It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to Quentin Kenny, Asaki Yanagimoto, and Ms. Pauline Kelly.
Welcome to the following guest staff: Adam Clow for Kelly Pike, Colin Clarke for Isis Fluegge, Patricia Hewitt for Glenda McInnis, and Helena Jamieson for Kelly Matheson (pm).
- Mindful Mondays: helping teens de-stress. Come and see Ms.Victor and Ms.Toombs in the Library Conference room to learn about how to put some strategies in place to deal with stress. Meeting on Mondays in the Library Conference room from 12-12:30
- Emma Prosper, Kathleen Chandler, Ella Kingdon, Charity Shepard, and Stephen Chandler are asked to see Glenda McInnis this week.
- It is that time of year again where we are looking for great peer tutors who are interested helping their fellow students. These peer tutors can accumulate community service bursary hours for this work. Anyone who is interested should come and see Ms. Beck in Learning Centre B.
- The school is looking for students who would be interested in helping out other students who are new to Montague High. If you are interested in the New Student Mentoring Program, please see Ms. Beck in Learning Centre B. Students can accumulate community service bursary hours by volunteering with this program.
- Congratulations to members of the Midget Girls’ Gymnastics Team on winning the team championship on Saturday at the Provincials. Team members include: Maya Hinks, Lily Levesque, Katie MacNeil, Faith MacLeod and Sarah Campion. Congrats to all team members. Individually, Lily won 3rd all around and placed 2nd on vault.
- The Basketball teams will depart for KISH at 2:50 pm today.
- Skills PEI is having a job fair on Tuesday, February 23 (storm date is Friday, February 26) from 2:00 to 6:00pm at the Cavendish Farms Wellness Centre in Montague. Bring your resume!
- UNB will be here on Tuesday, February 23, in the Library to answer any questions students may have about applications, residence, and scholarships. Please let Ms.Victor know if you plan to attend the event.
- Acadia University will be hosting a Parent and Student Night at the Holiday Inn in Charlottetown on Tuesday, February 23, 2016 at 7pm. Prospective students and applicants have been notified of this event. At this event they will be doing admission on the spot for students who have not yet applied, as well as answering any questions about scholarships, residence, and next steps.
- There will be a meeting for the Environment Club this Wednesday at 12:00 noon in room 131. Newe members are welcome.
- Acadia University will be back for a winter visit on February 24 from 11:45 to 12:30 in the Library Conference Room. There will be on the spot admissions. This visit will be more focused on scholarships and residences.
- Pink Shirt Day is Wednesday, February 24. We encourage everyone to practice kindness, and wear a pink shirt, button, or pin to symbolize that you do not tolerate bullying.
- Tacos in a Bag – The Hospitality and Tourism class is serving Taco’s in a Bag on Thursday, February 25, at lunch in the foods room (#136). Cost is $5/bag which will include a bag of Doritos covered in your choice of taco toppings and a small glass of juice. All proceeds will go towards helping the students fund-raise for a tip to tip tour of PEI.
- The Canadian Association of Principals are proud to sponsor the CAP Student Leadership Award. Criteria for Selection (100 points) includes Leadership in School Activities (1 to max. of 25 points), Leadership in the Community (1 to max. of 25 points), Academic Achievement (1 to max. of 20 points), Essay (1 to max. of 20 points), and Recognition, Awards, Honours and Scholarships (1 to max. of 10 points). Award amount is $250.00. Students should see Ms. Victor for an application. The deadline is March 1, 2016.
- Oulton College from Moncton NB will be here on March 8 at lunch time for any students interested in information. They will be set up in the lobby.
- Want to win a Galaxy Tablet? Visit scholastic.ca/contests for complete details or contact Mrs. Killeen for more information. Deadline for entries is March 11, 2016.
- Triathlon: If you are training with Ms. Evans-Renaud and Mr. MacDonald, swimming will be at 7:00am at the AFC on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings will be in the Fitness Centre at MRHS. An athletic fee of $10 must be paid to Ms. Evans-Renaud or Mr. MacDonald to help defray the cost of the pool.
- Wrestling practice goes until 6:00pm on Wednesdays from now on.
- Ordering Your Yearbook: 2015-16 Yearbooks are on sale until February 26. Don’t be disappointed.
- Friday Song Requests can be submitted to Ms. Nabuurs or Haley MacLeod.
- Breakfast Club is up and running, and is open for all students.
- The Fitness Centre is open for students Monday to Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 pm.
- Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Christie Beck.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee each year. Payment should be made to the office.
Public Service Announcements:
- Spring League Volleyball teams for girls at Montague Regional High School starting on Monday, February 22 at 7pm. Plans are to have a Grade 7-9 team and a Grade 10-12 team. If there are any questions, contact John Munro at email@example.com, or call 659-7200.
- Teacher of the Month: The school year is in full swing and The New HOT 105.5 is searching for the HOT Teacher of the Month. We want students and parents across PEI to nominate great teachers so they can recognize them with prizes from sponsors like Vogue Optical and a pizza party for their class. For more information, contact Laura Woodworth at facebook.com/laura.woodworth
- Snowboard PEI – RIDERS Speed & Style event at Brookvale – February 27, 2016: The event is open to participants aged 8 and up, who have basic snowboarding skills. The event is a partnership between Canada~Snowboard (C~S) and Snowboard PEI that is intended to attract and engage youth into the competitive snowboarding world. A RIDERS Speed & Style event introduces participants to competition through a multi-discipline skills course designed to challenge the fundamental snowboard skills (agility, balan…ce & coordination) of freestyle, snowboard cross and alpine snowboarding. The event also serves as a capstone to showcase Snowboard PEI’s first season of RIDERS programs in a fun competition that includes an on course training session, 2 runs with feedback on skills plus prizes for Best Style, Most Improved and Sportsmanship. Snowboard PEI will be hosting a BBQ at Brookvale following the event. Come see what we are about!