It’s a “C-D” Day!
Happy Birthday to Kimberley Lava!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Dean Lackie for Jared Cheverie, Alana Marchand for Caleigh Oehlke.
- Jazz and Concert Band members are asked to please arrive at 6:00 this evening to prepare for the concert.
- All Choir members must be at the school in uniform tonight at 5:45, ready to rehearse.
- Don’t forget to order your yearbook before Christmas break. The price will increase to $60 in the new year.
- Christmas dinner is being served in the Cafeteria today. Menu includes roasted turkey with savory stuffing, creamy mashed potatoes, vegetables, dessert and white milk for $7.25. Prepaid tickets only accepted.
- Any grads wishing to order grad clothing are reminded to visit Room 141 during lunch breaks.
- Heckbert’s will return to school with grad photo orders Friday at lunch time. They’ll be here about 11:30am if any parent wants to drop by and get their photos, instead of getting the grad to pick them up. Heckbert’s has contacted, or tried to contact, everyone regarding any balance owing. Call (902)566-5500 if you have any questions.
- Culinary Meal: A Christmas dinner including roast chicken, mashed potatoes, roasted vegetables, gravy and stuffing, dinner rolls, cranberry sauce, apple pie with ice cream, and Christmas punch is being served from the Culinary Kitchen tomorrow Friday, December 18. Book your meal now; tickets available at lunch time.
This is MRHS Christmas Spirit Week – Dec. 14-18:
- Thursday: Christmas dress up (Christmas theme – dress up as Santa, Ms. Claus, an Elf etc.)
- Friday: Christmas Sweater Day
- Selfie with Elfie Contest: Elfie will be hiding somewhere in the school throughout our Spirit Week. Your job is to find Elfie at lunchtime and take a selfie with him. Bring your picture to Ms. Beaton’s room by the end of lunch and get your name entered to win a prize at the end of the week.
- Congratulations to the Women’s Basketball Team on a huge victory over the Souris Senior Women! Zoie Farish put up 22 points leading the team with her 3 point shot. Molly Stewart followed with 16 points, and Savannah Vandenburge with 7 points. Sarah Furness, Grace Boyce, and Rebecca Martens controlled the defensive end throughout the entire game. Great work, ladies!
- Any students from the MRHS volleyball team interested in playing against the teachers on Tuesday, December 22, please give your name to Ms. Nabuurs.
- Athletes who are interested in playing indoor field hockey this year should see Ms. Nabuurs before Christmas break for registration information.
- MRHS Juice Box Female Athlete of the Week: Zoie Farish. Zoie played a large role in the Women’s Basketball Team’s wins against Souris and Colonel Gray by scoring from the perimeter and getting the team into their offense.
- Wrestling Tournament: Saturday at Harrison Trimble High, Moncton, NB.
- Grad clothing will be for sale in Room 141 during lunch break every day until December 18. There are a variety of options for grads to choose from including: T-shirts ($15), Raglan shirts ($20), Dry-fit shirts (short sleeve $20, long sleeve $25), Sweatpants ($30), Hoodies ($30), Crewnecks ($30). For an extra $5, all shirts and sweaters can have the list of grad names printed on the back. There are samples to try for sizing and payment is due at the time of ordering.
- Holland College will be here on Thursday, January 7, 2016 from 11:45 to 12:30 for an information session. Students who are thinking of going to Holland College should plan to attend.
- Acadia will be back for a winter visit on February 24 from 11:45 to 12:30 in the Library Conference Room. There will be on the spot admissions. This visit will be more focused on scholarships and residences.
- Doucette is opening the welding shop on Tuesday after school from 3:20 to 4:20 for anyone who is interested in learning anything about welding. The first fifteen individuals will be accepted each day. Permission slips are available from Mr. Doucette in the trades wing.
- Christmas School Clothing Sale: Buy one and get one free! Sweatpants are $30. Hats and T-Shirts are $10. School Store is open Monday, Tuesday and Friday from 10:30am to 12:00 noon.
- Ordering Your Yearbook: 2015-16 Yearbooks are on sale for $50 and will arrive in June. Books can be ordered in the yearbook office at lunch from 12:15 to 12:30pm, payable by cash or cheque made payable to MRHS. Credit Card orders can be placed by following the link on our school’s website. Yearbooks sell for $50 until the Christmas holidays. After January 1st, there will be a late fee of $10 applied to any yearbook order. No orders taken after February 26. Don’t be disappointed. Order a yearbook!
- Friday Song Requests can be submitted to Christina Howlett or Ms. Nabuurs.
- Breakfast Club is up and running, and is open for all students.
- The Fitness Centre is open for students Monday – Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 pm.
- Anyone who would like to have a free peer tutor to help with his or her subjects, see Ms. Christie Beck.
- All students are required to pay a $20 Student Fee each year. Payment should be made to the office.