It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy Birthday to Toby Quimby and Ian Soloman.
Welcome to the following guest staff: Mindy Johnston
- Harrison MacKay, please see Mrs. Killeen today.
- Reading Challenge: Check out the library blog for the list or stop by the library to pick up your copy of the 2016 Reading Challenge.
- Forum for Young Canadians presents a fun and valuable opportunity to meet other young Canadians like you during a week-long behind-the-scenes experience in the world of federal politics on Parliament Hill. Applications are now being accepted, please look online at forum.ca or see Ms.Victor.
- Today’s Home Games: Women’s Basketball vs Charlottetown Rural at 5:30 pm and Men’s Basketball vs Charlottetown Rural at 7:30 pm.
- Students who are interested in participating in Badminton PEI events and tournaments should see Ms. Nabuurs this week for more information.
- Benefit Concert: On January 6, there will be a benefit concert for Mental Health presented at MRHS from 7:00 to 9:30pm. Admission is by donation; included with the performances by local artists will be a bake sale and 50/50 draw. Your support would be appreciated!
- There will be block meetings for all Peer Helpers this Thursday (January 7).
- Holland College will be here this Thursday, January 7, from 11:45 to 12:30 for an information session. Students who are thinking of going to Holland College should plan to attend.
- Carmen Grinton, a current medical student at Memorial University, will be here on Friday, January 8, at 11:45 in the Library Conference room to speak to students who are interested in studying medicine. See Ms. Victor for more information.
- Culinary Meal on January 8: Come on down to Comfort Food Friday in the Culinary Lab! It starts off with the creamiest homemade tomato soup you’ll ever taste, served with warm focaccia bread. This is followed by good old-fashioned sheppard’s pie just like your momma used to make. What meal would be complete without gingerbread cheesecake bites, with a creamy filling guaranteed to make your tastebuds dance. Last but not least, the hot chocolate: the perfect thing to warm your frayed nerves in this cold, exam-filled season. Dresscode: sweatpants, messy buns and baggy t-shirts. Cost is $8; meal is being served at 11:50am on Friday, January 8, in the Culinary Lab, room 136.
- STRIVE meeting is being held on January 21 at 11:45, please bring along your folder. New members are welcome. See Ms.Victor for more information
- Schulich Leaders Scholarship Applications are available at Student Services. The deadline for the application is January 25, 2016.
- Terry Fox Scholarship Deadline is February 1, 2016. Students should see Ms.Victor if they have any questions.
- Acadia will be back for a winter visit on February 24 from 11:45 to 12:30 in the Library Conference Room. There will be on the spot admissions. This visit will be more focused on scholarships and residences.
- Ordering Your Yearbook: 2015-16 Yearbooks are on sale until February 26. Don’t be disappointed.
- Friday Song Requests can be submitted to Christina Howlett or Ms. Nabuurs.
- Breakfast Club is up and running, and is open for all students.
- The Fitness Centre is open for students Monday to Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 pm.
- Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Christie Beck.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee each year. Payment should be made to the office.