It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy Birthday to Cody Fitzpatrick and Samuel Hopkins.
Welcome to the following guest staff: Adam Clow for Matt Killeen, Bethany Norris for Andrew Henderson (am), Dean Lackie, Wanda Cheverie for Gail Greene.
- There will be a brief meeting for the Maple Leaf Exchange students today in Room 139 at 12:00.
- Environmental Group: There will be a meeting of the new environmental group being put on by the Southeast Environmental Association today at 12:00 noon in Room 131. Come find out what this group is about!
- Saint FX will hold an information session today from 6:30 to 8:00pm at Hotel On Pownal (146 Pownal St, Charlottetown). Please RSVP to Erin Draper at email@example.com.
- Match Makers are on sale for $2 in the ticket booth until next Tuesday, February 16.
- A reminder for Grade 12 students who are planning on applying to UPEI Nursing Program that the deadline is February 15, 2016, and there is a supplementary form that is required.
- Students, and staff are invited to Learning Centre B to sign a memory journal that will be presented to Mary Ellen Campbell’s family at the end of the week. You are welcome to leave a memory, a thought, a note of sympathy, a sketch or drawing, or whatever is in your heart. Please see Ms. Beck or Mrs. Power if you have any questions.
- Choir Members – Pick up time for the Steerman Quality Meat orders has been changed to 1:00pm on Monday, February 15. Please be on time.
- MRHS Juice Box Male Athlete of the Week: Denver “Hollywood” MacDonald, Grade 10 Forward. Denver continues to demonstrate hard work and dedication to his training; and in return, he is showing improvements every day. Last week, Denver had a season high 8 points and led the team with 8 rebounds in a very important win versus Kinkora.
- Gymnastics athletes are reminded to return their signed consent forms to Ms. Nabuurs today.
- Faith MacLeod, please see Ms. Nabuurs to get a form.
- Men’s Rugby Practice: Today from 3:30 to 5:00pm in the Fitness Centre.
- Wrestling practice goes until 6:00pm on Wednesdays from now on.
- Gymnastics practice is Thursday after school until 5:00pm at MCS.
- Saint Mary’s University Information Session: Thursday, February 11, at 7:00pm at Confederation Centre. Interested students should register at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Out of respect for the late Mary Ellen Campbell, there will be no classes for students on Friday, Feb.12.
- Holland College visit is now scheduled for February 18 at 11:45am. They will have one on one meetings with students who would like to meet individually with representatives from Holland College. They will assist with applications, scholarships, as well any other questions students may have. Please sign up at Student Services for a time.
- Acadia University will be back for a winter visit on February 24 from 11:45 to 12:30 in the Library Conference Room. There will be on the spot admissions. This visit will be more focused on scholarships and residences.
- The Canadian Association of Principals are proud to sponsor the CAP Student Leadership Award. Criteria for Selection (100 points) includes Leadership in School Activities (1 to max. of 25 points), Leadership in the Community (1 to max. of 25 points), Academic Achievement (1 to max. of 20 points), Essay (1 to max. of 20 points), and Recognition, Awards, Honours and Scholarships (1 to max. of 10 points). Award amount is $250.00. Students should see Ms. Victor for an application. The deadline is March 1, 2016.
- Want to win a Galaxy Tablet? Visit scholastic.ca/contests for complete details or contact Mrs. Killeen for more information. Deadline for entries is March 11, 2016.
- Triathlon: If you are training with Ms. Evans-Renaud and Mr. MacDonald, swimming will be at 7:00am at the AFC on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings will be in the Fitness Centre at MRHS. An athletic fee of $10 must be paid to Ms. Evans-Renaud or Mr. MacDonald to help defray the cost of the pool.
- Ordering Your Yearbook: 2015-16 Yearbooks are on sale until February 26. Don’t be disappointed.
- Friday Song Requests can be submitted to Ms. Nabuurs.
- Breakfast Club is up and running, and is open for all students.
- The Fitness Centre is open for students Monday to Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 pm.
- Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Christie Beck.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee each year. Payment should be made to the office.