It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to Dean Gordon, Jacob Gordon and Gabrielle Vandaele.
Welcome to the following guest staff: Colin Clarke for Christie Beck, Patricia Hewitt for Angela Killeen (am).
- There will be a very short, but important meeting for those who signed up for the Men’s Hockey Team in Mr. Kelly’s room (226) at first break this morning.
- There will be a meeting for the Environment Club today at 12:00 noon in Room 131. New members are welcome.
- Acadia University will be here today from 11:45 to 12:30 in the Library Conference Room. There will be on the spot admissions. This visit will be more focused on scholarships and residences.
- Today is Pink Shirt Day. We encourage everyone to practice kindness, and wear a pink shirt, button, or pin to symbolize that you do not tolerate bullying.
- Brittany Gordon is asked to see Mrs. Killeen in the Library today.
- Women’s Rugby training that was scheduled for today has been cancelled.
- The Men’s Basketball team will depart today at 3:15 pm on Bus 472. The bus will complete its regular route before continuing on to Colonel Gray.
- Men’s Basketball team is at Colonel Gray in AA quarterfinal action today at 5:30 pm. Come out and cheer them on!
- Women’s Basketball team hosts KISH in AAA quarterfinal action on Friday at 5:30 pm. The team has worked hard for three years to break into the AAA playoffs and their hard work has paid off! Come cheer them to victory on Friday!
- MRHS Juice Box Female Athletes of the Week: Sarah Campion, Maya Hinks, Lily Levesque, Faith MacLeod, Katie MacNeill. Our Midget Girls Gymnastics team won the team title at the PEISAA Provincial Gymnastics Championships on Saturday. Congratulations to the team on representing MRHS so well!
- All Power Lifters who are competing at provincials on March 15 are expected to be training at least twice a week in the fitness centre. Team practices will be held on March 2 and March 8 after school. All lifters competing at provincials are expected to attend.
- Tacos in a Bag – The Hospitality and Tourism class is serving Taco’s in a Bag on Thursday, February 25, at lunch in the foods room (#136). Cost is $5/bag which will include a bag of Doritos covered in your choice of taco toppings and a small glass of juice. All proceeds will go towards helping the students fund-raise for a tip to tip tour of PEI.
- Indigo Teen Book Club is hosting book club this Thursday at 7:00pm at the Charlottetown store. The two books being discussed are the strange and beautiful sorrows of ava lavender by Leslye Walton and The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey. New members are always welcome! See Mrs. Killeen for more information.
- Students are reminded that there are no classes on Friday, February 26. Teachers will be involved in Professional Development/Collaborative Team Meetings.
- Oulton College from Moncton NB will be here on March 8 at lunch time for any students interested in information. They will be set up in the lobby.
- Killeen is ordering Library books and taking suggestions! Visit the Library and add to her list!
- The library monitors have some puzzles set up in the library. They will rotate the puzzles every few weeks, with increasing difficulty. Stop by before school or at lunch and work on it by yourself or with a friend.
- Charity Shepard is asked to see Glenda McInnis this week.
- It is that time of year again where we are looking for great peer tutors who are interested helping their fellow students. These peer tutors can accumulate community service bursary hours for this work. Anyone who is interested should come and see Ms. Beck in Learning Centre B.
- The school is looking for students who would be interested in helping out other students who are new to Montague High. If you are interested in the New Student Mentoring Program, please see Ms. Beck in Learning Centre B. Students can accumulate community service bursary hours by volunteering here.
- Mindful Mondays: helping teens de-stress. Come and see Ms.Victor and Ms.Toombs in the Library Conference room to learn about how to put some strategies in place to deal with stress. Meeting on Mondays in the Library Conference room from 12:00 to 12:30pm.
- Want to win a Galaxy Tablet? Visit scholastic.ca/contests for complete details or contact Mrs. Killeen for more information. Deadline for entries is March 11, 2016.
- Triathlon: If you are training with Ms. Evans-Renaud and Mr. MacDonald, swimming will be at 7:00am at the AFC on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings will be in the Fitness Centre at MRHS. An athletic fee of $10 must be paid to Ms. Evans-Renaud or Mr. MacDonald to help defray the cost of the pool.
- Wrestling practice goes on Mondays from 3:30 to 5:30pm and Wednesdays from 4:00 to 6:00pm.
- Ordering Your Yearbook: 2015-16 Yearbooks are on sale until February 26. Don’t be disappointed.
- Friday Song Requests can be submitted to Ms. Nabuurs or Haley MacLeod.
- Breakfast Club is up and running, and is open for all students.
- The Fitness Centre is open for students Monday to Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 pm.
- Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Christie Beck.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee each year. Payment should be made to the office.