It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy Birthday to Nadine Blue and Abby MacLeod.
Welcome to the following guest staff: Colin Clarke for Matthew Killeen, Natasha Flood for Earl Campbell, Adam Clow for Angela Killeen, Jenny McCarron for Yvonne Higgins.
- There is a very important SEVEC meeting today in Mr. Kelly’s room (226) at 12pm.
- Tacos in a Bag – The Hospitality and Tourism class is serving Taco’s in a Bag today at lunch in the foods room (#136). Cost is $5/bag: includes a bag of Doritos covered in your choice of taco toppings and a small glass of juice. All proceeds will go towards helping the students fund-raise for a tip to tip tour of PEI.
- Grads: If there is enough interest, there will be a second order for Grad Clothing. There needs to be a minimum of 12 items for the order. You must pay in advance. Orders will be accepted until Friday, March 4. The only items available for this order are t-shirts, dry fits, hoodies and crewnecks. Anyone interested should see Mr. MacDonald, Mr. Killeen or Ms. McInnis.
- Women’s Basketball team hosts KISH in AAA quarterfinal action on Friday at 5:30 pm. The team has worked hard for three years to break into the AAA playoffs and their hard work has paid off! Come supports your Vikings and cheer them to victory on Friday!
- MRHS Juice Box Female Athletes of the Week: Sarah Campion, Maya Hinks, Lily Levesque, Faith MacLeod, Katie MacNeill. Our Midget Girls Gymnastics team won the team title at the PEISAA Provincial Gymnastics Championships on Saturday. Congratulations to the team on representing MRHS so well!
- All Power Lifters who are competing at provincials on March 15 are expected to be training at least twice a week in the fitness centre. Team practices will be held on March 2 and March 8 after school. All lifters competing at provincials are expected to attend.
- Badminton players interested in competing in a Badminton PEI tournament in Charlottetown on March 6 should see Ms. Nabuurs for registration information. Deadline to register is March 1.
- Students are reminded that there are no classes tomorrow. Teachers will be involved in Professional Development/Collaborative Team Meetings.
- Oulton College from Moncton NB will be here on March 8 at lunch time for any students interested in information. They will be set up in the lobby.
- Killeen is ordering Library books and taking suggestions! Visit the Library and add to her list!
- The library monitors have some puzzles set up in the library. They will rotate the puzzles every few weeks, with increasing difficulty. Stop by before school or at lunch and work on it by yourself or with a friend.
- It is that time of year again where we are looking for great peer tutors who are interested helping their fellow students. These peer tutors can accumulate community service bursary hours for this work. Anyone who is interested should come and see Ms. Beck in Learning Centre B.
- The school is looking for students who would be interested in helping out other students who are new to Montague High. If you are interested in the New Student Mentoring Program, please see Ms. Beck in Learning Centre B. Students can accumulate community service bursary hours by volunteering here.
- Mindful Mondays: helping teens de-stress. Come and see Ms.Victor and Ms.Toombs in the Library Conference room to learn about how to put some strategies in place to deal with stress. Meeting on Mondays in the Library Conference room from 12:00 to 12:30pm.
- Want to win a Galaxy Tablet? Visit scholastic.ca/contests for complete details or contact Mrs. Killeen for more information. Deadline for entries is March 11, 2016.
- Triathlon: If you are training with Ms. Evans-Renaud and Mr. MacDonald, swimming will be at 7:00am at the AFC on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings will be in the Fitness Centre at MRHS. An athletic fee of $10 must be paid to Ms. Evans-Renaud or Mr. MacDonald to help defray the cost of the pool.
- Wrestling practice goes on Mondays from 3:30 to 5:30pm and Wednesdays from 4:00 to 6:00pm.
- Ordering Your Yearbook: 2015-16 Yearbooks are on sale until February 26. Don’t be disappointed.
- Friday Song Requests can be submitted to Ms. Nabuurs or Haley MacLeod.
- Breakfast Club is up and running, and is open for all students.
- The Fitness Centre is open for students Monday to Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 pm.
- Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Christie Beck.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee each year. Payment should be made to the office.