It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to Jonathan Vincent.
Welcome to the following guest staff: Nicole Butler for Angela Killeen, Harold Brothers for Brian Somers, Dean Lackie for Mary Ellen Campbell, Harris Campbell for Jennifer Murphy.
- SEVEC students can drop by Mr. Kelly’s room (226) at any point today to pick up your raffle tickets for their fundraiser.
- Carmen Grinton, a current medical student at Memorial University, will be here today at 11:45 in the Library Conference room to speak to students who are interested in studying medicine.
- Culinary Meal: Come on down to Comfort Food Friday in the Culinary Lab! Meal is being served at 11:50am in the Culinary Lab, Room 136.
- A “pretty important stuff” cosmetic case has been in the office for the past couple of days. If this is yours, please come and pick it up.
- The Women’s Basketball team will depart at 9:30 am today for their game in the Confederation City Classic. Good luck to the team as they compete this weekend in this tournament!
- Students who are interested in participating in Badminton PEI events and tournaments should see Ms. Nabuurs today for more information.
- Triathlon training has begun! If you are training with Ms. Evans-Renaud and Mr. MacDonald, swimming will be at 7:00am at the AFC on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings will be in the Fitness Centre at MRHS. An athletic fee of $10 must be paid to Ms. Evans-Renaud or Mr. MacDonald to help defray the cost of the pool.
- STRIVE meeting is being held on January 21 at 11:45, please bring along your folder. New members are welcome. See Ms.Victor for more information
- Schulich Leaders Scholarship Applications are available at Student Services. The deadline for the application is January 25, 2016.
- Terry Fox Scholarship Deadline is February 1, 2016. Students should see Ms.Victor if they have any questions.
- FX will hold an information session on Wednesday February 10, 2016, from 6:30 to 8:00pm at Hotel On Pownal (146 Pownal St, Charlottetown). Please RSVP to Erin Draper at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Acadia will be back for a winter visit on February 24 from 11:45 to 12:30 in the Library Conference Room. There will be on the spot admissions. This visit will be more focused on scholarships and residences.
- Scholastic Teen Readers Club: January book orders have arrived and forms are always available in the Library for ordering. Cheques are to be made payable to Scholastic Books Ltd.
- Forum for Young Canadians presents a fun and valuable opportunity to meet other young Canadians like you during a week-long behind-the-scenes experience in the world of federal politics on Parliament Hill. Applications are now being accepted, please look online at forum.ca or see Ms.Victor.
- Reading Challenge: Check out the library blog for the list or stop by the library to pick up your copy of the 2016 Reading Challenge.
- Ordering Your Yearbook: 2015-16 Yearbooks are on sale until February 26. Don’t be disappointed.
- Friday Song Requests can be submitted to Christina Howlett or Ms. Nabuurs.
- Breakfast Club is up and running, and is open for all students.
- The Fitness Centre is open for students Monday to Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 pm.
- Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Christie Beck.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee each year. Payment should be made to the office.