It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy Birthday to Melissa Greencorn and Hailee White.
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Nicole Butler for Angela Killeen, Wanda Cheverie for Gail Greene, Harold Brothers for Peter Connaughton, Donna White for Christie Beck, Marla McCarron for Lynn Hayes, Harris Campbell for Garrett Toole, Mark Gregory for Jennifer Murphy, Helena Jamieson for Dawn Martell (pm).
- Fly Tyers will meet in Mr. Trainor’s room at 11:45 today. You will be tying a “Lester the Lobster” variant.
- Any choir member who ordered a jacket can pick it up in Room #133 (Mrs. Hicken’s room)
- Don’t forget to order your yearbook before Christmas break. The price will increase to $60 in the new year.
- Grad clothing sales finish up today. Visit Room 141 during lunch break There are a variety of options for grads to choose from including: T-shirts ($15), Raglan shirts ($20), Dry-fit shirts (short sleeve $20, long sleeve $25), Sweatpants ($30), Hoodies ($30), Crewnecks ($30). For an extra $5, all shirts and sweaters can have the list of grad names printed on the back. There are samples to try for sizing and payment is due at the time of ordering.
- Today’s Cafeteria Special: Chinese meatballs with rice and egg roll for $6.25.
- Heckbert’s are here today around 11:30am with grad photo orders. Call (902)566-5500 if you have any questions.
- Culinary Christmas Meal is being served from the Culinary Kitchen today at 11:50.
MRHS Christmas Spirit Week Wraps Up Today!
- Friday: Christmas Sweater Day
- Selfie with Elfie Contest: Elfie will be hiding somewhere in the school again today. Your job is to find Elfie at lunchtime and take a selfie with him. Bring your picture to Ms. Beaton’s room by the end of lunch and get your name entered to win a prize at the end of the week.
- Any students from the MRHS Volleyball teams interested in playing against the teachers on Tuesday, December 22, please give your name to Ms. Nabuurs.
- Athletes who are interested in playing indoor field hockey this year should see Ms. Nabuurs before Christmas break for registration information.
- MRHS Juice Box Female Athlete of the Week: Zoie Farish. Zoie played a large role in the Women’s Basketball Team’s wins against Souris and Colonel Gray by scoring from the perimeter and getting the team into their offense.
- Wrestling Tournament: Saturday at Harrison Trimble High, Moncton, NB.
- Holland College will be here on Thursday, January 7, 2016 from 11:45 to 12:30 for an information session. Students who are thinking of going to Holland College should plan to attend.
- Acadia will be back for a winter visit on February 24 from 11:45 to 12:30 in the Library Conference Room. There will be on the spot admissions. This visit will be more focused on scholarships and residences.
- Doucette is opening the welding shop on Tuesday after school from 3:20 to 4:20 for anyone who is interested in learning anything about welding. The first fifteen individuals will be accepted each day. Permission slips are available from Mr. Doucette in the trades wing.
- Christmas School Clothing Sale: Buy one and get one free! Sweatpants are $30. Hats and T-Shirts are $10. School Store is open Monday, Tuesday and Friday from 10:30am to 12:00 noon.
- Ordering Your Yearbook: 2015-16 Yearbooks are on sale for $50 and will arrive in June. Books can be ordered in the yearbook office at lunch from 12:15 to 12:30pm, payable by cash or cheque made payable to MRHS. Credit Card orders can be placed by following the link on our school’s website. Yearbooks sell for $50 until the Christmas holidays. After January 1st, there will be a late fee of $10 applied to any yearbook order. No orders taken after February 26. Don’t be disappointed. Order a yearbook!
- Friday Song Requests can be submitted to Christina Howlett or Ms. Nabuurs.
- Breakfast Club is up and running, and is open for all students.
- The Fitness Centre is open for students Monday – Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 pm.
- Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Christie Beck.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee each year. Payment should be made to the office.