Happy Birthday to Haley MacIntyre and Owen Williams. We extend greetings to all the students who will celebrated their birthdays over the Christmas break: Alecia Shaw, Billie MacKay, David Cain, Matthew Gallo, Tyler Garnhum, Morgan Dockendorff, Matthew Fraser, Jessica MacLeod, Emma Mullally, Lydia MacLeod, Blair Spencer, and Marley MacNeill.
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Isis Fluegge for Karen Malone, Wanda Cheverie for Yvonne Higgins, Dean Lackie for Jared Cheverie, Donna White for Natasha Nabuurs, Nicole Butler for Angela Killeen.
Schedule for Today: Last Day of School for 2015!
- 09:03 – 09:40 – A Block (after reading period)
- 09:40 – 10:18 – B Block
- 10:18 – 10:28 – Morning Break
- 10:28 – 11:05 – D Block
- 11:05 – 11:43 – C Block
- 11:43 – 12:30 – Lunch Break
- 12:30 – 01:30 – Teacher vs Student Volleyball Game in the Gym
- 01:30 – 02:30 -Ping Pong/Badminton in the Gym
-Reading/Computer time in the Library
-Work-out in the Fitness Centre
-Board Games in the Learning Centre
-Movies in the Cafeteria
-Open Jam in the Music Room
- 02:30 – 02:45 – Everyone to the Cafeteria
- 02:45 – 03:05 – Locker Clean Out
- Today, December 22, is the last day to order a yearbook at school for the regular price of $50. After the holidays, the price goes up to $60. We accept cash and cheques made payable to Montague Regional High School. If you’d like to pay by credit card, please visit http://www.jostens.com/apps/store/productBrowse/1111993/Montague-Regional-High-School/2016-Yearbook/20151015041743337143/CATALOG_SHOP/ Happy Holidays from MRHS Yearbook Staff!
- MRHS Juice Box Female Athletes of the Week: Gabrielle Vandaele and Alexandra Parsons. Gabrielle and Alex competed very well in their first tournament of the year at Harrison Trimble High in Moncton, NB. Gabrielle took home the Silver medal and Alexandra won Bronze in their respective weight classes. Both wrestlers faced very tough competitors from NB and Alexandra came within 2 points of defeating last year’s national world team member. Wrestling coaches were very proud of how hard they fought and are looking forward to our next tournament in January.
- Triathlon training will begin after the holidays. Anyone interested in joining the group should contact Mr. Philip MacDonald or Ms. Evans-Renaud.
- Athletes who are interested in playing indoor field hockey this year should see Ms. Nabuurs before Christmas break for registration information.
- First day of school after the holidays is Monday, January 4, 2016. It will be a “C-D” Day!
- Holland College will be here on Thursday, January 7, 2016 from 11:45 to 12:30 for an information session. Students who are thinking of going to Holland College should plan to attend.
- Acadia will be back for a winter visit on February 24 from 11:45 to 12:30 in the Library Conference Room. There will be on the spot admissions. This visit will be more focused on scholarships and residences.
- Doucette is opening the welding shop on Tuesday after school from 3:20 to 4:20 for anyone who is interested in learning anything about welding.
- Ordering Your Yearbook: 2015-16 Yearbooks are on sale and will arrive in June. Books can be ordered in the yearbook office at lunch from 12:15 to 12:30pm, payable by cash or cheque to MRHS. Credit Card orders can be placed by following the link on our school’s website. After January 1st, there will be a late fee of $10 applied to any yearbook order. No orders taken after February 26. Don’t be disappointed. Order a yearbook!
- Friday Song Requests can be submitted to Christina Howlett or Ms. Nabuurs.
- Breakfast Club is up and running, and is open for all students.
- The Fitness Centre is open for students Monday – Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 pm.
- Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Christie Beck.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee each year. Payment should be made to the office.