It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy Birthday to Ruth Visser. We extend belated greetings to Peer Kristensen who celebrated his birthday yesterday.
Welcome to the following guest staff: Marla McCarron for Lynn Hayes, Dean Lackie for Alana Trainor (am), Nancy Cudmore for Christie Beck, Adam Clow for Jennifer Victor
- Callum Thomson is an eight year old Belfast student who has been recently diagnosed with Leukemia. He is currently undergoing treatment in Halifax. Student Council will be collecting spare change after lunch Monday to Friday to help out this family. Thanks in advance for your donations!
- A “pretty important stuff” cosmetic case has been in the office for the past couple of days. A “contigo” beverage container was left in the Fitness Center on Friday. If either of these items are yours, please come to the office and pick it up.
- Today’s Home Games: Women’s Basketball vs Bluefield 5:30pm, Men’s Basketball vs Bluefield 7:30pm
- Jasmine Knight, please see Ms. Nabuurs this morning please.
Congratulations to the Kings County AAA girls on taking home Gold playing in the DQ tournament this past weekend over in New Brunswick! Had a hard fought battle with a 5 and 0 winning streak. The championship game went into overtime 0-0, which was 3 on 3 for 5 minutes, followed by a shoot out. Neither team scored the first round of the shoot out. The Penguins then scored but this was followed by Kelly Clements sniping one, making it 1-1. The Penguins then shot again but was saved. Amanda Gormley then scored the winning goal with an unreal shot, making it 2-1. Great effort by all!
- STRIVE meeting is being held on January 21 at 11:45, please bring along your folder. New members are welcome. See Ms.Victor for more information
- Schulich Leaders Scholarship Applications are available at Student Services. The deadline for the application is January 25, 2016.
- Terry Fox Scholarship Deadline is February 1, 2016. Students should see Ms.Victor if they have any questions.
- FX will hold an information session on Wednesday February 10, 2016, from 6:30 to 8:00pm at Hotel On Pownal (146 Pownal St, Charlottetown). Please RSVP to Erin Draper at email@example.com
- Acadia will be back for a winter visit on February 24 from 11:45 to 12:30 in the Library Conference Room. There will be on the spot admissions. This visit will be more focused on scholarships and residences.
- Triathlon: If you are training with Ms. Evans-Renaud and Mr. MacDonald, swimming will be at 7:00am at the AFC on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings will be in the Fitness Centre at MRHS. An athletic fee of $10 must be paid to Ms. Evans-Renaud or Mr. MacDonald to help defray the cost of the pool.
- Ordering Your Yearbook: 2015-16 Yearbooks are on sale until February 26. Don’t be disappointed.
- Friday Song Requests can be submitted to Christina Howlett or Ms. Nabuurs.
- Breakfast Club is up and running, and is open for all students.
- The Fitness Centre is open for students Monday to Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 pm.
- Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Christie Beck.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee each year. Payment should be made to the office.