It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to Savannah Vandenberghe. Belated greetings to the following students who celebrated their special day over this past weekend: Jonah Wilton and Maddy Murphy.
Welcome to the following guest staff: Pat Hewitt, Dean Lackie, Hailey Batchilder, Darrell Bradley, Harold Brothers, Harris Campbell, Isis Fluegge, Adam Clow, Angela Carpendale, Susan Fitzpatrick, Mindy Johnston, Jenny McCarron, and Sara MacDougall.
- Secondary Mathematics Assessment – All PEI Grade 11 students are writing this exam today. Grades 10 and 12 Students have regular classes. Grade 11 students have regular classes this afternoon.
- Schulich Leaders Scholarship Applications are available at Student Services. The deadline for the application is today.
- Regular exams start tomorrow: Exams for A Block classes are on Tuesday, Jan.26; B Block classes on Wednesday, Jan.27; C Block classes on Thursday, Jan.28; and D Block classes on Friday, Jan.29. Exams are written in the morning, leaving the afternoon open for presentations/seminars/oral/practical exams, make-up exams, or study time.
Ways to Take a Break:
- Read a book, Listen to a guided relaxation, Light a candle, Take deep belly breaths, Walk outside.
- Terry Fox Scholarship Deadline is February 1, 2016. Students should see Ms.Victor if they have any questions.
- Dalhousie University will be having an information session on February 3 at 7:00pm at Rodd Charlottetown, 75 Kent St. Please go to dal/connect.ca for more details and to register.
- Holland College will be here at lunch time on Wednesday, February 3, to do one on one meetings with students who would like to meet individually with representatives from Holland College. They will assist with applications, scholarships, as well any other questions students may have. Please sign up at Student Services for a time.
- Saint FX will hold an information session on Wednesday, February 10, 2016, from 6:30 to 8:00pm at Hotel On Pownal (146 Pownal St, Charlottetown). Please RSVP to Erin Draper at email@example.com
- Student Biz PEI provides support to students between 16-24 years of age interested in starting their own summer business. Qualifying students receive $1,000 to offset startup costs to get their business off the ground, access to up to $1,000 in repayable loan (if needed), and upon successful completion of the program, a $500 contribution towards their post-secondary studies. In addition to the financial support, Student Biz PEI provides the students with mentorship and training in business planning, financial management, advertising and marketing. This mentorship and training will help build the foundation for each student to successfully operate their business throughout the summer. Applications are being accepted from now until February 20, 2016. For more information you can visit our website at http://www.centraldevelopmentcorp.com/student-biz/
- Acadia University will be back for a winter visit on February 24 from 11:45 to 12:30 in the Library Conference Room. There will be on the spot admissions. This visit will be more focused on scholarships and residences.
- The Canadian Association of Principals are proud to sponsor the CAP Student Leadership Award. Criteria for Selection (100 points) includes Leadership in School Activities (1 to max. of 25 points), Leadership in the Community (1 to max. of 25 points), Academic Achievement (1 to max. of 20 points), Essay (1 to max. of 20 points), and Recognition, Awards, Honours and Scholarships (1 to max. of 10 points). Award amount is $250.00. Students should see Ms. Victor for an application. The deadline is March 1, 2016.
- Men’s Rugby: No practices until second semester.
- Triathlon: If you are training with Ms. Evans-Renaud and Mr. MacDonald, swimming will be at 7:00am at the AFC on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings will be in the Fitness Centre at MRHS. An athletic fee of $10 must be paid to Ms. Evans-Renaud or Mr. MacDonald to help defray the cost of the pool.
- Ordering Your Yearbook: 2015-16 Yearbooks are on sale until February 26. Don’t be disappointed.
- Friday Song Requests can be submitted to Christina Howlett or Ms. Nabuurs.
- Breakfast Club is up and running, and is open for all students.
- The Fitness Centre is open for students Monday to Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 pm.
- Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Christie Beck.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee each year. Payment should be made to the office.