterfinal on Friday night. The women take on top-seeded Colonel Gray in the semifinals on Wednesday at 2:00pm at UPEI.
- MRHS Badminton team sign up sheets are posted in the PE hallway. Athletes must sign up by this Friday!
- Ms McLane is taking names of interested Grade 12 students who would like to be yearbook co-editors next year. Please see Ms McLane by Wednesday, March 2, if you would like to be considered.
- Oulton College from Moncton NB will be here on March 8 at lunch time for any students interested in information. They will be set up in the lobby.
- Killeen is ordering Library books and taking suggestions! Visit the Library and add to her list!
- The library monitors have some puzzles set up in the library. They will rotate the puzzles every few weeks, with increasing difficulty. Stop by before school or at lunch and work on it by yourself or with a friend.
- Want to win a Galaxy Tablet? Visit scholastic.ca/contests for complete details or contact Mrs. Killeen for more information. Deadline for entries is March 11, 2016.
- Triathlon: If you are training with Ms. Evans-Renaud and Mr. MacDonald, swimming will be at 7:00am at the AFC on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings will be in the Fitness Centre at MRHS. An athletic fee of $10 must be paid to Ms. Evans-Renaud or Mr. MacDonald to help defray the cost of the pool.
- Wrestling practice goes on Mondays from 3:30 to 5:30pm and Wednesdays from 4:00 to 6:00pm.
- Ordering Your Yearbook: 2015-16 Yearbooks are on sale until February 26. Don’t be disappointed.
- Friday Song Requests can be submitted to Ms. Nabuurs or Haley MacLeod.
- Breakfast Club is up and running, and is open for all students.
- The Fitness Centre is open for students Monday to Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 pm.
- Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Christie Beck.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee each year. Payment should be made to the office.